1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Mad Scientist's RPC summary

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Strategy & Tips' started by madscientist, Dec 19, 2007.

1. Hereditary Rule

Hereditary Rule Warlord

So and so, the CAPITALIST!!!

Your cities must be capitals. You're allowed your own capital and AI capital cities (captured of course, and only the original capital). Other cities must be raised. Interesting empire management decisions ensue. You can maybe have barb cities if it sounds too tough. Basically you'll never build a settler.

Probably good with an AGG leader on a Pangaea Map.

:eek::lol::)

2. Matthew5117

Matthew5117 Emperor

'Nother great idea! We need more leaders though!

3. semirami

semirami The Wolf

Can you keep captured improvements(farms,cottages,ws etc) and capruted cities with unhealthy buildings?

One more interesting rule comes into my mind:

Gilgamesh must destroy every leader, who knows Medicine, but refuses to accept environmentalism(or defies UN resolution). And Gilgamesh must trade, or even gift Medicine to all leaders.

4. madscientist

madscientist RPC Supergenius

Hmmm....... Captured polluting buildings will be removed via worldbuilder as with health buildings in the Bull game. Improvements I will see as I go.

5. bestje

bestje Big Game Hunter

clearing all improvements could get a bit tedious

6. Matthew5117

Matthew5117 Emperor

Ah, he's done it before... remember the crusades?

7. Joshua368

Joshua368 Warmongering builder

Just remember to pillage them while they are under enemy or neutral territory, so you get gold from it.

8. madscientist

Well, Golgamesh seams to be winding down, for good or Ill!

So time to discuss where to go next!

There are now only 6 MAd Scientsits RPCs left in the series and I think I will put them in order with some more refined concepts for each game.

1) Isabella and teh quest for the 7 Holy Grails. Where Isabella must control all 7 Holy Cities and adopt to the most recent she acquires. Looking at a continents or Hemispheres map on this one.

2) Land-Lubber Hannibal. A continents Map where Hannibal must win via domination or conquest While avoiding settling or keeping coastal cities. The reason is to honor the God's of the sea by not infringing on their land. The reward? The Sea Gods will build a tundra land bright (via world builder) to the other continent once Hannibal discovers the other world. I am considering avoiding Sailing and Calendar but not sure what will actually be missed as I expect the game to go into the modern era.

3) Happy Hatty: Hatty is a bubbled headed, overtrusting soal and simply loves life, probably too much. Once Drama, Literature and Music are teched (MUST be beelined) she must hike the culture slider up AMAP. She also MUST open borders and trade, can never deny any request, and best yet refuses to overwork her citizans thus only 1 worker can ever exist in the Egytpian Empire. I am tempted to run a Heiroglyphics game and avoid alphabet but I am not sure if I can get Music/darama/Lit this way still.

4) The DeGaulle Union: The idea is to unify the entire world as one politic entity, wether by diplomacy or military if need be. No civilization can be destroyed, however Degaulle can vassal as many as he can. Victory is limited to diplomacy or Domination. The kicker is to play a archeopolego map with high sea levels and small islands!

5) Abe Love NY: Lincoln in a One City Challenge where he must win via Space. Again I am considering an Archeopolego game here although I will likely go through numerous maps until I get one I am comfortable with.

6) The Heir Apparent: The return of the Great Khan Family! Very similar to the first MAd Scientist RPC but with The Great Khan's Grandson looking to restore honor to the family name! Rules and maps I am keeping to myself until I actually start that RPC.

So folks, this is the last chance to offer any advice or suggestions for these last 6 games!

9. Matthew5117

Matthew5117 Emperor

Your seriously going to finish this once and for all?

Please don't. :cry:

Btw, the ideas are good. However, for the DeGaulle Union, how do you define one politic entity? Like all the same civics or what?

10. madscientist

Regarding DeGaulee, not quite sure there. It may be a play and see game. Military force if need be. Perhaps forced civics like emancipation/Free Speech/Representation or US/Free Religion? I have toyed with gifting constitution/democracy but perhaps that's not in our best interest to get a new world order.

As far as ending the series, I am a believer that all good things come to an end! I will certainly be arround and perhaps I can hijack a few posted games with RPC angles, but that's far off! My goal quite a while ago was possibly a tale for each leader, which is what we got (and a few additional tales for a few, like AI, Peter, Shaka, Mao, Charlemagne, and of course Gandhi who seams to have spurned a solo career on YouTube!).

11. Matthew5117

Matthew5117 Emperor

Well, okay. But don't expect not to see a lot of controversy.

12. semirami

semirami The Wolf

I hope that this will be not the end. I'm following your RPCs since the great khan and never missed one. I'll be very disappointed if you just stop here.

13. carl corey

carl corey Deity

Nobody stops other players from picking up this style of games. :) And nobody can (or should) force Mad to play more than he wants to.

14. cripp7

cripp7 Playin' Bored

Have you thought about doing a 'Let's play CivIV' series on youtube like TMIT has been doing? Reading your RPCs are great, but actually watching one gets a more of the true aspect of what's happening in the game.

15. Matthew5117

Matthew5117 Emperor

Hey, yeah. Maybe do it for the last RPC?

16. madscientist

Not really into the YouTube thing (other than viewing them!). It's enough work posted the game although I promise a very detailed final RPC!

Remember my computer skills are a Post-Education acquisition skill!

17. assass1n

assass1n Warlord

So you consider them inferior to anybody ? If you want to do something nothing can stop you :)

18. carl corey

carl corey Deity

I've met a brick wall who thought otherwise.

19. madscientist

True, but RPCing and CIVing are recreational to me. Creating a YouTube like MIT did (Great job by the way) is more than I really want to do.

20. nbcman

nbcman King

For Land Lubber Hannibal, do you intend to only disallow coastal cities or will you only allow cities that do not have any coastal tiles in their BFC to ensure that no citizens can work on sea tiles? Also, how will Han discover the other continent-unless you intend to have the land bridge added when you meet the 1st AI caravel (or another AI unit from the other landmass).