Mad Scientist's RPC summary

I wanted to start a pregame thread for the next 2 RPCs which are as opposite as we can get. I plan to make them pretty challenging as alot of people are suggesting my RPCs are becoming too easy :rolleyes:

Pollution Bull!

Sitting Bull on a Big/Small Arid map! The true story of the native Americans!

1) We musy chop all forrests jungles within any city BFC. The sooner the better

2) We cannot build ANY health producing Buildings. Thus no graneries, harbors, grocers, aqueducts, supermarkets, hospitals, recylcing plants (Have I missed any??).

3) We cannot adopt environmentalism.

4) We cannot trade for any health resources although we may improve health resources within our own empire.

5) Any victory conditions are open to us.

NatureBoy Gilgamesh: The lover of nature. On a Big/Small tropical map!

1) We cannot chop any forrests or jungles except to improve a resource. Forrests cannot be improved upon except for Forrest preserves.

2) No pollution Buildings are allowed. Thus no forges, airports, factories, power plants, drydocks, industrial parks, labs etc...

3) We MUST adopt environmentalism once the option is available.

4) No Corps which exploit nature. Also we cannot trade any resources except for the late game shows/songs/movies.

5) Otherwise, we can pursue any victory condition. NOTE, we can defend ourselves and enter war as we want!

Any suggestions are welcome! I plan to post the start for Bull tomorrow!

these sound pretty interesting, wouldn't fancy actually living in one of SB's cities though!

you could try a game with no promotions for any of your units

I amy add this as a rule in another RPC. Good idea! Maybe no barracks or promotion generating civics/buildings. I am thinkinh this may go well with Hatshepsut.

I wanted to start a pregame thread for the next 2 RPCs which are as opposite as we can get. I plan to make them pretty challenging as alot of people are suggesting my RPCs are becoming too easy :rolleyes:

Pollution Bull!

Sitting Bull on a Big/Small Arid map! The true story of the native Americans!

1) We musy chop all forrests jungles within any city BFC. The sooner the better

2) We cannot build ANY health producing Buildings. Thus no graneries, harbors, grocers, aqueducts, supermarkets, hospitals, recylcing plants (Have I missed any??).

3) We cannot adopt environmentalism.

4) We cannot trade for any health resources although we may improve health resources within our own empire.

5) Any victory conditions are open to us.

That sounds good, I'm a bull fan and I'll try shadowing that. Growth may become a problem later in the game. going to be a LOT of :yuck: in the cities.
#2 Public Transportation

For another game, how about turning off all victories except time and you have to achieve all the victories except time before 2050?

On second thought, is this possible, meaning, for example, if you turn off Diplomatic, can you still build the UN?

I really like that idea of accomplishing all victory conditions in a game. I'm pretty certain that you can't build the UN with diplo victory turned off, but you could for example add up the votes you would get against the person who would be your opponent. Maybe do this after mass media and then cross that off if you have the 60? %. Of course you could also just check it off once someone has mass media and you would win a diplomation victory, but I think that kind of cheats the aspect of good diplomacy.

Other than that, all you would have to do is have 3 cities go cultural while you warmonger the rest of the world. You should cross the domination threshold with 1 or 2 AI's left, and then just wipe them out for conquest. Then you just need time to run out since everyone else will be vassaled/dead.

It may take some planning, but I think this would be great for your last RPC. Kublai even fits a little because I believe he was a more cultural warmonger. Plus, I like the idea of the last one showing a mastery of all things better than a replay.

Or the last one could be deity. Just for kicks. ;)

Kind of off-topic, but is there a link to the original warmongering Alex thread? Going through them all and I can't find it, and I'm curious how mad's only "Always war" game went exactly.

Kind of off-topic, but is there a link to the original warmongering Alex thread? Going through them all and I can't find it, and I'm curious how mad's only "Always war" game went exactly.
That you can't find them might be a good indicator ;)

I got a great challenge for you Mad.

No gov't, legal, labor, economic, and religion changes.
Play a game completely without using any of the civics, meaning you can only use Depotism, Barbarism, Tribalism, Decenteralism, and Paganism.

I wouldnt know who to pick, maybe GK?
I wanna see how you fare in the middle late game with default civics.
All victories are allowed.

i recall something similar already having been done with Hamurabi/ pacal can't remember which

I like the all victories idea sounds interesting, back in the days of civ3 i recall there being a game where they were challenged to achieve all victory conditions on the same turn! but thats a bit trickier in civ 4 but it would be an impresssive way to end the series!

Link to the first Alexander game (Be warned, it was real boring) http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=264529

A game with limited civics was the Pacal game where he was completely Barbarric in the old world until Europe discovered him. He grew up fast, founded Nukes and bombed Europe back into the stone age while he went to space !

Not sure exactly how I will approach the final Kubla game. Using all victory conditions sounds cool but likely will end in a mess. It was also hard enough to do multiple victory conditions in the Mansa game. I do like the idea of stepping up in difficulty, perhaps Kublai will launch my first ever Immortal game! Makes up for Grampa Ghengis playing his game at Prince difficulty.

Achieving all victories sounds like a really cool idea, but to achieve both Diplomatic and Domination victory, you'd have to conquer 17% of the world in the last turn! (You can't be voted for Diplomatic victory unless you have less then 50% of the world)

For another game, how about turning off all victories except time and you have to achieve all the victories except time before 2050?

On second thought, is this possible, meaning, for example, if you turn off Diplomatic, can you still build the UN?

He's done that one allready

Stagnation!: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=301582 Where we played as Mehmed of the ottomans with the only rule is we needed a time victory. A straightforeward dominating Time win!

Achieving all victories sounds like a really cool idea, but to achieve both Diplomatic and Domination victory, you'd have to conquer 17% of the world in the last turn! (You can't be voted for Diplomatic victory unless you have less then 50% of the world)

i thought vassals didn't count towards this for the purpose of diplomatic but contribute 50% to domination. in theory it is possible but balancing everything so all victories complete simultaneously on the last turn will be very (very, very, very) difficult. probably above the difficulty of wining on deity in terms of micromanagement (has anyone ever heard of it being done?)

If you are going to disallow any techs that grant + :health: , then no Genetics ( +3 :health: ) means that Pollution Bull cant get a Space Ship Victory. (Also no Future Techs)

(I know that you have only limited to positive health buildings but what of techs?)

If you are going to disallow any techs that grant + :health: , then no Genetics ( +3 :health: ) means that Pollution Bull cant get a Space Ship Victory. (Also no Future Techs)

(I know that you have only limited to positive health buildings but what of techs?)

An intersting point. Well, genetics comes late. If I am going for a space race win, I'll just wait until teh very end to research it.

Agreed. I think Sitting Bull can afford a little health if it means he can spread pollution to other planets. (Also, he can genetically engineer all kinds of creepy mutant animals and plants to further endanger the environment with Genetics)

so is it an actual rule that space is a must? as poor health won't make millitary/ diplo wins that much harder.
culture could be tricky but i think space should be your target for this one!

Here is a game I’d like see Mad play: Zara the Uncivilized.
Rules
1 No buildings of any type may be built; No wonders, no national wonders, no shrines, no nothin'!
2 All captured cities with buildings must be razed.
3 Can win by any victory condition.

I think Zara would be best for this as creative will allow border expansion, and organized would offer at least some relief from maintenance.

You’d probably have to get to alphabet pretty quick to build science (rather than just troops) and currency not too long after to optionally build wealth.

Top Bottom