• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

MadDjinn Kavithan Protectorate Let's Play

Not everyone has a particularly nice gaming rig, and I think MD has mentioned his computer is from around the time CiV was released. Chill and use that ~15s for yoga or something. :)

Not only should MD get a better computer, but he also should take a look at Writing Bull's videos and learn how to make decent 'Let's Play...'.

You have no clue how bad long turn times are for your brains, not to mention the waste of time.
You're waiting for the next turn as is your brain. Your brains aren't always thinking of something else during those lost seconds.

I think the harmony 1 bonus appears lackluster because there is no visible aggression meter to show the player that something positive is actually happening. The player is left to guess what the actual aggression level is and how many aliens/nests he/she can destroy before the next level is hit.
That's a very good point. Players like to see what they're doing, and how their choice are affecting the game. A while back the designers at Riot Games (who make League of Legends) wrote about how certain characters were bad design, even though they were mechanically balanced, because their power was "invisible". I think the same idea applies here. Even if the Harmony 1 ability is mechanically amazing, it's going to feel weak because you can never tell what it's doing.

That's a very good point. Players like to see what they're doing, and how their choice are affecting the game. A while back the designers at Riot Games (who make League of Legends) wrote about how certain characters were bad design, even though they were mechanically balanced, because their power was "invisible". I think the same idea applies here. Even if the Harmony 1 ability is mechanically amazing, it's going to feel weak because you can never tell what it's doing.

Which is why (in addition to the color coded alien icons) you should be able to see an exact Number for alien aggression toward you.

Maddjinn is streaming again. He just jumped from +10 to +47 health instantly thanks to the Eudamonia prosperity virtue (-25% unhealth) and the second prosperity synergy virtue (+1 health per city)! Nice!

Finished //REDACTED// quest, which requires your covert agent to conduct mission level 4 or higher.

Reward: A covert agent and Culper Lodge building in capital.

Culper Lodge: all covert agent have special agent level now.

Also Maddjinn explained that Domination is back to how it was in Civ5 Vanilla. You only need to be the last capital standing to win Domination.

Also Maddjinn explained that Domination is back to how it was in Civ5 Vanilla. You only need to be the last capital standing to win Domination.

That's sort of annoying... it makes domination a snipe fest (unlike the others)

They have to fix range vs range combat. One shoting unit of the same type is stupid.
Ranged unit uses ranged strength against ranged attacks. The exception is naval combat. If both unit is naval, defender uses melee strength instead. It's leftover from civ 5. And yes, this naval combat oneshotting each other is silly.

Yeah, I'd much prefer it to be something like having 75% of the world's population or something.

I think they wanted naval unit to be weak against levitating T4 combat rover class units.

Since there was naval combat defense penalty in vanilla civ 5, they can use in other way give grant bonus. It would be a simple XML fix.

Maddjinn is streaming again. He just jumped from +10 to +47 health instantly thanks to the Eudamonia prosperity virtue (-25% unhealth) and the second prosperity synergy virtue (+1 health per city)! Nice!

What were the bonuses for having high health?

Game seems to be very buggy and there seems to be lot of balance issues. I must say Im quite disappointed.

Top Bottom