• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Mafia Game: The Lord of the Rings (Game Thread)

From you, of course.

You want some points for discussion, Earthling? Try these on for size...

1) Your behaviour in the thread has been marked with relentless misdirection, pointless provocation, and nonsensical ramblings which one might think are intended to make you appear foolish, and thus allow you to get away with saying whatever you want.

2) Your claims to have been a 3-shot protector, which went conveniently untested by the badguys, strikes me as rather too powerful for the very minor character role you claim to have (that's Haldir, for those of you who don't know). The nature of the claimed ability also doesn't seem to fit with the role. Interestingly, civplayah made the same mistake, claiming to have abilities beyond those that might be expected of his cover role.

3) You have attempted to undermine first ATPG, then me with your relentless whining. I can only assume this was intended to sap our will to go on, and make other people less willing to trust our judgement.

4) You attempted to save Stuck in Pi - a confirmed villain - from being lynched. You also tried to get Double A lynched when I was implying that he could help the innocents get the ring back.

5) You were the one who revealed that civplayah was the Witchking, but only after his lynch was already assured. Also, your whole public conversation with civplayah struck me as rather suspicious.

6) You continually advanced the fairly ridiculous idea that Sauron was not even a player in the game.

7) At the time when sprig was first coming under pressure, you made a point of saying that you had 'virtually no contact' with him. You also pussyfooted around the question of his guilt, whilst saying that it was a worthy point for discussion. That's a classic mafia tell - say as little as possible in as many words as possible, especially when your buddy looks like he might be in trouble.

8) You insisted on claiming you did not believe sprig to be Sauron after he had revealed, making numerous posts suggesting it was nothing more than a joke.

I'm sure I could come up with a stack of others, but I can't really be bothered at this stage. The only thing I have left to say is this: if you're not a villain, you've done more than most of the actual villains to undermine the innocent cause.

3) You have attempted to undermine first ATPG, then me with your relentless whining. I can only assume this was intended to sap our will to go on, and make other people less willing to trust our judgement.

4) You attempted to save Stuck in Pi - a confirmed villain - from being lynched. You also tried to get Double A lynched when I was implying that he could help the innocents get the ring back.

I worked with ATPG with complete trust and even supported him when you and others thought he couldn't be trusted. You haven't been better at all on coordination info or any orders as far as I can tell, and ATPG was genuinely trying to help.

No, I did not. I relentlessly pushed for him to be lynched when the only info I had was in thread behavior and my own logic, despite several others ridiculing me and trying to save him. That's also a stinkin orc lie about Double A. ARE YOU SURE YOU HAVEN'T BEEN CORRUPTED OR MIND CONTROLLED? WINSTON HUGHES

About sprig in general - I found out he was an elf about the night before we all found out he was Sauron. That was thanks to ATPG and the other elves, who forwarded me the info about sprig, invited him to the quicktopic - where he was posing as "Glorfindel" and no one made it clear whether he really was or wasn't Glorfindel. As I said, Sauron basically had the same cover role as me so if people had shared that I might have helped catch him even earlier. When I had 5 other elves who seemed to think he was Glorfindel or at least and elf and others thought he was joking in public - that's excusable, I think. I haven't cooperated with him since - note people who were against me like Diamondeye *admitted to working with Sauron* Did you guys all miss that Diamondeye did this - I at least commend you for telling Shelob to kill him.

Oh, and considering you asked *several* times, even that weird "I forgot my notes and no this isn't mind control from the Mafia" I think you'd know what I was claiming as my role. MY Protection ability would get me KILLED. And only three uses when we're likely be here 15+ days...yeah...I'm so glad I didn't have a more powerful role...

Kill me though if you want. It'd be funny if I die for not being an elf when I am an elf...

And sprig will suffer a death worry only of an NPC, or the Innocents will suffer a loss worthy of only losing to an NPC. I've already made that clear to Camikaze too :)

unvote bad player
vote Earthling.
You accused Bilbo Baggins in the very first night. In fact, you ONLY sent PMs in those first nights to players who were all revealed to be innocents. How would you know that all were innocent unless you knew who were Mafia?

This will probably be my last post on this day if you guys continue to vote for me. So I won't be sharing new info- I don't think I have any anyway- and I won't be allowed to when dead. But maybe I can chill out and drink some tea with the dead Double A or something and laugh. I don't know. If this ridiculousness stops here I'll show back up later and vote for whomever the Innocents decide collectively, and I'll just be quiet and continue to do so the rest of the days, that's fair enough I think.

Also, Civgeneral is not proven innocent at all. I switched my vote to him the very first day when he refused to respond to PMs. And then there's first day jokes not mattering - no one apparently believed me joking about dwarves and being an elf? Did I somehow know who Shelob was? And otherwise I contacted people randomly; don't even remember whom, I'll have to check to see if you're right - I thought one was like the player before [IMP]Warman even joined, not exactly anything but random contact right at the start.

OOC: I look forward to choxorn and zack's game whenever that will be, and it's been fun Camikaze.

Edit: Missed the Civ 5 announcement, have to go read in detail now, but I've been following SC for ages though so I knew that great news. Glad to know you're fan too!

Civ 5 Was Announced. There's way more people online than usual.
I find the news that the StarCraft II Beta came out much more interesting than Civ 5. FOR THE SWARRRM!!!
(we need a hydralisk emote too, something like this:

but smaller: )
Or, like this:

His ability seems like the perfect cover role ability for a mafia to be honest. Limited Defender who dies when using ability?

I also now realize how quickly you came to befriend me after it became publicly known I was starting an Innocent group.

TLO, I'm sorry you see things that way, I have to commend you on your playing and was thankful you were a friend at least - I know you're just doing what you're told/confused here by clearly randomly bad accusations. Seriously. It's completely obvious I did not do any of what Winston said - betray ATPG, try to save Pippin, or try to kill Gollum inappropriately.

The only thing I have left to say is this: if you're not a villain, you've done more than most of the actual villains to undermine the innocent cause.

That award would clearly go to you and Methos. And whomever else were on the same level behind the scenes. If you wanted to scan me you should have just scanned me - though it was funny Methos and the ents DID scan me and apparently decided not to go with that, way before there was any reason to believe scans weren't true, and instead went to random people to betray my info and try to get me voted off. Let me quote my good friend Gollum then:

Gee, thanks Winston, that sure was fun. I hope Sprig throws you into Mount Doom after he takes the Ring from you.

AHahahaha!!!! Accusing Methos and Winston, sure!! Come on, Earthling, no one's buying your crap any longer. You've been parading your 'elfness' ever since the game started. It's too overdone, really.

Has anyone actually investigated Winston? He might be Gothmog for all you know. That's like, the perfect cover role.

You're just angry because you're dead, RINGLESS. My precioussss...

Has anyone actually investigated Winston? He might be Gothmog for all you know. That's like, the perfect cover role.

Which would explain why he wanted to get rid of ATPG so badly, as well as attack Choxorn on the only day he wasn't protected.

But i'm not helping paranoia now am I? :p

Wow, my last three poasts on this thread were each followed by a poast byt TLO36. Are you stalking me?
I'll set my hydralisk on you...

Obligatory...

Spoiler :

Seon beat me to it: haaax!! :lmao:

And you're just angry because you don't have a Sliver Deck.
Have you been going through my stuff? i'd better check... Oh, wait, my safe's been broken into... what's this piece of paper? "Double A was here"??? It seems that I have two stalkers now... :twitch: what the- *freaks out* :run::run::run:

Still holding onto the grudge branch arent ya Earthling?

Seon beat me to it: haaax!! :lmao:

Have you been going through my stuff? i'd better check... Oh, wait, my safe's been broken into... what's this piece of paper? "Double A was here"??? It seems that I have two stalkers now... :twitch: what the- *freaks out* :run::run::run:

Or one. :mwaha:

Top Bottom