1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

MagisterModmod

Discussion in 'FfH2 Modmods, Scenarios, and Maps' started by MagisterCultuum, Feb 27, 2012.

1. civerfey

civerfey Chieftain

Consistent crashes in multiple new games since the latest patch on 2/1/2018. Usually early mid game btwn bronze working and iron working. With previous patches i'd only have the rare crash. Crash msg is vague 'windows found an error...'. I thought i screen captured it but apparently not. I can get it if it would be helpful or attach a save.

Imp. Knoedel likes this.
  2. Cromulus

Cromulus Chieftain

Same issue here, I've attached a save, consistent crash on turn 156 of this game. Second game as explained.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
  3. Erik Mesoy

Erik Mesoy Core Tester / Intern

Great Sage MagisterCultuum spawned with Govannon's Ethics. I didn't even have Strength of Will yet (which unlocks regular Govannon). Proceeded to start spreading the magical promotions around quite early. Not sure if intentional, but definitely amusing. :goodjob:

4. plasmacannon

plasmacannon Emperor

Looking at the posts above mine, I see that you have your hands full.
    First, I just thought I'd mention Great modmod. :)
    Second, well, I'm consistently getting OOS issues between turn 150-250 using Direct IP to another computer sitting right next to mine regardless of which empire I choose or the 2nd player chooses. I was wondering if that issue was solved yet.

5. Septentrion

Septentrion Warlord

I remember that happening, but I think the ethics are not as effective at lower levels. I've had trouble spreading it to adapts, and a bunch of warriors with the promotions and channeling one weren't useful.

6. Cromulus

Cromulus Chieftain

Is there a way I can rollback to a previous version? I can't seem to get past the first 3rd of a game now without a game breaking crash.

plasmacannon and Imp. Knoedel like this.
  7. Imp. Knoedel

Imp. Knoedel Simperator Knoedel

It helps if you are lazy like me and just don't delete old stuff you think you no longer need from your Downloads folder. :lol:

8. Cromulus

Cromulus Chieftain

Do you maybe have the previous version you can upload to a file sharing site or something if thats kosher?

9. Imp. Knoedel

Hm, I'm trying to upload it here even, but the site is stupid and won't let me.

10. Cromulus

Cromulus Chieftain

Well, if you figure it out, you will be a God amongst mere mortal men!

11. Imp. Knoedel

Okay so I tried uploading it to my Google Drive but it supposedly takes two hours.

Apparently my Internet is just really really slow, at least when uploading stuff.

12. BartekKj

BartekKj Chieftain

I confirm problem with Wild Hunt that was reported by OKSleeper, Nov 1, 2017. Its happend all the time. The reason is "continue" placed before getting next unit, that causes ininity loop. If we reach first animal (wolf which is already added) we never go to next unit. I just add "(pUnit, iter) = pPlayer.nextUnit(iter, False)" before each "continue" in this loop. It was solved this problem.

Imp. Knoedel likes this.
  13. ffh_ftw

ffh_ftw Chieftain

I'm also having repeatable crashes with the Jan update (I manually fixed the Infernal Pact issue so haven't dowloaded the Feb update yet). Mine seem to occur very consistently on the turn before Heron Throne is built, so this might be wonder-specific. I've been playing as Illians and haven't tested it with other civs.

Also--first time on the forum. FFH2 and MagisterModmod are both incredible. Congratulations on such a great game and amazing lore, and thanks a ton for the fantastic gaming experience!

Akbarthegreat and Imp. Knoedel like this.
  14. civerfey

civerfey Chieftain

You can test this by going into world builder and deleting the city that is building it a few turns before it's done and see if that allows the game to continue.

15. cooldude1128

cooldude1128 Prince

I don't suppose there's any possible way to use The Legion of D'Tesh or the Scions of Patria with your modmod? Fallow civilizations interest me a lot, but Fall Further isn't nearly as good as this mod, and Rise from Erebus is just a giant mess of mechanics and the Civilopedia seems perpetually broken no matter how I try to install it.

16. Cromulus

Cromulus Chieftain

I reinstalled and started a fresh game, still consistent crashing 1/3 through the game. I guess i should ask, has anyone been able to complete a game since this release without a crash or am I boned until next release?

Imp. Knoedel likes this.
  17. Calavente

Calavente Richard's voice

not really a bug, but maybe an inconsistency :
    when Clan gets some adventurers... they cannot be upgraded to Bhall orcs, which is a shame... and neither to OGRES... which they should be able to do no ?

further Bhall orcs are opened by mysticism.... but need the eternal flame; needing elementalisme (and elementalism needs KoE which needs Mysticism)... there is no reason to have Bhall Orcs at Mysticism ; it is only an error.
    Bhall orcs are not "non-arcane firemages obtained early"... they are "weaker mages that cannot learn new spells and are built only in 1 city" : by the time you get elementalism AND eternal flame you could have had mages.

conclusions : Adventurers should be able to upgrade directly to champions (and ogres if clan) and to bhall orcs. Bhall orcs should need a lesser eternal flame (or Clan's eternal flame should be obtained earlier, or in another path)
    as a side note: orc warriors and axemen can "skip" OGRE and upgrade to stonskin ogres for example...(which they shouldn't be able to do) but Adventurer cannot ! (it seems it's because Adventurers are always upgraded without the orcish promotion): that should be a problem IMO

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
  18. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

The Eternal Flame cannot be constructed until Elementalism, but you can get it sooner through a Clan-only option on the non-uncommon meteor event. I once got lucky enough to get the event on the second turn of a game. The event can also recur. It let me have Eternal Flames in three different cities once.

Bhall Orcs also get a free promotion pick from each source of Fire mana and have Fire affinity, so they are still valuable.

Th upgrade path issues are related to <bDisableUpgradeTo>1</bDisableUpgradeTo> tag that Ogres have, which Kael put there to prevent Orcs from changing races to Ogres. No unit can upgrade to any unit with that tag, no matter what upgrade paths I set.

Tholal's code limiting upgrades that change racial promotions could also be an issue.

I never really liked it when Kael changed Ogres and Stoneskin Ogres to work as they do now. I have considered going back to his earlier implementation where Ogres replace the mounted line and the Clan has normal Champions o

19. Imp. Knoedel

Isn't that an oversight? It's a world wonder, no? Shouldn't that option be disabled once the Eternal Flame exists?

Also what of the consistent crashes in the latest version?

20. Calavente

Calavente Richard's voice

thanks for the info.
    I still think that Adventurers should be able to upgrade to bhall orcs ... pretty please ?

(and to Ogres, but that seems apparently hard to do: that orcs cannnot upgrade to ogres is ok, but adventurers should)
    so from what you say, I should really go AV, then spam fire nodes (I already have 6) then build bhall orcs and then upgrade to AV priest... nice.