1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

MagisterModmod

Discussion in 'FfH2 Modmods, Scenarios, and Maps' started by MagisterCultuum, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Nothrazim

Nothrazim Chieftain

I forgot their name, but there is a precurser to the Priest of Winter now - of the same level as Zealots, Acolytes, etc. for other religions. You can level those guys up into Priests of Winter.

Edit: Frost Speakers, Speakers of Frost, or something similar to that.

2. plasmacannon

plasmacannon Chieftain

What tech does it require? I don't see it in the Civilopedia or under Priesthood.
    I have a game running and I'm on turn 480, so I have almost every technology.and built most buildings.
    I even checked the Frostling. It's a Recon unit and doesn't upgrade to anything.
    There is a tier 3 "Speaker" unit, but that's promoted from Octopus Overlords Tier 2 unit.

I downloaded this mod this year. It should be the latest version. I'd be happy to check, if I knew where to find the version number in game. The icon says Fall Further 051.

EDIT: I just read the latest update.
    It says things like "Illian snow tiles have yields equivalent to Plains rather than grasslands.", "It introduces Whisperers, a new Council of Esus High Priest. " and mentions a "Summon Imp" spell.
    I know these are not in my game, so I'll download it and see if it appears.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
  3. Cutlass

Cutlass The Man Who Wasn't There.

Civopedia says frost speaker to priest of winter to high priest of winter with theology.

4. plasmacannon

plasmacannon Chieftain

I downloaded and installed it.
    Turns out I had a different mod or version installed.
    Several empires are now missing, Jontar, the Spider one, two lizard empires, Deidra, Kahd, Dural, and others.
    Workers no longer have promotions either. So I am mixed on this change. ;(
    If this is more stable, I guess it will be better, but some of those new empires and changes were kind of cool.
    Hopefully there are plans to combine the be best of both. maybe leave out the lizard folk and Scions of Patria.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
  5. Calavente

Calavente Richard's voice

I think you might be mixing up with another modmod... magisters' modmod never had the spiders and lizards...
    those are in the RifE (or AoE) modmods...

Imp. Knoedel likes this.
  6. plasmacannon

plasmacannon Chieftain

7. Calavente

Hello, mini mini bug

I had barnaxus use "wonder".. and he triggered sacrifice... and died .. snif :(.
    however, when the horde of 7 Fire elementals brought back the remains of barny, impossible to build him back.
    no spell, no re-build barny in the build order of the city, nothing.
    I even teleported the fire elemental to the capital city... moved the barny pieces onto a living unit, waited a turn;..still nothing

for information, Barny got "blood of the phoenix" somewhere...
    and I already re-built him once ....
    may any of those have an influence ?

I might have initiated the building of the "shrine of champion" before getting barnies pieces in a city and checking the build possibilities (but removing shrine of champion in WB didn't do anything)

regards

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
  8. plasmacannon

plasmacannon Chieftain

I have been playing some multiplayer games and I noticed in some of my games that 1-3 empires were dying off when no one was at war. Raging Barbarians wasn't even turned on.
    So we turned up the game to Emperor level, hoping that the AI would have better defenses.
    My friend noticed that Lurchip had moved his only warrior out of his Capitol.
    So he declared war and took Lurchip's Capitol and only city with his starting scout around turn 7.
    This is hardly the challenge we wanted.
    Can something be changed so that the AI's never leave their Capitol or any of their cities, unguarded?

Oh, in the same game, we had it set to "Balanced Resources". He had no Copper or Iron. I guess it was handy that he could take out Lurchip so soon, but not the "balanced" that we were hoping for.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
  9. Calavente

ok, issue solved (I don't know how).
    however, giving the pieces of barny to a newly built unit allowed it to cast the "barny resurrection spell".. so I've got back my barny.
    and I have now a Barny with 350+xp, vampire promotion (+25%str, allowed to feast ???? yeah), phoenix blood that didn't do anything, and a few other perks :D (wonder spell did wonders to my barny)

micromanagement tip for mages and upgrading new mana node
    resident mage with mobility & body I (and creation I, creation II, mind I, spirit II, earth I) : 5 turns to boost the city, then 1 turn to get to the node, "build node", cast haste, back to city (the boosting spells are maintained) : rince & repeat : your mage can upgrade the node without losing the bonus to the city enabled by the boosting spells. (alternatively : get your adept to upgrade the node twice as fast : work on node, cast hast, re-work on node)

same (keep your city boost) with uprading desert/ice : have workers build roads, get on roaded ice, burn the ice into tundra, get back to city.

same with working faster : mage+ workers : get workers to work, cast haste, get the worker to work again (they get to work 2 times in the same turn)

10. Ivor250

Ivor250 Chieftain

I'm sorry for writing here, cause my english is very bad. I have the question is whether the MagisterModmod is still supported and can and can you help me with debugging? I'm a fan of this mod, but often there is a problem with crashes. Are you still considering logs?

11. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

It is still sort of under development, but unfortunately my attempts at debugging have not gone well. I too have been getting random crashes, with no python errors or anything else in the logs that has guided me towards a cause. I believe the problem is in the DLL, which I borrow from MNAI as Tholal is much better at coding in C++ than I am. Whatever the issue is seems to have been introduced in the penultimate release of MNAI and not fixed in the latest version. I have been waiting for a more stable More Naval AI to be come out so I can merge it with MagisterModmod and provide a stable version of this mod, but have not heard anything from Tholal in a long time. (I think his twin toddlers and full time job have been keeping the man too busy for Civ IV.)

Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
    Nothrazim and Imp. Knoedel like this.
  12. Ivor250

Ivor250 Chieftain

Anyway, the mod is cool. Much more faithful lore than the standard FFN seems to me. I'm looking forward to updates and fix of bugs. You did a really great job

Imp. Knoedel likes this.
  13. Nothrazim

Nothrazim Chieftain

Thank you for the update, MC! While the mod seems just about as done as any could hope for, the stability is literally the only thing holding me off from burning several hundred additional hours on the amazing modmod you've made!

Ivor250 likes this.
  14. Mouthwash

Mouthwash Escaped Lunatic

How do I remove the : (set) from settlement names? This is bugging me.

EDIT: Also, anyone know a way to increase the city name character cap?

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018 at 5:01 AM
  15. plasmacannon

plasmacannon Chieftain

Game Crashes when hitting enter on turn 433. Not sure why.
    It's a standard size map, so not a huge drain on memory.
    I upgraded my RAM to 64gb 9 months ago, so I know it can't be for a lack of RAM.
    Is it possible to finish a game on any settings?

Attached Files: