[MOD] MagisterModmod

I have been getting a few games where the starting locations are way too close. In my current game 2 Capitols were just 3 tiles apart. As if their culture borders weren't enough to start them fighting, they were good and evil. So, it was inevitable that one would annihilate the other.
1) Also, what is the Hawk's range? It's not listed in the civilopedia.
I can relocate it to some cities, but not others. I sent my hunter out, but now he's too far from the hawk to receive it.
I'll circle him back eventually, so I guess, I'll find out then, unless someone chimes in first.
I see they can be traded. Which would permit their use in Carnivals as listed.
2) Can Hawks be captured in the wild? (I've never seen any before) Which units shoot down their opponent's Hawks? I was thinking maybe the Marksman, but there is nothing in the Civilopedia on this either.

Last edited:
This was so bizarre that I had to post it.
I'm playing the Illians. I complete the The White Hand.
I'm thinking, Great, Time to crush some foes.
However, when Auric and his entourage appear, they are surrounded by mountains with only a 1 tile exit.
It contains the Ring or Carcer and only a level 14 unit can cross that tile.
There is a barbarian city 2 tiles away, so I can't even use the settler to build a city on an open tile.
I decide to wait, because I know Auric and others level up and I am Charismatic leader.
Auric eventually reaches level 12 (104/109xp) and stops.
So, he will never reach the level 14 required to leave.
Meanwhile, I'm still paying maintenance on his stack.
I suppose I could wait until I eventually build another hero and it gets to level 12, then attack with it until it reached level 14 to use the Ring of Carcer to allow the other units to get out, but that will take a while.
I don't know if there is a way to stop this from happening in the future.
I know it's random where things appear, but that Ring or Carcer's location ruined this particular game.
There's no chance for early conquering when it's used as a barrier to block units in.
Spoiler Ring of Carcer blocks choke point :

Auric Boxed in.jpg

Last edited:
It just sucked, because I can't even fight with any of the units in that stack to gain the xp to get out.
I don't know if this happens on other maps, but this happened on the ErebusContinent map.
Lowering the Ring of Carcer to needing level 12 would instantly solve the problem.

Wow, that is exceptionally unlucky. The only way i can think of to get him out is to race to get an Dimensional III archmage and teleport him out - but at that point it's probably easier to swarm and destroy the barbarian city with Warriors instead..

Long before you get a Dimensional III Archmage, you could promote Auric himself to Dimensional I to use Escape. Of course, you may need Dimensional 3 to rescue the rest of those isolated units.

This is another case where I think your best option is to use worldbuilder to cheat.

A Hawk has <iAirRange>3</iAirRange>, which I do not believe I have altered from vanilla FfH2.

Yea, can only use Auric's Maelstrom to damage the units in the Barbarian city up to 50%. Can't use any other units.
Even summoned Ice elementals couldn't enter the Ring of Carcer's tile.
The barb city could be attacked from a stack outside.
Such as build Wilboman. He'll gain xp automatically to level 12. Then fight an AI until he gains level 14 to enter the Ring of Carcer.
Since I've never actually gotten a unit to level 14 before, so I've never entered the Ring of Carcer.
Once we enter it, any other units can do so afterwards too, right?
All of this takes a long amount of time. ;(
I suppose I could trade to get the flying ship from Kuriotates and fly them out also, if they were in the game?

Once one unit enters the Ring, the Ring disappears, and the angel Bridget appears. So you can cross that tile with any unit after.

In vanilla FfH2 the ring automatically disappears when you enter the Ring of Carcer, and Brigit is unleashed no matter what. In this modmod, freeing Brigit requires a spell that is only available if you know Fanaticism and are not Evil. The spell also changes your alignment to Good. (A very similar spell is availible to free Odio, requiring you not be Good, know Rage, and become Evil.)

Auric Ulvin has an alternate way to clear either the Ring of Carcer or Odio's Prison. His "Sacrifice Archangel" ability rushes the completion of The Draw ritual instead.

In vanilla FfH2 the ring automatically disappears when you enter the Ring of Carcer, and Brigit is unleashed no matter what. In this modmod, freeing Brigit requires a spell that is only available if you know Fanaticism and are not Evil. The spell also changes your alignment to Good. (A very similar spell is availible to free Odio, requiring you not be Good, know Rage, and become Evil.)

Auric Ulvin has an alternate way to clear either the Ring of Carcer or Odio's Prison. His "Sacrifice Archangel" ability rushes the completion of The Draw ritual instead.
Wow! Cool! I didn't know any of that.

That would mean it is actually possible for Auric to be Good in a game, since he starts out as neutral. Though as soon as he completes the Hand, he would probably turn Evil or shift one degree towards it.

Last edited:
3) Hey, where can I find info on the new Diplomacy options that are not in most other mods or the Civilopedia?
I accepted a POW exchange, like I had in the past, not really knowing what it did, but to improve relations, which it usually did, and I noticed that I lost a worker that I recently captured.
The worker was still in neutral territory. I'm not sure if that matters.
Would workers that I brought back to my territory also be returned?
Does this effect any other units?
Would it effect workers, if I declined the POW exchange, went to war with them later and I accepted a POW exchange after that war was ended or just those captured from the most current war?
EDIT - Note to modders: If possible, it would help if in the Diplomacy screen while the POW exchange is being proposed, if it showed how many workers would be exchanged.

Last edited:
Updated the modmod after a long time today. I started 3 games but faced a problem in all of them: in the first 100 turns, 2-3 AI got killed by barbarians in each game. I was playing on monarch fwiw. I think it might be because there you've added more graveyards in a recent update (which quite often give multiple sceptres when explored). Any way to add extra defenders to the AI/ have them keep their initial warriors for defence rather than exploration?

Addendum: Is it possible to force the AI to settle in place? Or atleast decrease the likelihood of them moving?

Last edited:
This is another case where I think your best option is to use worldbuilder to cheat.

A Hawk has <iAirRange>3</iAirRange>, which I do not believe I have altered from vanilla FfH2.
Yea. I was hoping to not have to cheat.

Oh, yea, the range is still 3 for recon, it's relocating that seems to have been reduced from the last time I remember using it.
I could once relocate the hawk to anywhere on the map, like airlifting a unit with an airport.
However, now, the relocating range is more like the next closest city.
I did try other FFH2 mods too, so It could have been in one of those.
Can anyone currently relocate a hawk 2 or 3 cities away from where it is?

Has anyone else encountered a strange situation where the AI sends literally all its units to attack you, leaving no defence in its cities at all? In my current game Sheelba did this, because of which I was able to defeat her very easily. She even sent her last defending warriors into my borders.

I hope the Civilopedia and victory settings sections are on the list of things to update.
I keep searching for information and can't find answers.
4) Such as the World Spell Raging Seas for Lanun. It damages all non-Lanun units near the shore.
That sounds like a declaration of war to me. Will I be at war with several empires after using it?
5) The Overcouncil and Undercouncil both need more depth. Some of those things that pass I have no idea what it will do, so not sure if I should vote for them or not.

Last edited:
The world spells don't cause war.
Ok. So it's like that World Break spell that damages me in some games.
It would be helpful to see it written in the Civilopedia for the next person or me if I redownload this mod years from now to a new computer and forget much.
Thanks.
I don't play Lanun often, due to their overreliance on water and slightly weaker Boarding Parties (no +25% vs. melee). So it gets easy to forget them.
6) Create Portal spell is another one more information.
Is it permanent?
Can anyone including our foes use the portal once it's been created?
The Civilopedia definitely needs some work.
7) Jungle Alter is blank. What is that?
8) I had a cow turn into a nightmare in one game. The empire that I was playing didn't need it specifically.
Is there anyway to prevent that or convert it back?
I believe it has something to do with the Armagedden counter my AI opponents drove up. Other than Santify or random events, I'm not sure how to lower it intentionally.
If we could, for example, use Dispel Magic on Death and Entropy nodes to reduce the A. counter, that would great.
9) Under "Effects", Caswallawn looks like a Unique Unit. I don't know for who, because it's not listed. What spells he has is empty. Maybe he doesn't cast any? If so, better to see "None" under spells.
10) Also, Scavenger doesn't say what units it's available to. It is on only one unit, or several. Is it a bestowed on units when a certain building is constructed? Nothing about this in the Civilopedia.
11) Under "Mana", Spirit Mana, Spirit 1 allows Courage, Spirit 2 allows Hope. When I click on Hope, it lists the Courage promotion.
12) Under "Spells", Diligence has a hypertext link. When I click on it, it does nothing or reloads itself. Not sure. Either way, we are unable to find out what it does. It's something to do with Earth mana.
13) Djinn unit lists the old information about it benefitting from lots of different mana, rather from Metamagic mana only.

Last edited:
Portals are permanent. In theory anyone can use them. In practice, no AI ever does. So IMO they should be removed from the game, as they are an exploit for the player at the expense of the AI.

I don't think the Jungle Alter does anything other than look pretty.

When the Armageddon counter gets high, or some other events, then some terrain becomes hell terrain. And the visuals are different, even though for the most part the effects are the same. You can clean them up with the Sanctify spell.

Not sure about your other questions off the top of my head.

Thanks for a reply. :)
So if my cow turns into a nightmare, it's just to look pretty and I won't lost the cow or gain the nightmare resource? I know someone (I forget who at the moment) uses it as if it's their horse resource. I would prefer not to lose a health resource or the food/prod of a cow for what is essentially a duplicate horse resource.
Some of those I added were just entries in the Civilopedia that need to be fixed. I figured I might as well add them to my post in case anyone is still updating this awesome mod and might come across my post.
Today I got the random event that revolts one of my cities. I built the Heron's Throne on this first and only port city of mine. I was building a lighthouse so I can construct the Great Lighthouse when this happened. I could look at the city and the lighthouse was no longer being produced, but a warrior was. ;(
I like having random events on for the variety, but that one was pretty bad. Only Caliban would have benefitted from it and I wasn't them. ;(

Last edited:
Top Bottom