1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Main Download Information

Discussion in 'Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn' started by 45°38'N-13°47'E, Dec 3, 2009.

1. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

I noticed in the last update you had TWO civics screens listed one in the main python and the other in the Screens folder?

2. TechXLtd

TechXLtd Prime Directorate

Out of curiosity, what megapack did you install? I'm using 2 of them and my games are just fine. I may have a 335 second (5.58 minutes) load time but it's worth it. I did manage to shave a minute off by "turning off" certain civs in the WoC but I tend to walk off after starting Civ anyway.

3. Blackflag421

Blackflag421 Warlord

A New Dawn: so fast you won't believe it's RoM!

4. Afforess

Afforess The White Wizard

Thanks.

Thanks to Dexy, I have an official patch on the OP. The Main download pack has been updated on the OP, so newcoming users do not need the patch.

As usual, Patches are save game compatible.

5. mussbu

mussbu Chieftain

No - it's damn fast!! I use to have time between turns to pet the cat, grab a beer, hit the john. (Not neccessarily in that order).:D

6. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

How about next to the name of the modcomp put whether its SDK or Python or just plain XML related, would make it easier for those that only want certain items/modcomps that YOU'LL are making. Just a thought.

7. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Would it be possible for non-installer version of the patches for us modmoders who are building content and don't want to move everything out and back in again. I lost some work doing this with your betas :)

8. Afforess

The patch just copies the CvGameCoreDLL into the right spot, it doesn't do anything fancy. Why, what happened?

9. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Nothing, I was too busy testing to install it and not expecting it to be save game compatible.

10. Afforess

I urge people to actually read the OP. ;)

11. 00konichiwa00

00konichiwa00 Prince

I installed this patch or modmod (or whatever it is called), but this error message comes up. is there anything I have to do, like removing files or something.
    I remember I read something, but can't find that information anymore.

12. Afforess

The installer should do everything for you. What did the error message say?

13. civhelp121

civhelp121 Prince

hi, I have one question about instaling it, if we can't install 1.52 without 1.5, but 1.5 isn't here, where can I download 1.5 now that the other forum is now longer used? (thanks for being patient, I know I have a lot of questions)

14. Afforess

No, you can't install the 1.52 patch without 1.50. I updated the main pack to 1.52, so that new users, like yourself, do not need the patch, it comes pre-patched.

15. dudeSDCA

dudeSDCA Prince

/agree -- I'm amazed at speed.

And thanks for the 1.52 patch! I was getting a CTD when changing to republic (fixed borders) and it worked like a charm!

16. Civ Fuehrer

Civ Fuehrer Eat, Sleep, Mod

Affo, you might want to keep v 1.51 patch up for those who have 1.50 and can't upgrade to 1.52 but don't want to download the entire folder again.

17. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

I.... Just.... Can't.... Keep.... Up...... with the changes! lol

@afforess,

Could you tell me how I can have both RoM2.81 and RoM2.81 AND1.52 BOTH in the BtS Mods folder?
    It's getting tiresome cutting and pasting the 2 in and out of the BtS Mod folder when I want to play either The Mod or The ModMod. I'd like to have both reside in BtS Mod folder and not conflict.

JosEPh :)

18. Afforess

You can patch straight from 1.50 to 1.52.

Have two folders in the mod's folders, one called "Rise of Mankind", that's the one your playing. The other one called something like "Rise of Mankind - AND". When you want to switch, rename the second one back to "Rise of Mankind" and the first one to "Rise of Mankind 2.81"

That's how I do it.

19. civ_king

civ_king Deus Caritas Est

:confused: there is a wait time between turns, when I blink I'm on the next turn

20. Blackflag421

Blackflag421 Warlord

When you hit 1000ad or so you'll start noticing it, which is still much, much faster than normal RoM... where I usually read manga between turns cuz it takes so long by that time.