Malware alert

I received an auto-redirect to a bogus "Install Adobe Flash Player" site when loading the home page on a computer I don't usually use this past weekend. That was Safari on OS X 10.13, without an ad blocker installed. I took a screenshot, but didn't have my login details at the time. I think the screenshot did contain the URL; I'll try to remember to upload it when I'm back home in a week or two.

I get redirected every so often when I log-in on mobile. THIS is the url. Attached is a screenshot.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190521-162249.png
    Screenshot_20190521-162249.png
    139.7 KB · Views: 149
Just got an alert from Malware Bytes while cruising OT.

Thread: "Far-Right Ideology in the 21st Century"

"Trojan"
Domain:
IP Address:
Date: 5/31/19
Time: 22:24 ADT (10:24 PM)

The website was automatically blocked for me.

EDIT

Found the source. There was a picture embedded in a post from the trojan website mentioned above. I have since deleted the image. The warning does not pop up anymore when entering the thread. I have asked the user in question not to post anything more from that site.

Edited by Petek May 31, 2019 to remove link to malicious site.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the nice detective work. I've deleted the link in your post since Virus Total detects it as a malicious site. We wouldn't want any of our members to accidentally visit it.

While browsing the thread “Trump’s Chances” in Off-Topic, I got a popup saying my phone has 39 viruses, my SIM Card will soon be corrupted, with the only option being to click ‘OK’ which redirects the browser to safetyvpn (dot) net. As I am on an iPhone, I know the popup was a lie and I don’t plan on visiting CFC off-topic again on my phone until this is resolved. I have 3 ad and script blockers on Chrome for my Surface and my desktop.

I'm still getting this on my phone. If I leave CFC open on Safari on iOS and come back to it I get a browser takeover. This is on a brand new phone btw. Here's a screenshot from last june. I thought I had a more recent one from the more recent URL but I don't. But the alert is the same.
IMG_0416.jpg

I'm getting nearly constant popups on every forum on this site tonight from Malware Bytes. "Website blocked due to malware"

It is specifically targeting "geoservice.curse.com"

And for the first time tonight, I got the cookies notice.

On my phone, I am getting almost constantly redirected to other sites. I had to disable JavaScript to get this far. :(

EDIT: This is one of the redirected sites url, except I added a checkmark symbol ✓ to avoid linking anyone else to the site. There was a lot of other info in the url bar as well, but this is the base site.
https://ultimatum✓wages.club/

Last edited:
I'm asking this in the politest way possible: why is this forum unusable on mobile without logging in? No other website of this size I deal with constant redirects me as much as this one does.
Screenshot_20190731-124612_Firefox.jpg
Screenshot_20190731-124615_Firefox.jpg

I say "logging in" because I threw some cash at this website so I didn't get smashed with ads whenever I logged in on mobile and wanted to do more than read posts.

Edit: I said "as much as this one", but that implies any website I use regularly redirects.

Last edited:
Problem still not resolved.

Attachments

• 7EE3C381-37F8-49AB-A087-178B95332C70.png
    7EE3C381-37F8-49AB-A087-178B95332C70.png
    572 KB · Views: 177
EF51A927-89E4-4255-BB77-6788D8C31C40.png

Top Bottom