Mana Flares and Unique Events Add-On

When I hit the gamble on fights/races button (I think it was the Colosseum, but you should probably check both) all options are "Bet on gladiator one" rather than two, three, etc. The report of which gladiator won gives a number, and "one" didn't give me a win when I had bet on the third option, so this is probably just a matter of fixing text.

Edit: Also, there's an event the occurs after combat with a goblin where one of you troops spares a young goblin to raise as his own that I think is from your mod. If you could make it less likely, it's a little much when it fires a couple of times while defending against a goblin stack and the reslts aren't frequently what you'd expect (I keep ending up with a goblin I need to delete when I'm sure I've picked a 'No I don't want a goblin, thanks' kind of response.

I'd suggest making a thread for this in the new forum. ;)

More specifically, in the Modular Modmods subforum. http://greyfox.me/rife/forum/viewforum.php?f=11

done ;)

edit:

Update:
Version 0.6
  • Fixed a bug with the chaos mana flare. (Now the random change of the terrain type plot is permanent. The temporally change could cause problems)
  • Added a few new effects for some mana flares.

edit2:

Update:
Version 0.65
  • Changed the global Mana Flare chance: Quick = 5%; Normal = 4%; Epic = 3%; Marathon = 2% (chance each turn that one mana node on the map will flares up / it's not using the BTS event system)
  • (Temporally added a "fixed" CvEventManager.py in the download so the modules can work as intended. I will remove this file as soon as Valkrionn releases the next patch (which will include the fixes...))
  • Now Mana Flares work as intended when someone pillage a mana node.

the Imperial roads don't seem to work with the Austrin - I can cast the spell in the city but it doesn't do anything, might have to do with all of their cities being flagged as government centers :mischief:

jee, that could cause some problems i think...
for the next few days i'm not able to look into it but i'm sure there can be something done...
thx for the bug report!

the Imperial roads don't seem to work with the Austrin - I can cast the spell in the city but it doesn't do anything, might have to do with all of their cities being flagged as government centers :mischief:

Hmm, that's strange. I can't reproduce your bug report. It seems to work with the Austrin (see picture). Do you have a save game (and if so also your load/module order info)?

Picture:

Update:
Version 0.75 - Note: If you have installed a previous version of my mod plz remove it before you install version 0.75!
(not save game compatible with version 0.7)
  • Added a nuclear explosion effect for the refinery flare.
  • Made a few adjustments and fixed a few things here and there.
  • Renamed the module folder (If you have installed a previous version of my mod plz remove it before you install version 0.75!)

Update:
Version 0.8 - Note: If you have installed a previous version of this mod (before v0.75) plz remove it before you install version 0.8!
(not save game compatible with version 0.75)
  • Added "Elohim Unique Feature Events" in a separate module.
  • This module works with and without the "MoreEvents" module (auto detect). So there should be no interference with the new upcoming treasure hunting events/quests and the Elohim events (<PythonOnMove> call).
  • Fixed an error with the random sea creature option and free bonus option with the Elohim Aifon Isle event (because one of the creatures and the whales bonus where removed in RifE 1.31)
  • Fixed a missing translation with the Elohim Bradelines Well event.
  • Added an option to receive a happy face in every city if you already have the Tolerant Trait when choosing the second option with the Elohim Bradelines Well event.
  • Added an Elohim event for the Foxford unique feature (see post #5).
  • Added an Elohim event for the new Cliffs of Kelle unique feature (see post #5).

Update:
Version 0.9 - Note: If you have installed a previous version of this mod (before v0.75) plz remove it before you install version 0.9!
(not save game compatible with version 0.8)

05 Unique Arenas:
  • Added "05 Unique Arenas" in a separate module. (see post #6)
  • Added a "fixed" CvGameUtils.py in the download. This file will be removed after the release of the new RifE patch (fix made cannotConstruct modular).
  • Fixed a bug with the icon displayed when choosing to build a unique unit of your vassals instead of one of your default units.

04 Elohim Unique Feature Events:
  • Added a pilgrimage quest for the Elohim to the game. If you finish your pilgrimage (visit all available unique features on your map) you will receive the Wanderer trait (adventurer promotion for all new built recon units).
    Spoiler Image Pilgrimage Quest :
  • Added two new events for the Great Colosseum and for the Great Circus (only available if both modules ("05 Unique Arenas" AND "04 Elohim Unique Feature Events") are activated) (see post #5)
  • Fixed a bug with explorable unique features (stopped them from triggering the Elohim event a second time).

03 Imperial Roads:
  • Fixed a bug that could prevent the AI from building Imperial Roads.

[grammarnazi-nitpick]It should be "Unique Features you haven't visited yet"[/grammarnazi-nitpick] :p

Hmm, that's strange. I can't reproduce your bug report. It seems to work with the Austrin (see picture). Do you have a save game (and if so also your load/module order info)?

Picture:

sorry for the late reply: I had saves, but they got corrupted by something - now I have a new one :)

what do you need? just the save?

sorry for the late reply: I had saves, but they got corrupted by something - now I have a new one :)

what do you need? just the save?

1. The save
  2. The information what RifE version you are using (e.g. 1.31.195 or do you use some newer version found in the Development branch?)
  3. The information what version of my modules you are using (you can see it in the module manager using RifE launcher)
  4. And the information what modules you use with your save (Enabled Modules in RifE launcher - so I can load the save game)

1: see here
2: the newest non-development build
3: this save uses 0.8 of your module
4: plus your modules - note: everchanging and buildxp were installed after the problem first occured.

What happens is: with the worker in the city I can click on the imperial road spell and it loses its movement points - but the popup telling me how much it costs and all that doesn't come up...

1: see here
2: the newest non-development build
3: this save uses 0.8 of your module
4: plus your modules - note: everchanging and buildxp were installed after the problem first occured.

What happens is: with the worker in the city I can click on the imperial road spell and it loses its movement points - but the popup telling me how much it costs and all that doesn't come up...

I have no idea why it's not working for you.
I tried your save and the Imperial Roads system work (see picture).
Spoiler Picture :

The only thing I can think of:
Did you also install the CvEventManager.py that is coming with my download?
It is needed to activate the modular python and if it is not installed it could cause your problem.

You can find the file in your 0.8 download:
\Assets\python\CvEventManager.py

copy that file and and make sure to override the one that comes with RifE 1.31.195
...\Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise from Erebus\Assets\python\CvEventManager.py

(Or just "drop" the content of the v0.8 zip (assets folder) in your RifE folder and override the existing assets folder)​

Also: Did you activate python exception popups (HidePythonExceptions = 0) in your ini file? (This could give some hints what's causing the problem)

:hmm: I to believe I put the python file in as well (I just dropped the whole zip file content into the path structure including the python folder) - and it does work if I use other civs - e.g. the Elohim. So its not something thats there because the whole module doesn'T work, it really is civ specific.

I did hide the python exceptions - but enabled the logging and there is no error message in the python log.

Edit: I just enabled python popups and reloaded the save above (and did nothing else) - and now it works :crazyeye:

Top Bottom