Map Finder Help

I start too many projects I don't finish, so don't do it for me, do it for the community! and only if you have time :)

Hi,

Wow.. good job! :woohoo:
I'm out of civ atm.. checking other stuff to keep myself from going [more?] insane.
I'm sure at some point some other civ fanatic / AI will use this to optimize map finding :)

Booga.

Why do I not get the icons as column headings? I just get a short text description. I believe I use the last version of the programme. The only thing I can think of is that due to running it in Linux it somehow doesn't display the icons. But it seems to work perfectly otherwise, the "You have been defeated" crash the other day aside.
I've just done a fresh install of Civ on an old machine now repurposed as my Civ 4 computer and have this same issue but it's windows 7 (not connected to the Internet so not an issue), anyone remember how to fix it on Windows??

Last edited:
Small question :

Sometimes I forget Mapfinder is running in the background on my PC, and just press ALT+F4 then "Enter" to close my computer and go to sleep...
I'm guessing this force closes Civ4 and Mapfinder, but everything seems ok when I run civ again.
My question is - Are the maps produced usable? I'm guessing yes, but I'm asking :)

Be cheerful wherever you are :)

I've just done a fresh onstall of Civ on an old machine now repurposed as ny Civ 4 computer and have this same issue but it's windows 7 (not connected to the Internet so not an issue), anyone remember how to fix it on Windows??
Interesting, I thought that was somehow linked to being on Linux. Did you manage to get it sorted? Maybe it's possible to fix for me too then :) Not a big deal as everything else worked, but would still be nice. Not tried running MapFinder for yonks, mind you, but hopefully it would still work if I get into the HoF stuff again.

Don't see why not, you can check maps before playing them here.

That link is dead, Z. That link is dead.
I just deleted 60 saves to recycling bin... restored and then wanted to check if they are ok...
My saves are dead now. R.I.P. Note they did NOT die of Covid.

Works fine for me, are you logged in?
That was it... :|
I don't always log in... my bad.
Now tested, and recycle bin saves can be restored :)
Just a thought - why not make it open to all?

Last edited:
I'm trying to setup Map Finder again, on my Linux Mint system. Looks like I got it running now at least, and it saved a couple of maps in a test run. Need to figure out a better way to actually start the thing. However, when it does start up without crashing, I'm getting two error messages like this. What does it mean? Is it about Windows registry settings? How do I fix it?

MapFinder error.png

Also, what does the "Update Save Path" option do?

Edit: One more thing. Think this must be from my old rules that I found in a folder. The default is probably shorter. Does it look reasonable, or is it something that I should throw out?
Spoiler :
Map Finder rules.png

Top Bottom