Map Finder on El Capitan?

LiamJohnRiley

Chieftain
Hi Folks! I recently downloaded Civ 4 through Steam on my 2008 Mac Pro with 2 x 2.8 ghz quad core xeon. I'm currently running osx 10.11.6 and I'd like to find a way to run Map Finder. Can anyone point me in the righ direction? Am I out of luck? Thanks.

Edit: I should specify I’m using BTS with the MacBUFFY mod.

Last edited:
Hi, welcome :wavey:

Map Finder is normally used by players who want to compete in the Hall of Fame series. Is that your intention? If so, i'm sorry to disappoint you, as the Hall of Fame doesn't support the Mac version. And as a result, I've never considered converting Map Finder for the Mac - I don't even know whether it can be done!

Hi, welcome :wavey:

Map Finder is normally used by players who want to compete in the Hall of Fame series. Is that your intention? If so, i'm sorry to disappoint you, as the Hall of Fame doesn't support the Mac version. And as a result, I've never considered converting Map Finder for the Mac - I don't even know whether it can be done!

Hi Alan! Thanks for the reply. No I wasn’t looking to do an HOF game, I just want to find optimal starts for my own enjoyment without having to manually regenerate the map until I find one. In fact, I’ve noticed that the regenerate map button doesn’t even seem to appear when using Mac BUFFY, so I have to start completely over from the main menu to get a new map. Map regeneration becomes a real chore, particularly if I want to use a large number of nonrandom opponents as I have to reselect them on the custom game screen every time.

Anyway, I understand why you never considered the conversion given that HOF games require PC. Thanks again for the reply.

Top Bottom