[Map] Huge Earth

Quick report: on Empire level, AI was aggressive and getting advanced techs (ORganized warfare) Elissa run me over...

Anyways, here is my nice Arabic New-York state... with an appropriate wonder, I guess :)
upload_2021-8-30_23-33-44.png

In my case it happens almost randomly, I had one last night in another map that wasn't the last index...
nasty bug, just corrected the same issue, last index again.

multiple causes then...

Second version is up!

- Fixed territory that couldn't be entered in the west NA coast. Hopefully it's correctly the south pole.
- Improved layout of West North America, with better visuals, same for Scandinavia. Thanks for Gedemon for the ideas!
- Tweaked the layout of regions in the Bering Strait and in South East Asia.
- Included South East Asia start for slot 1.

@Gedemon Thanks for the idea and reference! :D

upload_2021-8-31_22-33-42.png

Last edited:
Just wanted to say thanks and that this is excellent!

Spawned in the Asian region of the map and settled most of China, Cambodia, Thailand, Japan and Indonesia over the course of the first 2/3 eras.

Religious tenet that gives influence on mountains was the main driver after I snagged the huge Mt Everest region...

Snagged Eastern Australia and New Zealand and then absorbed a barb city on the west coast of Sth America and used that and resulting armies to bag myself most of the crasy river terrorities up to Mt Roriama (I know I've spelt that wrong)

Been a blast so far. Will definitely give it a go and try a more conquest based game from a European start!

Thanks again.

I had a lovely game on starting position 7, and finally won on nation level (11.4k fame vs leader AI 11k),
as I reached the end of the tech tree at about turn 440 at slow speed.

I went: Phoenicians-Romans-Franks-Dutch-French-Swedes - kind of role player and going for science
(As Swedes, I felt obliged to go capture Scandinavia at the end...)

I covered Europe+strating area (sans Scandinavia), had a peaceful game.
At the end at ca. turn 435 I started a war against Beowulf who was an era behind me, and had a quick conquest of him,
which would have been ended with killing him off, had I not ended the tech tree so suddenly (I had one tech left but that was not an end-tech)

2 AI civs were killed - I think starting position 2 (Guiyang) and 3 (Arjuna)

With the new Beta Patch 1.3.248 the map is missing some elemets, invalid, needs to be reexported with the map editor.
Problems seems to be of territories with edge of north/south of the map...

Edit:
I went into the editor, clicked a "fix", it seemed to work...
then saved it - I now do a test game...

Last edited:
Yep, it does work. I'm doing an updated version, but I usually wait for the beta to be final to avoid issues with people with previous game versions.

New version is up! :D

Just reporting... after winning two games on Nation level with European start, I tried one with start in India on Empire level, slow pace.
Ca. turn 45-50 Walinong Sari rushed me with 8 runners and killed me off (I had 1 walled city with 2+2 units)...

Last edited:
Now another try at Empire level - again India, slow.
This time I do better, I have just started Medieval in turn 155 as Khmer...

But again, I got lots of DoW from the AI Huns, Romans and another - 3 AI civs at once in Classical!
I was lucky to have archers and spears behind first level wall in my cities...

Thanks to Benualdo it's now possible to have 10 spawn points. Which versions would you guys like to have? :D

I'm thinking of one with new world spawns, and another without them, placing the 2 new spots in Africa and north Asia.

Thanks to Benualdo it's now possible to have 10 spawn points. Which versions would you guys like to have? :D

I'm thinking of one with new world spawns, and another without them, placing the 2 new spots in Africa and north Asia.

both can be good, maybe the Asia-Africa plus ones is more exciting...

I tried the low resources map with India start on Empire level and did kind of well, but still not well enough...
Stability became a problem for me... and then the AI attacks, too...
I had to surrender a lot to Walinong in turn 320 after a long war - I was entering Industrial...
At this time the leader AI Agamemnon entered Cont. era... (hehh)

/This was the game I wrote about three posts above/

Yeah, low resources can be brutal. I think they removed the stability from units in the last update, so it became a bit harder since last time I played.

Yeah, low resources can be brutal. I think they removed the stability from units in the last update, so it became a bit harder since last time I played.
It's a good thing, isn't it? When stability becomes non-factor, AI behaves like bunch of wimpies -- game gets stale...

Top Bottom