Maps with realistic starting positions for all civs

If you want to add more than 18, then it can't be done without a mod.
If you just want pre-defined civs on your map, then start the map with "custom scenario", choose the civs you want on that map, start the game, open the worldbuilder, replace the units for every civ and save it as worldbuilder file.

And you should not spam multiple threads with the same question ;).

If you want to add more than 18, then it can't be done without a mod.
If you just want pre-defined civs on your map, then start the map with "custom scenario", choose the civs you want on that map, start the game, open the worldbuilder, replace the units for every civ and save it as worldbuilder file.

And you should not spam multiple threads with the same question ;).

What about adding Carter Earth for 18 Civs ?

Yes, that is Carter's Earth map.

I tried merging this with RevDCM but failed. Yes, in theory it is simple, so I doubt I actually failed, I got issues I had no idea how to fix though. BUG was complaining about the onGameStart function, which is the only one being changed in this mod.

Have you tried merging them ? I certainly would be interested in a version which has no such issues :D

Yes, that is Carter's Earth map.

I tried merging this with RevDCM but failed. Yes, in theory it is simple, so I doubt I actually failed, I got issues I had no idea how to fix though. BUG was complaining about the onGameStart function, which is the only one being changed in this mod.

Have you tried merging them ? I certainly would be interested in a version which has no such issues :D

No, i haven't tried yet.
I've even never worked with BUG, i think it's time to try.

I do not really understand the system they use, so i need some time to dig into it.

Yeah i do mean that ;)

Only the 18 Civs, this with no dlls...

For History Rewritten of Xyth it would be nice :goodjob:

I'll add it next weekend :).

both comes right at the wrong point. This week the regular semester begins, and i have half the day lab course, so the time is a bit scarce and it have to wait until the weekend, sorry :(.

Can i play this with the 40/50 civs mod?
No, the maps are not compatible, but can converted.
But i will not do this at the moment.
I can explain how to convert it, if somebody requests an explanation.

How can i play more then 18 civs? How can i convert it?

How can i play more then 18 civs? How can i convert it?

There are 2 things to do:
a) You need a changed CvGameCoreDll.dll, like this one here, which supports 40 civs. This file has to be placed in StartingPoints\Assets\.
Attention: The CvGameCoreDll will only work with the patch version which is announced in the thread.
b) If you open a map with a text editor (rightclick, open with Notepad/Wordpad), and you scroll down, you can see all the entries for civilzations and teams, with the numbers from 0-17 (= 18 total).
If you want to play it with the 40 civs dll, you also have to add the entries 18-39 (=40 total) to the list of players and the list of teams in the same way like it's already done.
This is all what has to be done :).

I merged this with BUG 4.0, its not that hard.

A small explanation maybe ;)?

I don't think there were that many overlapping files, but I can't remember, because it was awhile ago. I also have merged in a few other things, like a UI ripped from another mod, a few python features, and some modular civs (Afghanistan and Lithuania).

However, I think (think) only one file was overlapping.

a) You need a changed CvGameCoreDll.dll, like this one here, which supports 40 civs. This file has to be placed in StartingPoints\Assets\.
Attention: The CvGameCoreDll will only work with the patch version which is announced in the thread.
b) If you open a map with a text editor (rightclick, open with Notepad/Wordpad), and you scroll down, you can see all the entries for civilzations and teams, with the numbers from 0-17 (= 18 total).
If you want to play it with the 40 civs dll, you also have to add the entries 18-39 (=40 total) to the list of players and the list of teams in the same way like it's already done.

Please de not add any mod than yours for that the modders can merge your mod easily...

I just wanted the explanation for myself, so that i could maybe do it faster ;).
But if it was not so hard, i'll probably also not have a problem with it :).
This mod will in the version, in which it is now, stay and there'll always be this pure version available, no fear at this point ;).

I thought about a small expansion pack (separated from the core download) with civs for the empty areas of the maps (aboriginies, inuit, some african or central asian civs), but i guess i don't have the time to do that :sad:.

As I wrote elsewhere, your solution worked as far as the mod and map actually loading but my civ is automatically defeated at the welcome screen. :mad: Any helpful suggestions?

So, i've reuploaded the whole thing and added the earth map by carter, like requested :).
Some starting positions are a bit bad, like the one for the inca and the americans :/.

I also can't see, why people ask so often after this map (unrelated to this thread; have seen this map often mentioned before). It's sure a nice map, but there are better earth maps out there.

@republic-an: Let's deal with that in the other thread ;).

@mamba: Looked at RevDCM today, and it seems, i first have to go through 1 or 2 BUG threads before i can say anything.

So, i've reuploaded the whole thing and added the earth map by carter, like requested :).
Some starting positions are a bit bad, like the one for the inca and the americans :/.

I also can't see, why people ask so often after this map (unrelated to this thread; have seen this map often mentioned before). It's sure a nice map, but there are better earth maps out there.

Size. We're compensating. :lol:

No problemo. Thanks.

Playing the map by strategyonly, I noticed that only the Conquest and Domination victories are available. They're listed in the WBS as the only viable victories. Not that it really matters to me right now, because thats how im planning to win (playing as Cyrus, and ive carved out an empire that stretches from indochina to Denmark to South Africa to west Africa, with a war raging against China).

Size. We're compensating. :lol:

:D

Size *sigh*. Can't really understand it, but in my last game i noticed, that standard maps have become already to big to me.
But doesn't matter.

Maybe you should try jabarto's Eurasia map, it's even bigger ;).

Playing the map by strategyonly, I noticed that only the Conquest and Domination victories are available. They're listed in the WBS as the only viable victories. Not that it really matters to me right now, because thats how im planning to win (playing as Cyrus, and ive carved out an empire that stretches from indochina to Denmark to South Africa to west Africa, with a war raging against China).

Ups, you're right, forgot to remove this limitations.
:think: i have to see, if i have the time this week to reupload it.

@mamba:
I've now successfully merged the modcomp into RevDCM after reading EF's tutorial for BUG. Was not this complicated, but i had to see, that there was a change in the RevDCM gamecore in one of the used API calls. It's not serious, but a reason, why it could fail.
I've attached the 2 changed python files and the XML file (not the init.xml, i guess your's altered), so you don't have to deal with that.

But don't forget, that the maps have to be made compatible for 50 civs.

Attachments

• RevDCMChanges.zip
    4.7 KB · Views: 246
@mamba:
I've now successfully merged the modcomp into RevDCM after reading EF's tutorial for BUG. Was not this complicated, but i had to see, that there was a change in the RevDCM gamecore in one of the used API calls. It's not serious, but a reason, why it could fail.
I've attached the 2 changed python files and the XML file (not the init.xml, i guess your's altered), so you don't have to deal with that.

But don't forget, that the maps have to be made compatible for 50 civs.

@mamba: Looked at RevDCM today, and it seems, i first have to go through 1 or 2 BUG threads before i can say anything.

Thanks for have added this nice map ;)

Top Bottom