1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Maps with realistic starting positions for all civs

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Pre-made Maps' started by The_J, Mar 7, 2010.

1. Soxbadger

Soxbadger Chieftain

I tried to edit that fix and it didnt seem to work unless im doing something wrong.

I changed the following

; Custom XML and Python from user folder are not loaded
    NoCustomAssets = 1

In both the ini.bak file and the starting point configurations (tried all combinations as well). Still getting the same message, but thanks for helping.

2. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

:hmm: what? I guess that's the normal .ini file (the name if you don't have file extensions displayed), right?
    If so, then it should work :dunno:.
    :hmm: is the .ini maybe also being cached? :think: -> don't know. -> Please hold down shift during loading (once only), and see if this changes anything.

3. Soxbadger

Soxbadger Chieftain

So I can get them to work independently (if you save Bug as a mod instead of installing it right in custom assets) there really isnt an issue.

If you ever find a way to merge them please post it because Bug adds some interesting improvements without really changing game play (at least imo).

4. Dr.Null

Dr.Null forIhavetastedthesushi

I'm enjoying this mod, but being compatible with BUG would enhance my enjoyment even more. :)

Thanks for making the mod, and for considering such selfish suggestions!

5. Cruel

Cruel King

Does anyone know how to do this?

6. The_J

My wording was maybe a bit strong :mischief:.
    It can sure be done, but it takes a lot of time, because you have to edit all the new stuff out by hand, and that's IMHO not really worth it.

@Dr.Null: Thanks :).

7. blacktrance

blacktrance Chieftain

I want to play this with a 40-civ mod. How do I do that?

8. The_J

Oh, I see that sentence is still in the OP :D.
    I actually wrote a tutorial how to do it later after making this mod, you can see it here.

:think: but wait...if you're willed to wait a few days and test it for me, then I could also do it. I have some time now, so it's not a problem. But the fan of my graphics card is broken, so I can't start Civ4, and someone else would have to test it. If you would...:)

9. Co_co

Co_co Chieftain

Hello,
    I am using this stuff with the RFC map in my mod. I merged several civilizations and added their proper starting points in the XML.

My problem is that some civilizations (~20) have contact between themselves at the beggining of the game, even if they are on an other continent out of vision. I have only this functions in my Python.

Anybody has an idea ? Thank you for your work and for the answers (if someone writes one:)).

Edit: positionning issue fixed. Remains the problem described above.

10. ales_

ales_ Heir

I've followed this instruction but my game freezes when I select the map.

11. ales_

ales_ Heir

Nevermind, problem fixed. I haven't thought that you HAVE to write down as many numbers as in the DLL, not less.