Marauder (Battletech)

The_Coyote

Emperor
Marauder - Final Version

my first fully animated model :) , the Marauder heavy Mech from Battletech (Original: Robotech design).

The Models comes with 4 skins made by me, one of them change to show teamcolour and Ajidica skin (so six skins to choose), each skin is saved in a folder, only exchange the marauder.nif and marauder_gloss.nif with the version you want. The finished animation has 3 strike and 3 die version, one of them is from the beta version, the other two are new.

Also the model uses a changed red_laser effect, i only changed the colour to blue to fit more a PPC, how you can add the effect is described in a text file in the download

The model itself has 1088 vertices and 1066 triangles and a 256 skin
uses included Marauder animation
uses icluded PPC effect
scale for picture was 1
(i used the next war mech xml entries as base)

Hope you like the model as much as i like it.

dl: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=10717

text from Beta Release in spoiler:

Spoiler :
BETA RELEASE

this time i release the unit without finishing completely. The texture atm is nothing more than a quick made placeholder (if someone wants to reskin i can offer the gimp file [incl an uv map layer]). There is no fx version so far and there are small errors with the animation.

I decided to make the beta because of the animation error (the units disappers for half a second before appearing again - observed when attacking another unit, if someone can help please post there: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=291292). Also it is my first animation, so i want a bit feedback before going on. And after the animation i will finish the skin.

The animation was done only with blender and nifscope, so no idea if there could be additional problems. So far the Blender export scripts don´t allow a direct export of animations for civ, so i used files generated for oblivion as base :rolleyes:

The model itself has 1088 vertices and 1066 triangles and a 256 skin
uses included Marauder animation
scale for picture was 1
(i used the next war mech xml entries as base)

Ciao
The_Coyote

Attachments

• final_pic2.jpg
    final_pic2.jpg
    346.4 KB · Views: 1,545
  • final_pic1.jpg
    final_pic1.jpg
    482.6 KB · Views: 2,032
Nice unit. If you want, I can skin it. The skin wont be very good but it is better than solid black. Any suggestions on color? I was thinking dark grey with red highlights. What size texture do you want?

feel free to skin in the colours you want :) I still plan to skin the unit after the animation problem is solved, but i can say for sure that my skins aren´t the best. The texture itself is a 256*256, so i would recommend to use this also size

I'm also not the greatest at skinning, (Look at my stykera unit). I'll give it a go.

Here is the skin. I know it isnt very good but ut us better than all black. Comments welcome.

thanks for the skin :), added a pic of your skin in the opening post (before somebody is demanding it).

btw could one of the seven downloaders so far tell me, how the animation is [it´s my first and without feedback it si hard to learn]?

And nobody here with an idea why the unit disappears for a short time? :(

From what I can tell on animations, since they are python events, mabey the unit dissapears bevasue you are missing the kf that plays during the first part of python? I could be totaly wrong.

WAW WAW WAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THat is fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have no words to say!! Its very cool!
It's also a good base for me to make some new units for my Next war update mod.
For exapmle new skins and different guns (grendade, mg etc)
PS
Are you still working on my fighters' pics I sent you? :)

Guys,

A wonderful job !
Is there any chance that somebody build a Battletech mod ?
I have played this game so many years around the late 80's- beginning of the 90's (when i was younger - around 20 y.o). It would be nice to have such a mod.
Marauder wasn't my favorite mech. I prefer the heavier Battlemaster, or even the lighter Thunderbolt.

Hian the Frog.

Thou shall not harm Natural Intelligences, or let harm come to these beings by inactivity! :nono:

Do I heard Robotech Lawyers knocking on the door !!! :joke:

Even meant as joke, it´s a bit strange, in europe (where i live) it´s the look i know the maurader right from the start (grey death trilogy) and i think it never disappeared (i´m not sure, but i believe the lawsuit only handled the distribution rights for the pics in the US), even i did not know about robotech, later i saw that is one of the unseen design and also saw that this is an original robotech design (together with my secound favourite the warhammer). Still have no idea what robotech is about and therefore used the name i´m used for this mech and which motivated me to make the model, but i think it would only be fair if somebody uses the Robotech name: Commanders' Battle Pod as name for this unit, because they made this great designs

If somebody has or sees a problem with the name i can ask a mod to change the title

Robotech was a cartoon series that was basically a combination of animes The Super Dimension Fortress Macross, Super Dimension Cavalry Southern Cross, and Genesis Climber Mospeada. Personally, I prefer the unseen version of most of the lost mechs, though several of the reseen versions are better (Phoenix Hawk IIC, for instance).

Robotech was a cartoon series that was basically a combination of animes The Super Dimension Fortress Macross, Super Dimension Cavalry Southern Cross, and Genesis Climber Mospeada. Personally, I prefer the unseen version of most of the lost mechs, though several of the reseen versions are better (Phoenix Hawk IIC, for instance).

Yes, a quite good one.
I prefer the Shadow Hawk. :p

I prefer the Shadow Hawk. :p
Unseen or reseen?
Some 'mechs, like the Thunderbolt, Goliath, Crusader, and the Ost-mechs (Ostscout, Ostsol, and Ostroc) were rather silly looking. And did anyone else notice that the loadout for the Thunderbolt's missile launchers was on the opposite side of the torso from what was shown in the picture?
[/Tangent]

Unseen or reseen?
Some 'mechs, like the Thunderbolt, Goliath, Crusader, and the Ost-mechs (Ostscout, Ostsol, and Ostroc) were rather silly looking. And did anyone else notice that the loadout for the Thunderbolt's missile launchers was on the opposite side of the torso from what was shown in the picture?
[/Tangent]

Yes, You are right.
Nevertheless, in game, my favorite remains the Thunderbolt. Heavy armor, all weapon types, ability to crush,.....
I really love the Locust too. Because of its look... even if it is a pack of S%%% on two legs... ;)

Hello,

I have not posted on these forums for over a year-ish. I believe I quit Civ iv round about the first patch - because of a number of factors. I am a biiiig Battletech/Mechwarrior fan. I truely loved the Inner Sphere and while everyone almost always liked the Clans, I enjoyed my 3025 'Mechs. I even remember playing MPBT 3025 on AOL, back when the Internet was not unlimited! (Boy, that shows my age.)

Back in the day, a few of us old BT vets did create a mod based on the Inner Sphere before the Clans invade. We had the 5 major Houses with three leaders each and Comstar (with three leaders each). We decided not to do the minor Houses and FedComm and we also re-designed the tech tree. However, most of us quit the mod when real life took over and our other internet lives were more important.

I still have some of the files; however, the one thing none of us were good at was unit graphics! OMG. I tried making a 'Mech and it looked like something the people on the short yellow bus drew! So all of our 'Mechs were the 'Mech from Next War.

With the new Colonization game, I decided to dust off my old civ iv and BTS CDs an visit the forums. AND I SEE A EFFIN COOL Maruader! OMG heh.

I also see a ton of new patches which have added allot of new features and, evidently, made my old mod obsolete. I never completely finished the mod - since te few who were working with me quit and I became very frustrated when all the 'Mechs were ugly and the same.

Is there any way I can borrow this design and what ever ones you have? (I would marry you if my woman would let me - or at the very lease promise to have my best friend's upcomming newborn be named after you - if you can design more 'Mechs).

I am also re-designing the mod, and since I have not played CIV iv or BtS for ages... been trying to play a few games to remember how to play again. In MPBT, everyone loved the Catapult CPLT-C1 design. However, I was a Wolverine pilot. The standard version was the AC/5; my version was the Large Laser design.

Top Bottom