Mario Mafia [MAFIA VICTORY]

why wouldnt the mafia care?

if the village as a whole is reading someone as village correctly, it is very hard to get that person lynched.

Well, yeah. If they're generally accepted as town they gotta be night killed, not lynched. I get that. But night one? If I were mafia I'd be looking not just at who needed night killing, but who needed night killing right away because they were a problem.

I'm also comfortable lynching Csargo

Posting and content wise, Tims and Monty are my top town at this point, they're pretty consistent with what I remember from the last few games I've played with both. Tims maybe slightly more aggressive/active than I remember.

Less confident about you, because I can't even remember the last game we've played together outside of the Cold War one, which you know how that played out. I'd lean town for you at this point though, because this seems kinda similar to what I skimmed from that game. I know you're skilled so I'm wary to a degree. I'd probably put Tak at about this level as well, seems pretty carefree with decent enough analysis.

I think Manasi's town, because gut feeling mostly.

I can't ever read Zack, so that's a null from me.

JohannaK, Syn, RRR, Choxorn, Snerk, pzelda, LordArgon, Logic/Yako, Newyn 2.0

The first three are just a blank for me, I hardly recall anything they've posted tbh.

Choxorn is pretty much the same. You've talked about it before, and it's still the same. I expect more today.

I thought most of Snerk's posts yesterday seemed empty/fluffy outside of a few, and those few were just meh for me. I don't know what to think about this slot, so I voted there.

pzelda seems a bit like the Org game like Zack said before, but seems less tryhardy, not sure if that's the right word, but I have reservations tbh.

LordArgon is an enigma to me.

There's not enough post from Logic/Yako to make a proper judgement. Feel like it could be either. Definitely within what I'd expect from scum Logic.

Newyn 2.0 == Newyn 1.0

Would just like to point out that Newyn 2.0 is now confirmed town :shifty:

Well, yeah. If they're generally accepted as town they gotta be night killed, not lynched. I get that. But night one? If I were mafia I'd be looking not just at who needed night killing, but who needed night killing right away because they were a problem.

Tim, mafia either kill someone they have a PR read on or someone they don't think they can lynch. The fact that their reads are right or wrong rarely figure into things unless that person is hard pushing someone correctly and unlikely to change their mind which is rarely something that happens on day 1.

No wonder why Snerk's presence is scarse... welcome back Newyn.
Sorry, semester start is throwing me a curveball.

I visited Tim last night and now I'm slightly less inclined to believe he is evil.

vote: LordArgon kinda placeholdery vote for now.

Tim, mafia either kill someone they have a PR read on or someone they don't think they can lynch. The fact that their reads are right or wrong rarely figure into things unless that person is hard pushing someone correctly and unlikely to change their mind which is rarely something that happens on day 1.

That makes sense, but they had a small handful of people who were pretty widely read as town to choose from. For example, pretty much my entire output through the night was based on getting it said just in case I got night killed for that very reason. But I'm also known as a 'dog with a bone' type, so the only possible mafia who would likely see a lot of urgency for killing me would be a scum-Snerk.

@LordArgon

Those weeds you been lying low in are pretty much an inferno. It would be a really good time to rise up and start running.

Ok, thinking about it I have some opinions even without (before) rereading the game. And they are actually different than I thought they might be. I have quite a few town reads, but none of them is as strong as
Tak. He was quite consistent at pushing the game forward without boasting about his towniness.
Logic's almost always town here.
Next on Visor and Tim. They were both here and active. I think Visor could go for this nightkill, but that would be pure tinfoil. I think someone else tried to use it and keep Visor at least little suspected.
Manasi and Snerk are next fairly good in activity and I liked both, but my guts are often wrong and I don't remember much of their content. If Zack's scum, he's very likely with one of them.
My read of Zack is that he's wishy-washy and has a good chance of being wolf... or he's weirdly low effort and I can't really tell.
Rask's def underwhelming in comparison with the previous game, but that might be caused by real life.
Csargo and New Newyn look good so far. I guess Csargo has more going for him and I'm really afraid that we might mislynch Newyn twice.
Lord made that ugly videofanning and not much else.
Johanna is hard to read as usual.
Who else?

Monty, Chox, Syn - I don't have much of a read on any of them, actually. Syn seems to have a good time, so I'm more inclined to think they're town. Monty made a good early impression but it kind of faded away? Still more likely town. Chox has nothing going for him, most likely scum of the three.

That makes sense, but they had a small handful of people who were pretty widely read as town to choose from. For example, pretty much my entire output through the night was based on getting it said just in case I got night killed for that very reason. But I'm also known as a 'dog with a bone' type, so the only possible mafia who would likely see a lot of urgency for killing me would be a scum-Snerk.

That can be true I guess but from I gather, most of you guys have probably played with each other for a bit while Dolbster is essentially a complete unknown. If I were mafia Dolbster is kind of the perfect kill because mafia wouldn't know what to expect from him or how likely he is to change his mind while they will have a decent idea of how others will play.
If he's right about anything, I think it's more likely that he's right about the top 3 wagons yesterday been all town and mafia not wanting him to push that today rather than who his scum were.

The scribe presents D1 votes:

upload_2020-1-7_12-9-58.jpeg

It reads as follow:
  • column player casted a vote on line player (not sure this is meaningfull in any sort of language, but I have faith in you)
  • votes are numbered in the order they were casted each day (each new vote was preceded by an unvote ofc)
  • yellow votes are the final ones
  • lynched player is shown in red if scum, and green if townie
  • grey columns/lines match lynched/killed players (displayed from D2 update)
LordArgon vote on Takhisis wasn't counted by TS for formatting issue iirc.

I'll try to get D2 going tonight before we reach the 30 votes mark! (to annoy Manasi with more boring stuff)

Charts!

Now all that you owe me is my coin vote.

Oh, wait, no coin votes.

That can be true I guess but from I gather, most of you guys have probably played with each other for a bit while Dolbster is essentially a complete unknown. If I were mafia Dolbster is kind of the perfect kill because mafia wouldn't know what to expect from him or how likely he is to change his mind while they will have a decent idea of how others will play.
If he's right about anything, I think it's more likely that he's right about the top 3 wagons yesterday been all town and mafia not wanting him to push that today rather than who his scum were.

Fair point.

Any reason to back this Mary?

Mainly because I'm beginning to think that I was wrong on Snerk. Manasi could still be mafia I guess but if Dolbster was right about t/t/t wagons, that is a huge reason to kill him as he'd essentially be denying the mafia 2 potential mislynches if he pushes it harder if they let him live.

if Dolbster was right about t/t/t wagons, that is a huge reason to kill him as he'd essentially be denying the mafia 2 potential mislynches if he pushes it harder if they let him live.

That's 3 "if"s in just one sentence.. I get your point, but that's just a possibility. I won't take this for sure.

Beside, you posted a more convincing thing earlier:
Tim, mafia either kill someone they have a PR read on or someone they don't think they can lynch. The fact that their reads are right or wrong rarely figure into things (...)

By the way, are you a wolf this time? Mary was replaced rather fast!

Top Bottom