Mario or Sonic?

Which one would be more likely to have joined the Waffen-SS?

• Total voters
The Sega Mega Drive sold 6.8 million in Western Europe, second to Brazil and larger than the rest of the world combined. It's less than the NES, which sold 7.26 million in Europe but the Master System had the lead in the UK, where its main competetion was the Commodore 64 and the ZX Spectrum.

The Sega Mega Drive is the highest selling console in Europe of that generation.
But isn't the Mega Drive 16bit? (and the antagonist to the Snes, not the Nes?)
How much did the Snes sell?

In Western Europe, the Super Nintendo sold 5 million, the Sega Mega Drive 9.65 million. Third is the Commodore Amiga with 3.98 million.

Team Chaotix from sonic has my vote, but not sonic himself. I find TC far more likeable

Hmmmm likeable and your vote for nazi, interesting combo

Vote for Nazi ? I didn’t vote for anyone see the poll

No one in TC is a nazi. In any event, I said TC is likeable, not me. BTW you never answered my question I PMed you

read the poll question and/or the thread

ah, should have read it. I meant I like TC much more than Sonic or Mario. As for who is more likely to be a nazi... I'm going with Mario. Italians were allied with the nazis in concrete terms, hedgehogs weren't.

Oh I see that now. Yes I didn't notice before.

Ok that changes my answer then. Sonic, because I was a Nintendo fanboy back in the day and am currently a PS4 fanboy today.

I gave ps4 and Xbox and like both. 360 was better than PS 3, PS4 is better than Xbox;).

To hard a fanboy miss out on good games. I was a Sega fan boy but beat your ass played Mario 3 and World

But isn't the Mega Drive 16bit? (and the antagonist to the Snes, not the Nes?)
How much did the Snes sell?

I think SNES won slightly overall mostly because of Japan.

Rest of world Sega won can't remember USA think SNES won.

Megadrive/Genesis was winning until 93/94 iirc. Launched earlier and Sonic blew up before SNES arrived in some countries or very close to SNES launch.

Sega had the games SNES had SMW and that was almost it (1991).

SNES got streetfighter II first iirc which moved units. It was the game to play 30 years ago. Couldn't even buy a SNES in my hometown but we still played SF2 via one shipped in from Australia.

Last edited:
Streetfighter 2?
There were, eventually, many cool games in the Snes, including Zelda (A Link to the Past), Mario Cart, Starfox (was it called that originally? The 3d game), Flashback (supposed sequel to Another World, though not in reality) and then later on the excellent Secret of Mana. Even later on (when I no longer was using the Snes) there was Clocktower and more japanese rpgs.
I probably had 10-15 Snes games.

Streetfighter 2?
There were, eventually, many cool games in the Snes, including Zelda (A Link to the Past), Mario Cart, Starfox (was it called that originally? The 3d game), Flashback (supposed sequel to Another World, though not in reality) and then later on the excellent Secret of Mana. Even later on (when I no longer was using the Snes) there was Clocktower and more japanese rpgs.
I probably had 10-15 Snes games.

Yeah check the dates on those games;).

1991/92 were fairly bleak for SNES. Flashback was also on Megadrive.

Megadrive had Sonic, Arcade Ports, sport games etc just better library at that point.

Nintendo technically won (they sold a few more units due to Japan) but they went from 90% market share down to below 50%.

1994 Playstation launched so Nintendo won vs Sega by 1995 then lost badly to Sony. Sega defeated themselves. Sega shattered the perception of Nintendo as "the" console to have though.

I never liked platformers, so didn't care for Mario - let alone Sonic.
Probably only ever had two platformers on the amiga, Prehistoric and James Pond (some sequel).

Platform/beat em ups were also lame, but I played two of those on the Snes, TMNT and Lost Vikings.

1696407997976.png

you are exaggerating to say Nintendo “badly lost to Sony”

you are exaggerating to say Nintendo “badly lost to Sony”

Back then they did. PS1 and 2 were massive success.

Nintendo bounced back later but as I said they had something like 90% market share.

32 million vs 102 million N64-PS1. Outsold 3 to 1 with a few left over.

Do consoles play a role now? Back in the day, their point was that there no no loading time and it was a game machine. Games did have a high price (particularly those Nintendo originals).

Do consoles play a role now? Back in the day, their point was that there no no loading time and it was a game machine. Games did have a high price (particularly those Nintendo originals).

Cheaper than gaming rig PC.

And for some genres better and some games don't see release on PC eg console exclusives.

Last edited:
Top Bottom