Mario or Sonic?

Which one would be more likely to have joined the Waffen-SS?

• Total voters
Is it known if Sonic was important in the start of the "furry" trend? Of course there were other animal/human hybrids before, but afaik those were either in cartoons (Thundercats etc) or not aiming for the audience to emulate them (like the myriad of freaks on the Muppet Show) :)
A quick glance at Wikipedia says that Furries date back to the 70's, so not quite.

Disagree.

• Sonic’s environmental bent is similar to the pastoral Germany envisioned by many of the Nazis.
• Robotnik, now Eggman, is an obvious reference to “Judeo-Bolshevism“ based on his appearance and characteristics.
I'd like to refute this statement.
Robotnik is an industrialist, who enslaves innocent little animals to become mindless workers for him. Sonic freeing them is essentially leading the communist revolution against the bourgeouisie.*
Is it known if Sonic was important in the start of the "furry" trend? Of course there were other animal/human hybrids before, but afaik those were either in cartoons (Thundercats etc) or not aiming for the audience to emulate them (like the myriad of freaks on the Muppet Show) :)
And now this. Furries, and other similar wusses, are certainly left leaning. You can't fit a nice proper black SS uniform over a fur suite. This doesn't go well together. Hugo Boss would be rotating in his grave!

*(while I'm trying to make this into a joke, I realized... it's... maybe... true :think:?)

I'd like to refute this statement.
Robotnik is an industrialist, who enslaves innocent little animals to become mindless workers for him. Sonic freeing them is essentially leading the communist revolution against the bourgeouisie.*

And now this. Furries, and other similar wusses, are certainly left leaning. You can't fit a nice proper black SS uniform over a fur suite. This doesn't go well together. Hugo Boss would be rotating in his grave!

*(while I'm trying to make this into a joke, I realized... it's... maybe... true :think:?)
I am pretty sure that a lot of nazis would be furries today ^^

There are no centrist furries, only far left and far right.

Mario is unfit and can only beat up mushrooms and outrun turtles. Sonic, on the other hand, works out and probably is at least passive-aggressively into supremacy theories.
Mario is strongfat like a powerlifter and everyone knows this if they played his games. Picking vegetables all day, swinging sledge hammers, playing all kinds of sports, etc.

Toad was the fastest picker-upper in Super Mario Bros. 2.

That was really the first Nintendo game I remember playing, when stores had those display units.

Mario's even Italian!
There is an argument over whether Mario should be considered Italian or Japanese, but either option points towards an alliance with Nazi Germany.

There is no way there's a serious argument that Mario is Japanese. Is there?
He was made by a Japanese company, modelled on a Japanese janitor the creator knew, and some argue that he is not saying "Its-A-me, Mario" but rather stating his full name "Itsumi Mario." Itsumi is a very common Japanese surname, and the Japanese usually say the family name before their personal name.

Top Bottom