1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Massive C2C Humans Vs Humans Game/Lets Play Setup

Discussion in 'Multiplayer and LP's' started by 12padams, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

It's a sibling of 'C2C MP' (so in the root folder you connected the SVN to). Padams created it when he pushed his game rather than using the 'gameFiles' one I had pre-created for that purpose.

2. ls612

ls612 Deity Moderator

So, it's my turn now then?

edit:

Nevermind, i see how it works now.

3. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

I missed Church today for this, only to get aggravated and frustrated. :sad:
    I asked for Details on How To Do this and got nothing. So I tried to figure it out by myself and screwed it up. :(

Hopefully Il Principe can fix it. Cause I'm not touching for the rest of the day.

And Yes I used Checkout to set up the Human Game SVN. I have 7 different SVNs total, 6 for different Mods. 6 with only read access to Update and Export from. The Human Game SVN is the only one I have Write access to. And today was my 1st time Ever to try to do this side of things.

It was Not a pleasant experience. But I'll get over it. :p

JosEPh

4. Acularius

Acularius King

I think Koshling posted a step by step in the 'Tracker' topic. Recently.
    I will admit, I think SVN is a bit confusing at first, but eventually it just grows on you and you wonder how you lived without it before. Or maybe that's just me.

5. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

I felt like a Blind man in the grocery store looking for a box of Cheerios! :p

I deleted the SVN for this game and am re checking it out now. Have gotten 219 MB so far. Funny part was that I had finally gotten the Original All Green Checkmarky again ( double :p :p ).

JosEPh

6. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

I'm thinking you might've really confused yourself by not putting the repository folder (where you've checked out (or downloaded)) directly into the mod folder. I've never had any problems maintaining the SVN folder(s) there. But I have a few copies usually, what I keep up to date at all times, what I'm working on, the game my wife and I are playing, and now this one.

But yeah, took me a bit to get comfy with Tortoise too.

Take note, too... if you take a repository file and copy it to a new location, you've made a duplicate with all the same connections to the SVN too! That can be independently updated and you can push changes from there independent to the original checkout download file as well!

7. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

This 2nd Checkout seems bigger than the 1st. I'm at 1133MB and still going.

JosEPh

8. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Yeah... just updated and... low and behold, he put the sources file in there after I told him not to. :(

9. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

Yes, that's why I left the source and maps out of what I originally pushed since you don't need them to play (maps are needed to set the game up but not after)

10. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

11. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

It's pretty harmless now its there - best to leave it undisturbed IMO. You won't take a download hi unless it changes again.

12. 12padams

12padams Prince

Yea guys sorry I changed the name of koshlings gamefiles folder and replaced it with the save file+turns folder instead. I was having difficulty with it being read only and not having permissions or something so I tried creating a new folder to fix it. I added sources before I was told not to (since I thought they were important) and was in a rush to take my turn since it was getting late at night and needed to take my turn.

Little did I know that I only needed to press "cleanup" to remove the lock/permission problems. It's all ok now though and I'm fine with you guys taking a while on your first turn because using svn for the first time was a nightmare for me to...

13. rightfuture

rightfuture Emperor

I would be interesting in participating in such a game in the future. I have a new hard drive on the way so I'm not sure if it would have been convenient for everyone for me to play anyway.
    Count me in for the next one, even if it is a long while. :)

14. 12padams

12padams Prince

Long while? Try an entire year! But if anyone leaves our current game I guess you could take over and become their civ/take their place ;)

Koshlings, you better find a way of changing turn Orr have way through a game because the more new people the harder this will get!

15. Mega Nix

Mega Nix Warlord

we could start another game ;)

Will this game be updated with bug fixes from the svn?

16. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

Only for major releases or major bug fixes for issues we encounter. Not regularly (the current SVN is very broken for example, and that happens from time to time)