1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Massive C2C Humans Vs Humans Game/Lets Play Setup

Discussion in 'Multiplayer and LP's' started by 12padams, Oct 27, 2012.

1. 12padams

12padams Prince

So we can get something (episodes) posted ASAP! After a few are up there. I won't be so desperate to get some up...

We won't have met/prepare war in the first 30 turns anyway so don't worry about cheating they early...

2. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

I am more worried about knowing peoples locations on the map. Also what happened to you being patient. You can either wait 20 turns now or wait 20 turns later. I would think waiting 20 now would be a whole lot easier than waiting when people have already seen the first 3 episodes.

I am personally thinking of just waiting until turn 20 to release episode 1 to insure my location is not revealed sooner. I should still get to releasing episode 4 when you guys do.

3. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

4. 12padams

12padams Prince

Ah fine... I give up! hydro, lets just do what you said so I don't have to argue with you anymore... I'll explain the stay one episode behind with posting your episodes in the tracker thread...

Anyway Its downloaded so I am ready to set everything up. Koshling gave me instructions so Ill read the pm he sent me now. I hope this works ;)

5. 12padams

12padams Prince

Oh no major problem!!! There is no perfect mongoose world type (or even perfectworld2f) map type in the multiplayer/v27 release? What the heck am I supposed to do!

All the c2c world types are missing!

6. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

Yeah I noticed that when I set up a test game. I was hoping that you had the files.

What I think you can do it copy the PrivateMaps folder from the normal version and then make your game. Once the first game is made we should not need those files or that folder since your game will have been made.

7. 12padams

12padams Prince

The following folders are missing in this version:

Autologs
    Docs
    Private maps
    Sources

Should I add them in?

8. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

Autologs - I don't know.

Docs - No those are just text documents and stuff that do not even show up when the game has loaded.

Private maps - Only for setting up your first game. No need to put them on the MP SVN. Its only needed to generate the game map. And thus not needed once the game has been generated.

Sources - I don't know.

9. 12padams

12padams Prince

Maybe I should add sources... It's got a lot of stuff that looks important in it!

10. 12padams

12padams Prince

I've added all bug options except for religious decay. I searched for 20 minutes unable to find it and am going insane so unless someone can tell me where it is within the next 15 minutes I won't enable it...

11. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Do not add sources. Its just for dll modding and does not play a roll in the processing of the game at all (its all condensed into the one CvGameCore.dll!)

12. 12padams

12padams Prince

Help I've taken my turn but can't upload the game files folder (with current turn and game file! It's refusing to!

It's saying it locked or something! I can't add anything to it and I've tried clicking unlock but it says nothing is locked. I can't do this!

13. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

SVN cleanup - right click on the folder and select Tortoise SVN then select the Clean Up option from the popup menu. Then push to the SVN.

14. 12padams

12padams Prince

Omg thank god you're a savior. Now... It's ready. Revision 7, go koshling! Oh and that's it for this thread. I'll start posting in the tracker thread now. Don't reply anymore in this one... Pretend its locked! (Can someone officially lock it)

Go here from now on: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=479123

15. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

I forgot to add you previously (sorry). It's done now. Get that SVN downloading ASAP, your turn is approaching...

16. Acularius

Acularius King

I'm going to sound like an idiot, but the C2C MP folder in the SVN has everything I need right? I just need to update for the save file and turn logger every so often.

I'm in the 8th spot, so I'm in no rush. XD

Edit: Test load of the PBEM game looks to show that everything is in working order with no CTD's.
    and I'm jealous of Joseph's civilization.
    NO OBVIOUS BIAS... :lol:

P.S.S
    Should we also post our base civilzation stuff in the logger?|
    For example, I am Catherine of the Malagasy [Its an example, I don't know what I am. XD]

17. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

The save game itself is in the folder called 'Save+TurnList' which is a sibling of 'C2C MP' - once the mod is set up (as you have already done) it's basically just that folder you'll need to update and commit regularly.

18. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Did I do it right? I did not have a Commit option but had an Import option.

Looks like Il Principe jumped right on it!

This is ALL New stuff! As confused as a old dog with 2 food bowls!

@Acularius,
    Eh! Long may the Maple Leaf wave! :lol:

JosEPh

19. Acularius

Acularius King

Nothing bad, but next time toss the file into the "Save+TurnList", but generally, everything looked alright. From what I can tell. Anxious for my turn to see how boned I am.

Yeah, I take back my vote from myself and now vote for you. :p
    Long may that flag wave~

20. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Where is this "Save+Turnlist" found? I never saw one?

JosEPh