Massive C2C Humans Vs Humans Game/Lets Play Setup

ok an update for everyone...

its 10:40am, I have got to leave the house at 12:10pm (1.5 hours). To be safe I am downloading the mp svn now and have been for the last hour or so. Due to complications (ultra slow download speed) I won't be able to get this started until 3:30-4pm my time. If its not ready then I will get it ready at 8pm my time and if not by then It will be 100% done by 11:00pm my time (12 hours from now).

Once I take my first turn (ill leave a message in this thread to notify you all) please lock this thread or stop replying in it. All comments about the progress of this game, diplomatic stuff and so on should occur in the official track thread (I'll post a link to it when I make my last post here).

Most importantly those who are making a lets play... DON'T FORGET TO TAKE SCREENSHOTS OF THIS FIRST TURN. But remember... don't make any lets play topic yet, wait until you have completed 10 turns because we will all (6 of us) make an episode every 10 turns to keep our episodes in sync with eachother!.

Good luck Everyone ;)

I thought we were doing individual Let's Plays. I wanted to do one on the Stories & Tales forum.

Wait what? You had your turns? I haven't even created the save yet or had my turn!

Just a test with a new game to see if it worked; I noticed some of the default C2C folders were missing, but I assumed that was deliberate. I wasn't doing anything with the MP game.

I thought we were doing individual Let's Plays. I wanted to do one on the Stories & Tales forum.
We are! lol you can post your lets play as a new thread anywhere but each episode must be 10 turns. So take some screens over the first 10 turns (about 10 days) and then once youve done that write up your first episode and post it wherever you want. In your case the stories and tales area... but DON'T POST UNTIL YOU HAVE COMPLETED 10 TURNS BECAUSE EACH EPISODE SHOULD BE 10 TURN IN LENGTH SO OUR LETS PLAYS ARE IN SYNC.

That simply means if someone watches my episode 1 it will span the same turn amount as my episode 1. I will link to everyone's individual lets play topics in the second/first post of the tracker thread.

Also... this is turning out to be a nightmare to download! 150 meg just took 2 hours so I'm gonna estimate 10 hours until you can all take your first turn :( well, at least until I can take my first turn...

We are! lol you can post your lets play as a new thread anywhere but each episode must be 10 turns. So take some screens over the first 10 turns (about 10 days) and then once youve done that write up your firt epsiode and post it wherever you want. In your case the stories and tales area... but DON'T POST UNTIL YOU HAVE COMPLETED 10 TURNS BECAUSE EACH EPISODE SHOULD BE 10 TURN IN LENGTH SO OUR LETS PLAYS ARE IN SYNC.

That simply means if someone watches my episode 1 it will span the same turn amount as my episode 1. I will link to everyones individual lets play topics in the second/first post of the tracker thread.

OK. That's what I thought. I just wanted to make sure. I wish we had the "professor" smiley, because one thing I want to do is point out in how many ways the game has changed since I wrote up my last LP which was using v16. I also may highlight my own contributions to the mod -- the LP was done before I became a contributor.

Wait so at the 10th turn won't we know what you did on your last turn (being the 10th turn)?

What would be better is just a 10 turn delay. Once you reach turn 10 your start posting posting turn 1. And the just keep going so your episodes are always 10 turns behind your actual game turn.

Turn 1 = Nothing
Turn 2 = Nothing
Turn 3 = Nothing
Turn 4 = Nothing
Turn 5 = Nothing
Turn 6 = Nothing
Turn 7 = Nothing
Turn 8 = Nothing
Turn 9 = Nothing
Turn 10 = Post Turn 1
Turn 11 = Post Turn 2
Turn 12 = Post Turn 3
Turn 13 = Post Turn 4
Turn 14 = Post Turn 5
Turn 15 = Post Turn 6
Turn 16 = Post Turn 7
Turn 17 = Post Turn 8
Turn 18 = Post Turn 9
Turn 19 = Post Turn 10
Turn 20 = Post Turn 11

And so on ...

Wait so at the 10th turn won't we know what you did on your last turn (being the 10th turn)?

Yeh, I thought we werepstng 10 turns behind. So first ten on turn twenty etc. (I was actually plan if on doing a small update for each turn, but ten behind, so turn 1 when we are playing turn 11, and so on). Just so long as everyone posts nothing from the most recent ten turns, but keeps up (in bathces or otherwise) to that we'll be adequately in sync.

So, what are we all going to agree to name the mod folder? Because I'm going to be keeping my Caveman2Cosmos folder for the latest SVN and for development. Should we all name it C2C MP or something?

Koshling posted a page back to my question about it to Name the new Mod folder C2C MP. So Yes and keep the 'space" between the C2C and MP.

JosEPh

Yeh, I thought we werepstng 10 turns behind. So first ten on turn twenty etc. (I was actually plan if on doing a small update for each turn, but ten behind, so turn 1 when we are playing turn 11, and so on). Just so long as everyone posts nothing from the most recent ten turns, but keeps up (in bathces or otherwise) to that we'll be adequately in sync.

That's going to lead to a lot of really short updates. I think 10 turns at once would work better.

Sorry, its taking forever to download so Ill take my turn in 8 hour :(

But on turn 11 post episode 1 in a single post consisting of turns 1-10. At turn 21 post episode 2 consisting of turn 11-20 and so on.

Do this because the tracker thread will be linking to your individual episodes which should consist of a single post in your lets play thread. (look at post 2 of the tracker thread). So don't split your episodes up into multiple posts! An episode with all screenshots and text relating to that episode (10 turns) should all be in the same post. When I link to your episodes I will be linking directly to a single post so make sure its all in that post and not spread out through your topic...

Until turn 10 just slowly write your lets play down in word or wordpad (free). Then you can post it in a new topic on whatever forum you like. Then do the same for the next episode and once your done... Boom post episode 2 (turn 11-20) in a single post in your lets play topic so I can then link to it.

Seriously check out this post so you understand how I will link to your episodes:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=11949205&postcount=2

See? Each episode will have direct links to each individual episode post from within your lets play. Trust me, its the best way for users to view this game!

So on turn 11 there will be only a 1 turn delay? Meaning I get to see what you just did 1 turn ago (aka turn 10)

Yeh, I see that being a problem once we start interacting more strongly in the game. It shouldn't be much of an issue at first, but by turn 50 or so it may well be.

BTW I plan to use google blogs (free, and easy to use, I've used it before) so I can create blog entries as I go, but just not make them public until I want to. No need to do stuff in word pad or anything.

However you wanna do it just. Do your lets play the way you like as long as each episode is 10 turns. Make sure each episode can be viewed from a direct link that users can view if I post it in the episode tracker thread. So:

My episode 1 link will link to a YouTube episode
Someone else's my link to a forum post (yes, direct post! Not general thread/topic).
Koshlings will link to a blog post of sorts...

But all episodes will consist of 10 turns.

To prevent cheating once we get to episode 3 (turn 21-30) we will Post out let's plays exactly one episode behind.

Heres an example:
Immediately after turn 10 - post episode 1 (turns 1-10)
Immediately after turn 20 - post episode 2 (turns 11-20)
Immediately after turn 30 - post episode 3 (turns 21-30)
- point of change
Immediately after turn 50 - post episode 4 (turns 31-40)
Immediately after turn 60 - post episode 5 (turns 41-50)

And so on...

Everyone understand now?

It looks like the User Settings file is all ready set up.

It would be nice if whomever is 2nd (I still can't find the line up) would give a walk thru of How they loaded the save, took their turn and if they hit EoT and then save or save before Eot (I'm a bit unclear on that part). Then how to Commit the save back to the SVN. You modders on the team can help explain that.

Will 12padams load all our names in at game setup, he would have to wouldn't he?

I know so many dumb questions, but I don't want to mess it up either.

JosEPh

I was reading clearly. I was asking why have the delay at your "point of change" why not just start from the beginign with a delay such as ...

- point of change
Immediately after turn 20 - post episode 1 (turns 1-10)
Immediately after turn 30 - post episode 2 (turns 11-20)
Immediately after turn 40 - post episode 3 (turns 21-30)
Immediately after turn 50 - post episode 4 (turns 31-40)
Immediately after turn 60 - post episode 5 (turns 41-50)
And so on...

This way there will not be a huge break between episode 3 and episode 4.

Top Bottom