Master of Mana Xtended

1. How are we supposed to get all the mana types then? I'm playing Amurites, which are supposed to be all about having various mana types, not specializing.
You are not supposed to get all mana types. Having only access to only some specific mana makes the games feel more different.
As Amurites you already start with an additional mana type. You can build mana vaults or find unique improvements, that can give additional. With the extra starting mana, you could easily get a different types of mana as Amurites. You can take a look at the first two screenshots, to see what kind of improvement and building I mean.

2. Is that a city building, or a tile improvement?
It's a city building. Take a look at one of my screenshots.

3. I never saw a pop-up. I cast Spring, and it just auto-targeted the area around my capital.
Maybe it's bugged? Take a look at one of my screenshots, to see, how it should look.

Attachments

• VaulltOfMana.bmp
    5 MB · Views: 240
  • UniqueImprovement.bmp
    5 MB · Views: 462
  • SummonCircle.bmp
    5 MB · Views: 249
  • ChooseLocation.bmp
    5 MB · Views: 312
speaking of magic trees, death line is surprisingly .... nonagressive, especially compared with "life" . skellies are weaker than hosts of the einerjahr - due to various magic buffs. And "mass curse " from death is dissapointingly...inefficient - limited numer of targets - 3.

mind magic diplo bonuses are rather irrelevant - AI attacks you if you are weaker, regardless of diplo stance.

speaking of magic trees, death line is surprisingly .... nonagressive, especially compared with "life" . skellies are weaker than hosts of the einerjahr - due to various magic buffs. And "mass curse " from death is dissapointingly...inefficient - limited numer of targets - 3.
This is an interesting observation.
I nerfed Skellies because it is possible for Death magic civs to create a horde of them from fallen enemies -unlike other types of summon. Maybe I nerfed them too much?
Have you played the end game Death magic enchantments? They should be crippling all of your enemies at once, making it easier for Death civs to wage wars.

mind magic diplo bonuses are rather irrelevant - AI attacks you if you are weaker, regardless of diplo stance.
Yeah, military prowess is important to maintain peace but many leaders (all Good and some Neutral iirc) will never attack you on Friendly. Thus stacking Mind mana might help.

This is an interesting observation.
I nerfed Skellies because it is possible for Death magic civs to create a horde of them from fallen enemies -unlike other types of summon. Maybe I nerfed them too much?
Have you played the end game Death magic enchantments? They should be crippling all of your enemies at once, making it easier for Death civs to wage wars.

life line is mostly buffs, death curses - as it must be, but here comes the catch - curses are resistable.
and dark priest aura applies only to certain units - arcane line only (??) but take a risk with experienced mages at the battle in direct combat - no .

1. How are we supposed to get all the mana types then? I'm playing Amurites, which are supposed to be all about having various mana types, not specializing.
- attack a civ that has build mana nodes of a type you don't have and take their mana node.
- kill a civ, take it's last city / capital : you get its' civ's mana.
- get ownership of a natural wonder that gives mana (pyre of seraphic for fire, ...etc; there is one natural wonder for each type of mana)
- if you have chosen the "wild mana" or "mana guardian" options you can find "aspected" mana nodes on the map
- some guild wonders give mana (a tree wonder in hunting ..Etc)
- Arcane guild has its 4th or 5th guild-tech that enable to build some one mana tower per schola-arcane district cities (to give you 1 mana ; you can chose mana types you do not already have in possession).

hope that helps.

Just to keep the thread alive.
Here is the new version of the Erebus map.

Last edited:
for the sake of clarity - this is worldbuilder save: 1. start master of mana, set options 2. start the game ( maps, civs, whatever - irrelevant ) 3. open worlbuilder 4. click on "load" from maps screen and this save.

for the sake of clarity - this is worldbuilder save: 1. start master of mana, set options 2. start the game ( maps, civs, whatever - irrelevant ) 3. open worlbuilder 4. click on "load" from maps screen and this save.

Right. There are probably more ways how to do it. I've got the file stored in the following folder: Beyond the Sword/_Civ4Saves/Worldbuilder.
In the game simply load it as a Scenario(Single Player - Play a Scenario).

Hello gentlemen.

Is there any new update planned soon for this great modmod ?
Is there any guy who play it in multiplayer ?

Hi, all!

I am working on Epic Destiny but it requires more works than I thought. A lot more works since the code is everywhere.

At first I want to release the next version after I have completed all Epic Destinies but I might change that into releasing the next version after finishing Epic Destinies of several civs.

If you have ideas on particular civs, please write them down here!

Hi, all!

I am working on Epic Destiny but it requires more works than I thought. A lot more works since the code is everywhere.

At first I want to release the next version after I have completed all Epic Destinies but I might change that into releasing the next version after finishing Epic Destinies of several civs.

That's great to hear esvath. Thanks for all the hard work!

By the way I have a question concerning the game mechanics. Is there a unit amount limitation for players in the game? I'm no longer allowed to build military units after I reach certain quantity. The AI can build them infinitely though.

By the way I have a question concerning the game mechanics. Is there a unit amount limitation for players in the game? I'm no longer allowed to build military units after I reach certain quantity. The AI can build them infinitely though.

Yes, there is a limitation. The amount of units you can build is indicated in the top left corner, to the right of your money count. You can increase this number by building military buildings, some magical enchantments or some civics. I don't know, whether the AI is affected by this limitation.

Hi, all!

Thank you very much for your work!

I am too awaiting this epic destiny patch eagerly. It will make me play all civs with them again :D

Yes, there is a limitation. The amount of units you can build is indicated in the top left corner, to the right of your money count. You can increase this number by building military buildings, some magical enchantments or some civics. I don't know, whether the AI is affected by this limitation.

Thanks. I was a bit confused because that doesn't really apply to the Sidar.

I really think the AI should have the same limitation as the players(I suppose the AI doesn't have it). The barbarians should definitely be limited.

It would also be nice to have some sort of international market for resouces. Something where you could buy/exchange wood, stone, metal, etc.

I had a really fun game as Calabim the other day, but I was spawned in a desolate area and therefore forced to learn nature magic for the lumber. I had plenty of mana income but casting summon lumber pretty much every turn got quite tedious. A resource market would be great, but perhaps it would be easier to have a trader unit who could be bought with one resource and then consumed for another - maybe at a foreign city or relevant location (woods, hills, tundra etc)

ok newly registered here after successfully avoiding it for over a decade but after this latest iteration of master of mana i cant get the thing to intitialise, followed the steps everything looked fine but still getting GFC Error: failed to initialize primary control theme. whats the options here??

Top Bottom