1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Master of Mana Xtended

Discussion in 'Wildmana Modmod' started by esvath, Jan 26, 2015.

1. BlackArchon

BlackArchon Warlord

Esvath, please add to the todo list:
    * CvGameTextMgr.cpp: change TerrainList.append(gDLL->getText("TXT_KEY_UNIT_HILLS_STRENGTH_MODIS", pUnit->cityAttackModifier())); to TerrainList.append(gDLL->getText("TXT_KEY_UNIT_HILLS_STRENGTH_MODIS", pUnit->hillsAttackModifier()));

Sorry to kind of abuse this thread as a todo list - should I rather start a new thread for these todos? As soon as I can compile a DLL I can fix these things immediately, but now this is a good way to not forget these smaller fixes.

2. esvath

esvath Apprentice of Erebus

It's alright.

I think it is better to use this thread for to do list rather than opening new one. We could always opening new thread when we released the next version :lol:

3. Randomness

Randomness ...

I can't grow my population when my city is unhappy. I've made sure stagnate growth is toggled off (actually I tried both with it off and on), but my city won't grow. It kinda makes Slavery and the Calabim unplayable :(

4. BlackArchon

BlackArchon Warlord

Ok. :)

In number 1 of your todo list, you can add the Frozen to the civs which need to be converted to the new mechanics.

5. GIR

GIR It'sNotStupidIt'sAdvanced

how exactly do guilds work.
    in my current game i chose ranger's guild but now i really like to found a religion, but it seems that i only can "research"/find a religion by choosing the priest chapter.
    is there later in the game a chance to chose another guild..?

6. Divvu

Divvu Warlord

Hi Esvath! And many many thanks for keeping this alive... you probably do not remember me but I was a old time poster on the old boards, both official and on the MoM site.
    I was really scared when I noticed the site disappearing, I have less and less time to play nowadays and I used to check back each 3-4 months for updates...

That brings me to my question... What happened? Has the main MoM been abandoned?
    If you're in no position, or simply don't want to answer I can understand, this is a public board after all. But I would like to know after following development for so many years

(I still remember when Kael was proud of his "Hill Giants", actually resized vanilla warriors:p)

7. esvath

To adopt a Guild:
    You need to research a tech that has "One guild spread" in its description. It is usually an economy tech (Barter, Currency, Trade, Guilds) and another two at construction line of tech (Crafting and Construction, iirc).

To advance a Guild:
    You need to acquire a certain amount of empire culture, through culture per turn income or through a Great Bard "Tale of Legend" ability. If you have a unit with Bard class, you will get empire culture each time it wins a battle (consider this as the Bard compose a song praising his battle).
    Popping culture or gaining culture in any other ways won't give you empire culture.
    If your empire culture has reached the necessary amount, there will be icons on your main screen, at the left part.

To get a religion:
    Research a guild-opening tech, then choose Priest Chapter.

To get a religion Sacred Knowledge:
    You have to have a state religion.
    Half of your faith income will be accumulated and after a certain amount, you will automatically gain a Sacred Knowledge.

I don't know what had happened either, there had not been news for quite a time. So, I guess the development of vanilla MoM is on hiatus at best.

8. esvath

I added the Frozen to the list.

But, is there anyone who still play as the Frozen?

9. BlackArchon

BlackArchon Warlord

I tried it today (played as the Illians and created Liberation, then switched to them), but after I saw their units, I reloaded my game from the turn before I finished this project and continued as the Illians. ;)

10. GIR

thx

is it possible to get two or more religions or can i only find one religion?
    also how does holy citeies work?

11. esvath

:lol:

I'll put the Frozen to the last in "To do civ list".

Actually, the one with best graphic is Aristarkh. tesb also created many unique mechanics for them. Maybe I'll start from there.

I'll start the work on the remaining civs next week.

It is possible to get a second religion because Dogma will allow you to choose another religion.

However, if you switch to the second religion, you'll lose all accumulated faith point, will have to attain Sacred Knowledge from beginning and lose the benefits of some miracles from the first religion.

Atm, even temples require your state religion but I might change this because in my working version, Spiritual is changed. (I just want to avoid a trait that gives +1 :) to all temples. That would be too easy to abuse).

Holy cities are automatically being founded on turn 230 in a random civ with that religion as the state religion. Higher faith accumulated in that civ will give higher probability, iirc.

However, we (I, BlackArchon and LordShaggynator) would like to change this. Maybe a holy city will automatically be founded when a civ attain second level Sacred Knowledge.

12. Malis09

Malis09 Chieftain

I've been playing Master of Mana for a long time now with my friends, but we can't seem to get the mod to load correctly when trying to join multiplayer games now that the servers have been migrated to steamworks. We can join each other's games through the steam buddy system, but when we do, it just loads BTS instead of MoM, and therefore we cannot properly select MoM leaders. Is there a solution for this problem?

13. Malis09

Malis09 Chieftain

Actually, nevermind. I figured it out. If there's anyone who doesn't know, the solution is to open the properties for BTS, select "Set Launch Options," and type in "mod=\Master of Mana"

14. GIR

is there still a way to have a city with radius=3?

15. sungchiahao

sungchiahao Chieftain

Kuriotates get city with radius=3

16. BlackArchon

BlackArchon Warlord

There is the state wonder "City of a Thousand Slums" which extends the city's radius to 3.
    Or you play as the Kuriotates, then every city has a radius of 3.

17. Alexej

Alexej Prince

Long years we lived in peace and prosperity. We built our beloved libraries
    and craftsmen workshops, mined precious metals and guarded our borders. Four
    cities we raised on Erebus, Ithralia gem amongst them. We have rich fields
    giving us more food we can eat. Our neigbours were bannor and they were nice
    and kind to us from start. When the Clan, savage and clad it rusty armours
    invaded their lands, they called for help and we came. Better is neighbour you
    know for years, and humans are far more acceptable than orcs. Barnaxus led force
    of wood golems into lands of Tethira and slew many of their enemies. He became
    known as Orcslayer and Furious Blade. Our own cities were attacked as response
    from orc warlord Jonas. But we love our cities, and our plate armoured artificers
    with sturdy tower shields are too much for them to breach. Now we constructed
    first of gargoyles and let me ask you? Have you seen blade able to bite solid
    stone? We are not afraid of clan, nor we let Bannor fall... Rantine has to die and
    mighty blade of Barnaxus is sharp. He seeks duel to prove there is no greater hero
    on face of Erebus. We believe in our champion and we know Jonas will need to find
    a new one.

I do apologize for my somewhat weak english but i had to share :) I love this
    mod it can consume and "enchant" me more than AOW3 which i also love to play
    (mp with girlfriend)

18. esvath

This is cool! Can I edit it a little bit and include it somewhere in the pedia? Perhaps for Luchuirp's one of the new leaders? Which leader did you use?

Yeah, I like AOW3 (and we'll get new expansion, yay!) but it lacks deep empire management, something that MoMana has.

19. Alexej

Alexej Prince

Kish Rika, scientific one, You can do whatever you like with my posts for what fun you provide to me through this mod :)

Yes i like deeper and complex management, but it makes me play it alone cause girlfriend likes simpler aow far more. Yes new dlc with tigrans and frostlings. Hope more people will buy it to let developers improve it even more

20. esvath

Cool! I will make a thread for collecting pedia entries.

If you have other writings about leaders, units, promotions, anything, just drop them there.