Master of Mana Xtended

I can't grow my population when my city is unhappy. I've made sure stagnate growth is toggled off (actually I tried both with it off and on), but my city won't grow. It kinda makes Slavery and the Calabim unplayable :(

That is strange, I just tried to grow my population beyond the happy cap several times, using several different civs and I could do that just fine.

Maybe your food income was spent for the unhappy citizen?

I quickly WB myself an unhappy city and made sure it had lots of food and made sure stagnate city was toggled off, but the city won't grow.

Spoiler :

I see the problem. In the city screen, to the right of the happy < unhappy indicator is selected.
That is the "avoid angry citizen toggle". The one above it is the "avoid unhealthy toggle"
Unselect that and it should grow and make angry citizens!!

Esvath, Barnaxus indeed slew Rantine and my heavy armoured artificers took down like five to seven brutes each defending cities but without cheating i cant hold cities. Those brutes are +30% city attack and break enemy formation. They were born to conquer (like it should be I guess). Gargoyles were not that good (even with their nice fortify bonus) as i thought, slingers killed more attackers.

Next game ill try to focus on improved slingers instead from start.

@Randomness: as what sungchiahao has said, you need to deactivate the bottom toggle.

@alexej: have you tried to upgrade the Artificer promotions that boost golems? They have plenty, that is their main purpose: to boost golems.

Unlike other civs' units, Luchuirp units do not get free strength from tech (since golems are not alive and Artificers are not training for battle). You will lost in mid and late game if you do not choose golem-enhancing promotions OR beeline to stonger golems (but then you need to spend hammer to build the new golems).

Yes that might be cause too... I wanted them to be good defenders first and saved golem enhancing auras for later :D

Question on city maintenance. The city screen has a population > 10 cost, but the financial screen has the distance to palace cost. They don't seem to correlate. Is there missing calculation somewhere?

Me and a friend has been trying to play the last version in hotseat, 2 games so far. one ended in eternal loop at turn 130, and the other at crash to desktop at a later turn, like 170 or so.

Both of them could not be avoided by going back in a few turns.

Since you cannot use world builder to look for issues on a multiplayer game, is there anything to do?

Is it normally python issues that causes this, or c++ code if I wanna try debugging it?

Can anyone help, or give tips what to do?

Me and a friend has been trying to play the last version in hotseat, 2 games so far. one ended in eternal loop at turn 130, and the other at crash to desktop at a later turn, like 170 or so.

Both of them could not be avoided by going back in a few turns.

Since you cannot use world builder to look for issues on a multiplayer game, is there anything to do?

Is it normally python issues that causes this, or c++ code if I wanna try debugging it?

Can anyone help, or give tips what to do?

Do you have AI Kuriotates in the game? If yes, that might the problem.

I couldn't help much, sorry. I don't play MP and don't know about c++ modding either. Maybe BlackArchon or other more experienced modder could help in MP.

Question on city maintenance. The city screen has a population > 10 cost, but the financial screen has the distance to palace cost. They don't seem to correlate. Is there missing calculation somewhere?

Sorry, I havent been able to check for this. I got a busy week. I'll check on this today.

Do you have AI Kuriotates in the game? If yes, that might the problem.

I couldn't help much, sorry. I don't play MP and don't know about c++ modding either. Maybe BlackArchon or other more experienced modder could help in MP.

Yeah, there is an AI kuriotes in the game. Is it them that causes issues?

In my games, AI Kuriotates sometime makes crashes. I suspect that it has to do with their AI tries to build more cities but unable to because they already reached max number of cities -thus I tried to prevent Kuriotates for producing more settlers. But apparently the issue is still there.

Or, my assumption is entirely false :(

Could you try a new game without Kuriotates?

Not playing right now, but I just wanted to say that I'm really glad you're continuing to work on Xtended Esvath. I'll definitely download this and try a game or 10 when my schedule is easier.

I have the folder named Master of Mana and the error still shows up. Unless I misunderstand what is supposed to be named that. Does this require the FfH2 base mod to work?

In my games, AI Kuriotates sometime makes crashes. I suspect that it has to do with their AI tries to build more cities but unable to because they already reached max number of cities -thus I tried to prevent Kuriotates for producing more settlers. But apparently the issue is still there.

Or, my assumption is entirely false :(

Could you try a new game without Kuriotates?

I have a game started now in singe player without kuriotes that I will see how it goes. I will report the result.

Anyway, I told you before on the Age of Wonders 3 forum, I appreciate your efforts into this. ;)

@Esvath

Wonderful job!

I have Been playing an incarnation of this mod for a few years and your hard work has produced a gem. Much appreciated. Its a shame the other site went down a couple months ago because the progress and Ideas brought to the mod were beyond a standalone "AAA" title.

Please continue this great service as time allows you if that is your plan.

Eleven

Not playing right now, but I just wanted to say that I'm really glad you're continuing to work on Xtended Esvath. I'll definitely download this and try a game or 10 when my schedule is easier.

Thanks! Have fun and share with us your thoughts/exp with Xtended!

@Esvath

Wonderful job!

I have Been playing an incarnation of this mod for a few years and your hard work has produced a gem. Much appreciated. Its a shame the other site went down a couple months ago because the progress and Ideas brought to the mod were beyond a standalone "AAA" title.

Please continue this great service as time allows you if that is your plan.

Eleven

Thanks, Eleven! I hope you have great games to play!

wow, i stopped playing civ4 and ffh2 + its modmods a few years ago but now i'm totally addicted again. it is really a great mod! unbelievable! :goodjob:
good bye rl for the next few weeks - i have to finish this marathon game... :cry:
i even started python modding again - oh the memories... gives me a warm feeling inside :lol:

I couldn't cure myself from MoMana addiction :lol: Modding Xtended has become a kind of meditative rituals for me. It relieves my stress :lol:

Welcome back, and share your thoughts here :)

I have a game started now in singe player without kuriotes that I will see how it goes. I will report the result.

Anyway, I told you before on the Age of Wonders 3 forum, I appreciate your efforts into this. ;)

Thank you, I hope you don't have more errors. In my single-player games, I can finish all of them with perhaps Memory Allocation Failure once or twice when it is getting toward the end of the game (turn 300-400-ish).

I have the folder named Master of Mana and the error still shows up. Unless I misunderstand what is supposed to be named that. Does this require the FfH2 base mod to work?

It does not require FfH.

Could you try to rename the Master of Mana Xtended folder into Master of Mana and see whether it works?

Top Bottom