Master of Mana Xtended

It does not move at the moment no. But dead means will never move again, not sure about that, but right now there is nothing going on but real life crap and noone new willing to contribute.

sorry to hear that. Tried a few months ago to start a game after a fresh dl here, but got only error messages. have to try it again soon and will give some feedback here. Hope there will be someone to continue your great work, guys, I really appreciated it. Does anyone know what happened with Sephi? Any news?

Greez, keep it comin',

Tschuggi

sorry to hear that. Tried a few months ago to start a game after a fresh dl here, but got only error messages. have to try it again soon and will give some feedback here. Hope there will be someone to continue your great work, guys, I really appreciated it. Does anyone know what happened with Sephi? Any news?

Greez, keep it comin',

Tschuggi

Sephi just disappeared and then the website was hacked and taken down, last I know he was committing to another game project, totally unrelated. But I came in after he had left already.

dll issues, either there was stuff left in your user catalog or there was no "master of mana" folder there as well, the new version needed the old version folder named as such. Also something to fix, hehe

I'm also getting the "GFC error: failed to initialize primary control theme" problem. Installed as per instructions into the main directory. It doesn't run 2.11 Vanilla by itself either.

When I move the mod file to the My documents directory, I get about 100 variations of something like "Tag: TRAIT_USURPER in info class was incorrect Current XML file is; xml\Civilization/CIV4LeaderHeadInfos.xml". Is it something I am doing wrong? Cause I have reinstalled the game multiple times in multiple different directories, and I have tried a few fix's I could track down.

When I move the mod file to the My documents directory, I get about 100 variations of something like "Tag: TRAIT_USURPER in info class was incorrect Current XML file is; xml\Civilization/CIV4LeaderHeadInfos.xml". Is it something I am doing wrong? Cause I have reinstalled the game multiple times in multiple different directories, and I have tried a few fix's I could track down.

You need to put the mod file into the following directory:
"C:\Programme\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods"
The My documents Civ directory is only for savegames and things like that.
And have you checked out the 2nd and 3rd post of this thread concerning the error message "GFC error: failed to initialize primary control theme"? If not, renaming the folder might solve your problem.

For some reason every game i play crashes consistently about 10-20 turns after turn 400, what gives?

Sephi just disappeared and then the website was hacked and taken down, last I know he was committing to another game project, totally unrelated. But I came in after he had left already.

now you got me curious, what's that totally unrelated project he was committing to? post a link if you got any please :)

well, even there, it's been 6 months that he hadn't committed

well, even there, it's been 6 months that he hadn't committed

It's a shame. MoM is the most interesting iteration of FFH2, by far.

I wasn't sure if I liked some of the stuff in 3.0's beta release. But the late version 2 stuff... take the barbarian stuff out and it's probably my favorite civ4 mod. It always felt to me that you were fighting the barbs too far into the mid-game. It took away from fighting the civs.

It's a shame. MoM is the most interesting iteration of FFH2, by far.

I wasn't sure if I liked some of the stuff in 3.0's beta release. But the late version 2 stuff... take the barbarian stuff out and it's probably my favorite civ4 mod. It always felt to me that you were fighting the barbs too far into the mid-game. It took away from fighting the civs.
I have to confess that I am a bit lost on what each version was exactly.

I never tested the newest version, with mega-units or something.

I finished only with the last version that was compatible with Xtended.

one of the main issues I had with MoM is that often a feature was not finished before going for another feature that again changed the balance.. (but Xtended filled in the gaps... but it was less polished)

I think that's what ultimately led to the project being abandoned, it was just overly ambitious for a single guy handling all the coding

I have to confess that I am a bit lost on what each version was exactly.

I never tested the newest version, with mega-units or something.

I finished only with the last version that was compatible with Xtended.

one of the main issues I had with MoM is that often a feature was not finished before going for another feature that again changed the balance.. (but Xtended filled in the gaps... but it was less polished)

A lot of people liked the wilderness, that was there since like 1.2 I believe. I didn't because it meant that you were very stuck in place until late game. Using the old unit combat stats, you would be getting str 8 champions with bronze and there would be multiple str 22-24 beasts between you and the other civs.

Then with 2.11, the version we use came the new barbarian forts, with the Threaten/Bribe/Ignore/Taunt events. These are cool, but the relative combat str of them is silly. They send multiple STR 11-12 units into your territory where you probably have str 7 or 8 available UNLESS you rush warrior cast... so you are kind of shoehorned into taking warrior caste very early. Compare with normal FFH2 - you have Str3 warriors, and the barbs are STR 2-3. So you still need to invest in fighting them... but you can do so with production and use beakers for something else.

I find the early game in MoM way more boring than it SHOULD be because of this. Meanwhile, the guilds/religion stuff is on point especially in extended. But the barbarian stuff cripples the AI, so once you have 4 cities you've basically won the game.

A lot of people liked the wilderness, that was there since like 1.2 I believe. I didn't because it meant that you were very stuck in place until late game. Using the old unit combat stats, you would be getting str 8 champions with bronze and there would be multiple str 22-24 beasts between you and the other civs.

Then with 2.11, the version we use came the new barbarian forts, with the Threaten/Bribe/Ignore/Taunt events. These are cool, but the relative combat str of them is silly. They send multiple STR 11-12 units into your territory where you probably have str 7 or 8 available UNLESS you rush warrior cast... so you are kind of shoehorned into taking warrior caste very early. Compare with normal FFH2 - you have Str3 warriors, and the barbs are STR 2-3. So you still need to invest in fighting them... but you can do so with production and use beakers for something else.

I find the early game in MoM way more boring than it SHOULD be because of this. Meanwhile, the guilds/religion stuff is on point especially in extended. But the barbarian stuff cripples the AI, so once you have 4 cities you've basically won the game.

I believe that diference between your units and barbarians Str was intended: magic plays a huge role on this mod, that gap leaves space for it. the problem was the AI, which "does not know" to use it

I have to disagree here. Magic can and does play a big role... but this is making it play too big of a role. For Civs like the Dovello, Hippus and Khazzad this is a huge thematic issue. You shouldn't be forced just to clean up barbs in your area.

And you should be able to fight simple barbs with hammers instead of beakers and spellbooks. I want to fight other civs. By the time I have cleared the last barb camp between me and my nearest opponent, I have basically won the game.

that problem: "By the time I have cleared the last barb camp between me and my nearest opponent, I have basically won the game". Because AI does not use magic as it should be used, they cant destroy the barb forts as fast as they should and get their expanse crippled and/or delayed.

I never played those 3 civs. I like this system: I get the wilderness/mayhem feelings surrounding my faction. For sure some things need balance. But the magic/ world enchantments/ building resources/ magic research its what makes this mod unique

that problem: "By the time I have cleared the last barb camp between me and my nearest opponent, I have basically won the game". Because AI does not use magic as it should be used, they cant destroy the barb forts as fast as they should and get their expanse crippled and/or delayed.

I never played those 3 civs. I like this system: I get the wilderness/mayhem feelings surrounding my faction. For sure some things need balance. But the magic/ world enchantments/ building resources/ magic research its what makes this mod unique

How do you suggest a civ that starts with life or nature mana use magic to efficiently clear forts?

I was playing around and on turn 110 I had a 46 STR barb. We have these "options" to bribe them that are really just false choice that takes you from not being able to deal with 18 str goblin archers to instead not being able to deal with 46 str goblin archers? Is that really a choice?

Every mage unit starts with a standart magic spell and later earns a specific magic spell from their magic school.

I remember playing as Ljosalfar (nature), easiest game, very fun to play. Full archery, that flurrier unit is op.

I play marathon/epic games, always spam magic spells with the magic units for xp amd pick up the easy targets with the heroe.

I never got in such a position as you described. One of main civilization tatics: if the enemy is stronger bunk your units behind a wall. Oh I forgot Khazad were the dwarfs, I enjoyed it aswell: mine spam, units full geared, alot of hammer production.

I play marathon/epic games

I think that answered my question.

The Barb's advancement is somehow tied to game speed. So this is probably why you are not seeing the STR increase on them the rate I am on normal speeds.

The base magic spell is very weak and by the time you can get enough extra targets on it to damage a stack, I'm looking down at 30+ str barbs, who are still more than enough to take out my units after they've reached the cap on the magic's damage.

I think that answered my question.

The Barb's advancement is somehow tied to game speed. So this is probably why you are not seeing the STR increase on them the rate I am on normal speeds.

That would be in line with my observations as well.

In case anyone is interested in adjusting barb progression speed, you might want to take a look at : http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=547167

Top Bottom