Master of Mana Xtended

Does no-one else have the problem of the game crashing on certain turns? I can't really play the mod in the lategame because the game always crashes.

Yes, I have a crash at least in two campaigns - always in certain turn.

@liosalpha
It happens when you pick up random (good|neutral|bad) leaders when defining custom game settings. They are bugged and would end up with no civ at that spot.

Im new to this mod, love the variety it offers, however, I came along several major balance issues. Is there any rebalancing/development going on?

List of a few game breaking ones:
1. Insanely overpowered slavers guild. Buying slaves with 150 gold to get 180 production? Seriously? Not even speaking about constant free slave flow from farming barbarians. This production must be cut by at least 3 times. In conjunction with +6 units per any city, it beats any other guild by soooo much. Oh, and all that requires just the first 3 slavery techs, making it available from just about beginning. If you take just first 3 techs, you can even get away from unhappiness! Who would even bother to build noble districts without the need to use them for hiring more army? Nah, you would just use merchants district -> grand trading/warehouse districts all over the empire. AI can do literally nothing at diety to stop you when you do this.

2. Bard units. In my previous game, a single unit been generating 3 times more culture than my entire empire per turn by the turn 500 marathon, with most available buildings already built in cities. I had around 5 such units. Game breaking, especially when used by a freelancer unit.

3. Constantly spawning barbarians in lairs. What would make you destroy a lair and cut the never ending flow of experience, free promotions, culture, gold (bounty hunters), slaves? What would make your leveled this way units lose a war against any AI? In my previous game on deity I killed all the 10 enemy civs without losing 1(!) unit in battle. Either barbarians spawn rate should be greatly reduced, or the AI should be taught to use such training, or all AI units should just get bonus exp every other turn to compensate.

4. Religions grant very uneven economic benefits. How would you even compare Order with say Empyrean? The first allows literally endless cheap expansion by cutting the maintenance costs in cities by up to 100% (with courts and life mana enchantment), while second is mostly useful for it 20% culture/research temples. The civics are also like that - order civic is extremely useful for any civ, while liberty with its +200% maintanance from number of cities.. is it only meant to be used by Dural or what?

Those are the major, but I found lot of smaller balance issues during just few games. I got some coding skills, but have no knowledge regarding where to edit what to change prices, yields, etc. Could probably help with rebalancing for next patch, if anyone could point me at the relevant information.

Sadly there is no development going on atm. You are right there is some major rebalancing needed to nerf some OP strategies.

I really love this amazing mod but i can't spare the time and would propably lack the skills to develop it further. I still hope someone will, but i doubt.

Hi, tried to make a patch for the changes that has happened last year, even if there is not any large changes, mostly bugfixes and the climate area maps and slight rebalancing.

Just unzip into the assets folder in your master of mana folder. Hopefully it should work then, but I cannot test this due to my weird setup for coding.

The zip is attached to the message.

Attachments

• XtendedPatch.zip
    8.1 MB · Views: 152
Tried the patch, so far it seems good, might've actually fixed the CTD i had with certain turns.

However barbarians seem to be spawning new camps to areas that are visible, even when i don't have Raging Barbarians on in the game settings. Is this intentional?

My friend and I tried to download ur mod (Master of Mana + Extended 3.0) and it didn't work.

He uses a steam version of BTS and I use a CD version of BTS.

I've downloaded and copied as instructed but I CTD if I try to load the Mod, either directly from the desktop or if I run Civ 4 first and then tell it to load MoM.

Specifically if changes to the Basic color set, waits a few seconds, and changes back. And that's all.

I've downloaded and copied as instructed but I CTD if I try to load the Mod, either directly from the desktop or if I run Civ 4 first and then tell it to load MoM.

Specifically if changes to the Basic color set, waits a few seconds, and changes back. And that's all.

1) Are you using the latest version of Xtended? You can get it here.

2) Which version of BTS are you using? Steam version has different install path.

Usually, errors mean the mod is installed in wrong path. Can you make sure that the mod is in its correct path? The Xtended folder is inside Modules/NormalModules for the example?

Xtended is at: C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Master of Mana\Assets\Modules\NormalModules

I've tried deleting and reinstalling the mod, but no change.

Bizarre, I had already run what was supposed to be an update to 3.19. But when I DL'd and ran yours, now it works...

Thanks

Bizarre, I had already run what was supposed to be an update to 3.19. But when I DL'd and ran yours, now it works...

Thanks
Glad it helps!
IIRC, the patch is required for CD version becaus other 3.19 patches are missing something (don't know exactly what).

hey there,

must be doing something wrong.. but i can't get it to work. MoM loads fine, but when i move the assests folder and overwrite the MoM assests folder and startup i get all kinds of exceptions during load. You do mean move and replace right? got both from the links in the first post (Xtended5.5)

cheers in advance, can't wait to get back into MoM after all this time :)

I got the dll to compile with a bit of work. There was an error about "tbb.lib", so I used wingrep to find and delete all traces of that in the makefile and source. It seemed to be doing nothing useful anyway.

By the way, using that dll breaks save game compatibility. I can't even guess why.

The pedia entries for quarry and watermill still need updating to say that they give +1 production to adjacent cottages, and pasture gives +1 to workshop. Anyone that has not looked at the source will be quite clueless about those.

Last edited:
Top Bottom