Mastery Victory

I keep getting a runtime error message. Trying to run Thorn's mod that is.

Can anyone help me with this? What causes this and what are the solutions??

Other mods for 2.08 run OK.

I can run 'look and feel' mod, Realism mod, and Jayugh mod all on 2.08 so it's not the base game.
I got 7 zip and used it to unzip the mod but still get this error message.
As I dont know what a runtime error is I cant be much help.

Attachments

• error screen.png
    error screen.png
    21.4 KB · Views: 264
Did all that, still no luck. I'll keep trying but at the moment I'm stumped :confused:

I've updated the Warlords Mastery Mod. The new version is 1.1 and can be found here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=4143

Changes:
Warlords Mastery v1.1

- Added player's Civ name to victory screen
- Added the rest of the Civ's scores to the victory screen (if met)
- Show player's Mastery info without Rival Civilization's if haven't met yet
- Recompiled CvGameCore.dll to reduce size

Future Plans
- Work UN into scoring system?

and some jerk from the most impoverished and technologically backwards dictatorial nation on the planet gets voted president of the UN and is declared the winner? Bah.

What is the problem? - ! That is real life. lol

Great mod by the way.

Sounds like the original poster just wants a revamp of scoring and time limit victory to include points for the other victory conditions; that makes sense. My kneejerk reaction is: why not just disable the victory conditions you don't like? I'm new to Civ IV, but I know you can disable victory conditions in custom games. I'm surprised to infer then that they do not give points toward score when completed (even though disabled)

Great mod! But can't being the leader of UN count as 50 or so points aswell?

Or if you can tell me how to code it that way myself would be great.

Thorn, just a note to say I got it going. I had reinstalled Warlords a few weeks ago and forgot to upgrade to 2.08, Duh. Sorry to clog the thread with this silly problem.
The game I started is going well as it usually does with mastery victory condition.

Actually, having just read up a bit more on this, *please* include the Better AI mod! I'm greatly enjoying the Mastery Victory, but anything to make the AI better would be great IMO.

To fit the flavour of the core part of the scoring system:

A player's score is a sum of your domain scores.

Each scoring method is based off either a time-stretch or a percentage of achievements over the world's history.

Technology: The percentage of world technologies discovered by your civilization.
Culture: The cumulative sum of your culture share.
Power: The cumulative sum of your military power share.
Spaceship: The cumulative sum of "I have a space ship".
Economy: The cumulative sum of your GDP share and Production share.
Wonders: Your share of wonders built.

By changing many things to share instead of sum, it means that the beginning game is about more than just setting up for the end game.

If the Egyptians are a mighty civilization for the first half of the game, their achievements don't fade to meaninglessness just because their civilization falls. You, as a player, can't play completely for the long game, because if you do other civilizations can build up too much of a lead...

:)

THIS is the kind of stuff the developers at Firaxis should be thinking of. Civ-ically genius.

Any chance of getting the mastery victory for Beyond the Sword? Maybe the corporations could play a role ...

Alright, obviously people don't read the previous posts...so I'm going to have to reiterate this again.

Sevo, a long time Civ modder and creator of the Master Victory no longer supports this mod. Life events have made it that Sevo no longer has much time on his hands and cannot dedicate the necessary time to his Civ projects.

That being said, several other modders have taken the Mastery Victory mod and included it in their mods along with several other sub-mods.

Someone mentioned Better AI, for example, the ViSa 3.0 mod pack integrates the Master Victory Mod for Warlords along with the BetterAI mod.

For Beyond the Sword, a collaborative effort is currently under way on a project called WoC (World of Civilization) which is a culmination of all of the best Civ modders and mod packs introduced into a truly modular environment allowing the user to choose which mods he wishes to use and which he wishes to leave aside.

In this new venture (WoC) Master Victory and BetterAI are included for Beyond the Sword. Both ViSa and WoC can be found on this forum.

Alright, obviously people don't read the previous posts...so I'm going to have to reiterate this again.

Sevo, a long time Civ modder and creator of the Master Victory no longer supports this mod. Life events have made it that Sevo no longer has much time on his hands and cannot dedicate the necessary time to his Civ projects.

That being said, several other modders have taken the Mastery Victory mod and included it in their mods along with several other sub-mods.

Someone mentioned Better AI, for example, the ViSa 3.0 mod pack integrates the Master Victory Mod for Warlords along with the BetterAI mod.

For Beyond the Sword, a collaborative effort is currently under way on a project called WoC (World of Civilization) which is a culmination of all of the best Civ modders and mod packs introduced into a truly modular environment allowing the user to choose which mods he wishes to use and which he wishes to leave aside.

In this new venture (WoC) Master Victory and BetterAI are included for Beyond the Sword. Both ViSa and WoC can be found on this forum.

World of Civilization does not currently include Mastery Victory for BtS.

Top Bottom