Mastery Victory

Somebody needs to pick it up and adapt it to Warlords. Sevo is out for good apparantly, and he wont mind if someone does it I'm sure.
Warlords mastery would be so interesting.

Somebody needs to pick it up and adapt it to Warlords. Sevo is out for good apparantly, and he wont mind if someone does it I'm sure.
Warlords mastery would be so interesting.

I am willing to look at doing a Warlords port of this mod if I can get the source code. In a private message last week, Sevo said he was looking for it. If he sends it to me or posts it here, I can see what would be involved.

Eusebius

I am willing to look at doing a Warlords port of this mod if I can get the source code. In a private message last week, Sevo said he was looking for it. If he sends it to me or posts it here, I can see what would be involved.

Eusebius

If you download the file from the link in the first post it includes a zip file called Mastery_SDK.ZIP that contains source code ;)

Sevo, exelent idea! This is what I dreamed about :mischief:
Hope sometime it will be incorporated with ViSa mod.

As listed in the ViSa Thread, it is a part of v3.0 and in fact we have merged some of it already...and the G Era source code I just got has it as well.

I have two (negative) comments:

1. You get bonus from the space ship only if you complete it TOTALLY. If you still miss those four screws and an AA-battery at the end of the game, you gain NOTHING. I suppose this mod had to prevent this "unfairiness". If the space ship could be sent unready (if it was sent unready, it will have a chance to crash), the player could send the unfinished space ship at the very last moment and watch if it gets to it´s destination. If it succeeds, you get the 100 points bonus, if doesn´t, you´ll have to explain to the dead astronauts´ families why the space ship didn´t get back. :p

2. This looks like a loser winning. It is much more fun trying to conquer a pacifist nation that is finishing space ship in the next five turns and desperately seeking the city completing the last SS Casing. The alternative winning conditions keep the late game alive (it is pretty boring after all). They also give those minor little nations the possibility to surpass their superiors by being elected the leader of the entire world. If it annoys that someone wins through diplomacy, just click that winning condition off.

How about making it a sum of all these point-sources per era?
The game should simply store every civilizations "domination points" every time the first civ reaches a new era, list them as "ancient points", "medieval points" "renaissance points" "industrialisation points" "modern points" "future tech points" and "2050 final points" ... to revard history of ancient empires, and sum up the eras.
So you get one rating per era instead of only one rating in the end of the game.

The double rating problem:
"2050 final points" cause a double rating for the latest era reached, assuming another era has been reached shortly before the final rating in 2050, like "future tech era" generally but any era can start shortly before the game ends depending on settings. I think thats fair, if youre "dominating" and leading in tech you're more significant than whatever has been "dominating" in earlier eras.

Now I realise that this mod is sort of on the back-burner seeing as Sevo has "retired" from Civ modding...but I am posting this here in case someone decides to pick the reign and continue. (Maybe someone from ViSa seeing as they are integrating it into ViSa 3.0

Diplomacy: 1 point for every defensive pact you sign; 2 points for every Permanent Alliance you forge; 1 point for every Capitulation you recieve and 2 points for every peaceful vassal you gain. 1 point for every civ that is pleased towards you; 2 points for every civ which is friendly towards you.
2 points for every time you make secretary general of the UN. 5 points for building the UN. 5 points for every Resolution you pass. 20 points for being voted Planetary leader.

As has been said several times in this thread...it seems that the Diplomatic part is a difficult one to resolve...here is my suggestion to make it fair and equitable, yet still realistic.

First, remove the UN from the Diplomatic scenario completely...only use it for resolutions, therefore removing the option to Vote in World President.

Second, establish a rating scale based on your relations with other Civs:
Friendly = +2pts
Pleased = +1pt
Cautious = 0pts
Annoyed = -1pt
Furious = +2pts

eg...
Civ A -------> Civ B
(Friendly) ---> (Annoyed)

In the above example, Civ A is friendly towards Civ B...but Civ B is Annoyed with Civ A.
So Civ A would lose 1 point because it has an Annoyed rating...
Civ B would gain 2 pts because it has a Friendly rating...

This would only work in theory when it is 2 AI Civs, as human Civs cannot give ratings.

Therefore when it is a human versus an AI...the human will rate the AI exactly the same as the AI rates him...

Also, if it is 2 human Civs...automatically, they are both Cautious.

This should only be calculated at the end of the game.

Technology: 2 points for each era in which you gain the first technology. 1 point for every tech that you are ahead of your nearest opponent. 5 points for every Great Scientist you produce.

Simpler, in my opinion, is always better.

1 pt for every tech gained from the Ancient Era
2pts for every tech from the Classic Era
3pts for every tech from the Medieval Era
and so on...

Economy: 1 point for every Open Border agreement you have; 2 points for every trade deal you have; 1 point for each civ with whom you have active trade routes; 5 points for every Great Merchant you produce; 3 points for every resource you personally control.

I think Sevo was on the right track with the 1 pt per % thinking...so simply calculate the global GNP, and then give 1 pt for every % the Civ's GNP is in relation to the Global GNP.

Finally to close...Sevo mentions in the introduction something about Power points...1 pt per % of total game power. What exactly does he consider to be "game power"? Number of units built...number of battles won...number of military building built...?

Later.

Great...so could someone pick please?

The files are there, just needs to be put through.

Okay, after a brief fight with the SDK :mischief: I've managed to convert this Mod to Warlords. I've uploaded the files (with code) and now would like people to test it! It should work the same way it did in vanilla Civ4.

Find it here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/9527/WarlordsMastery.zip

Thanks, Sevo, for putting comments in your files and for creating this Mod to begin with. I hope we can keep it going for Warlords!!!

Good Job, I am excited to see some work done on this mod. Thanks.

Is this for warlords 2.0.8?

Yes, this works for Warlords 2.0.8. So far no bugs. I have noticed that if you sign a permanent alliance with someone and you're in the lead with that team, it shows your score twice in the F8 screen. Technically that's correct since both Civs are alive, but it would be nice to see the other Civ's scores. I also kind of miss not having the UN vote as part of the Mastery score. I'm not sure if I'll try to change this Mod though. I'm not really a Python, C++ expert. :crazyeye: But I do love this scoring method so maybe I'll be tempted to try...

This scoring system sounds a great idea! :) The standard Civ scoring system is far too simplistic;I used to wonder why points could not be scored in CiV in the same variety of ways as AOK. However, I have just downloaded it to try it and see that it uses its own Gamecoredll.

Is there any way to have it work in conjunction with the BetterAi mod? I'd rather not have to choose between them.

just returned to the game after an absence and what a great surprise to find this. Thanks a bunch Thorn

I thought Warlords 2.0.8 included that by default?

A "broken" version of betterAI was included in 2.08. Blake himself confirmed this. He and Iustus have worked hard to fix things and have now reached a stage of having a stable release.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=245

And it really does result in a better AI :)

BTW Thanks Thorn for getting this to work with Warlords anyway. (I guess I still have to choose until the ViSa mod is finished.)

Top Bottom