Mastery Victory

Cool idea.

I really like how the formula is simple, but strategically it seems like in order to meet your objective of balancing war with peaceful strategies, then as suggested, the time a Civ achieves various peaceful objectives should count. Otherwise it seems like one should make war to maximize one's size and then check off the peaceful-objective checkboxes at the end. :)

Religious is interesting. It changes the dynamic... not necessarily in a bad way. The fact that religions are harder to spread once a few are in a city adds some spice to the "religion race".

Wow, this looks great. Too bad it's for vanilla game right now.

I'm really looking forward for the warlord version. And I really hope you could put in the diplomatic(UN) victory points. If it's such a big problem for MP, maybe you could make two versions, one with UN points and one without.

Anyways, I don't know anything about modding, so I don't know how hard/time consuming that would be.

For the power portion of the score is it summed power or summed percentage of power? The former drastically weights the power rating to late game while the latter weights it equally across time.

* Starship - 100 points given to any civ launching an interstellar starship. This is a big score bonus but represents a significant achievement; if a civ that hasn't launched a starship is to be considered superior to one that has it must have made significant cultural and military achievements!
I would like to see the first Civ to launch a starship receive some kind of bonus. This would give some kind of meaning to the space "race". Also....
For example, if you're playing with 3 civs and you play moderately well you might get 200 of these 500 points
But if you play equally well (or bad) with 18 civs, maybe you get just 50 points.
In both situations, building spaceship gives you 100 points. But in the 18-civ situation, that would be two thirds of the total.
The more players, the more important the constant part of the equation becomes.
Maybe the best way to do this would be to have a fixed number of points (not sure what the best balance would be) for the space race, with the first Civ to launch receiving the highest % of the points and each successive Civ receiving a lower and lower % of the space race pool.

It's been more than a month and still no Warlords version or any other update. I guess this is dead?

Sevo, I just found this thread and it sounds very promising.

There is just one thing, I would like to give a recommendation about. From the pure reading, but without any testing, it sounds as if still especially the early military approach would help you much to gain the mastery victory.

Therefore, I would suggest to include some kind of a malus for any unit, you have killed or have lost.
(Figures only for display, have to be fine-tuned, of course):

Any killed animal (improves safety for all human nations: + 0.01 points
Any killed Barbarian (same as above): + 0.05 points
Any unit lost to animals: - 0.05 points
Any unit lost to Barbarians: - 0.1 points
Any enemy unit killed in foreign (other than owned) land: - 0.1 points
Any enemy unit killed in own terrritory: - 0.01 points (you've been still killing humans, but in defense)
Any own unit lost in foreign land: -0.3 points
Any own unit lost in own land: -0.05 points

Once again, these figures have just come to mind and most probably are completely unbalanced, but you get the picture.

The idea behind would be that military approaches to gain territory, population and holy cities will come with some costs in the ending balance.
Especially this would put the builder and the warmonger at even odds, as far as I see it. The warmonger may get more of all, but will lose some points in the same way. The builder will not make that significant progresses, but will be less harmed, if only fighting defensive wars.

Additionally, I would like to suggest to offer points for any technology (of course except the starting ones) which have been discovered first.

And finally, there could be some extra points for any city with the most trade routes and / or the most income from trade routes (to award the peaceful trading).

Just my two Euro-Cents....

Edit:
As you may have noticed, losses in general count more than wins. This shall make the human player more aware to do some careful planning his military campaigns.

I've played through three games at Prince level and I can say that they were great games.

Idea related to Commander Bello's idea, how about a simple penalty after a certain percentage of land eg, after you have 50% you start to be penalized.

Also I agree with points for trade routes and inter-civ income

Also diplomacy rewards of some kind. Points for positive modifiers

This is such a great idea! I'm playing the Genetics Era mod which includes this one. It makes the game much more interesting and there's no need to quit playing just because someone launched a spaceship a turn before you. In fact, I usually play without the spaceship victory condition enabled (and diplomatic). But not any more! I hope there will be an updated version for Warlords along with some of the good ideas others have mentioned in this thread.
Great work Sevo! :goodjob:

The suggestion of Commander Bello are great!

I heard that you are a little busy right now, right Sevo? But any expectation of the date for a new release of this mod and the Sevomod? I wanna warlords!

Unfortunately I do not have the knowledge to do this...I wish I did...this one sounds like something that would make the game more intersting for a player such as myself. I want only two mods, really, this one and the customizable domestic advisor....the interface-only mods.

Adding my support to those who would love this one. It would make games my wife and I play much more fun!

Sevo, exelent idea! This is what I dreamed about :mischief:
Hope sometime it will be incorporated with ViSa mod.

Top Bottom