1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Math01 - My first SG: OCC Space Race

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Succession Games' started by Mathias, Apr 29, 2005.

1. Mathias

Mathias OCC Rocks!

It's your turn now, Kahn.

2. Khan_Asparuh

Khan_Asparuh Just a Bulgarian Eddie

I know, this was a got it for tonight.

3. Khan_Asparuh

Math01
    (0) 1650AD
    I think that the intelligence agency can stay; we’ve nothing better to build. It may be more useful (potentially) than Hoover.
    Pull up Sumer, they got Ecology. Fine. Pull the Japanese and Zulus too. We’re protected by MIs.
    (1) 1655AD
    Incans got up too. IA – Hoover; Payments are over, we’re at 0gpt.
    Mongols declare to Egypt. Bye Cleo.
    (3) 1665AD
    Rockets – Space Flight in 12 :sad:
    Switch to Airport.
    Moronistic Sumerians declare on Mongols
    (5) 1675AD
    Polution hits lower London’s pop to 20 instead of 21.
    (6) 1680AD
    Japs knows Amphibious. Egypt and Sumer sign MPP, Sumer and Japan peace. The Ecology must have been traded.
    (7) 1685AD
    Than immediately they redeclare. Morrons.
    At least for the 5th time Sumer starts Hoover. No trades done.
    (9) 1695AD
    Buy incense from Japan for 5gpt. Get Sumer’s 510g for 30gpt. Japanese 1123g for 68gpt. Zulu’s 627 for 39gpt. Incan 200g for 12gpt. Let’s hope research is helped. Look at those rates, greedy AIs.
    (14) 1720AD
    Trying to make the AI research… Useless for now. The Mongols have 2 sources of aluminium. I give Rocketry, Iron, 50gpt and 996g to Sumer for Ecology at monopoly price, then get Amphibious from Japan with ecology. They’re researching Rocketry right now. Pull up the Mongols and buy aluminium with Amphibious. Then gift/sell it around to force those warmongers to research something useful.
    (15) 1725AD
    Space Flight-Satellites, London Apollo-SS Engine, pollution.
    That’s all folks. I’ve been trying to get the AIs to maximum gpt without useless gifts…

4. Mathias

Mathias OCC Rocks!

Interesting, giving gpt to the AI. I wonder if it will help? Hopefully we will be able to trade for Fission, if nothing else. Anyway, I got it and will play tonight or tomorrow morning.

5. Mathias

Mathias OCC Rocks!

1730 AD (1)
    IT: Inca-Zulu peace
    Zulu begins Hoover Dam

1735 AD (2)
    IT: Sumeria completes Hoover Dam

1745 AD (4)
    IT: Sumeria-Mongol peace

1750 AD (5)
    Sumeria has Sanitation. We give them Computers for it along with their 1500+ gold. They have nearly 200 gpt, which they are willing to give, but we don't need it.
    Sanitation to Japan for Rubber, Saltpeter, Coal, and 526 gold. They wouldn't give us any more.
    Sanitation to Zulu for 185 gold
    IT: Mongol-Egypt peace

1754 AD (7)
    IT: Engine >> Cockpit

1758 AD (9)
    IT: Mongol-Japan MPP

1760 AD (10)
    IT: Satellites >> Miniturization

1762 AD (11)
    IT: Inca-Mongol MA Zulu
    Cockpit >> Mass Transit

1764 AD (12)
    Ecology to Zulu, Inca for their gold.
    Computers to Japan, Mongols for their gold.
    Computer to Zulu, Inca as a gift.
    IT: Egypt-Zulu MPP, Egypt WAR Mongols

1768 AD (14)
    IT: Mongol-Japan MA Sumeria
    MTS >> Thrusters

OK, here's the plan: After Miniturization, go for Synthetic Fibers. I'm still hoping we can trade for Fission by then. Try to get some prebuild turns for UN with Internet while researching Synthetic Fibers. If we end up wasting shields by switching to SS part instead, so be it. After we get Fission, go for Robotics. By the time we get there, we may be able to trade for Superconductor. If we are lucky, we could still launch before 1900.

6. Mach

Mach hack

Ok I got it. Synth Fibers next, ok. Try to get UN, ok. Play tonight.

7. Mach

Mach hack

Preflight
    I run my eyes over the game just for yuks. We are approximately tied for third in power! We're ahead of Egypt, Zulu, and Sumeria, and just about tied with the Inca. Our fearsome tank... :rotfl:
    (I) Mongols destroy Egpyt. Bye bye! :wavey:

T1 (1772AD)
    (I) Renegotiate spices deal with Japan.
    Japan gets fission!

T2 (1774AD)
    Buy fission from Japan for Space Flight and 1000g. Japan has 3 extra uranium! I buy one for 10gpt. Please reserach Superconductor, Mr Tokugawa!
    (I) Japan starts building UN in...Tokyo, heh. It's ours, no sweat.

T3 (1776AD)
    (I) Continue Rop, dyes, and ivory deal with Mongols.
    Sumeria and Inca sign peace.
    Finish SS Thrusters, start UN.

T4 (1778AD)
    Continue some more deals (incense, aluminum).
    (I) zzz

T5 (1780AD)
    (I) Swap territory maps with the Zulu.

T6 (1782AD)
    (I) Sumeria and Zulu sign MPP.

T8 (1786AD)
    (I) Miniaturization --> Synth fibers

T9 (1788AD)
    (I) Inca and Mongols sign MPP. Inca declares on the Sumerians.
    We lose our rubber, salt, and coal deal, and I let it slide.

T12 (1794AD)
    (I) Renew RoP with Zulu.

T14 (1798AD)
    (I) Sumeria and Japan sign peace.
    Sumeria declares on Japan, heh.

Thirty years took me like 10 minutes. :D We're 1 turn away from the UN, and 5 turns from Synth Fibers. Research nuclear power next. Should we gift all the ai's fission? I thought about it, but I figured Japan might sell it to someone, increasing their gpt and thus their ability to research faster. But that didn't happen, oh well.

save

8. Mathias

Mathias OCC Rocks!

>> After we get Fission, go for Robotics. <<
    The AI definitely would have went after Synthetic Fibers for us, MAs and all. I guess I should have made that clear, but I wasn't really expecting Fission so soon, and I had been out of bed for about an hour by the time I played and posted. Still, we're looking good for an 1880s launch if we get Superconductor from the AI.

Gift techs? Well the easiest way to get the AI to research Superconductor may be to give them everything else, including Synthetic Fibers when we get it. We might want to hold on to Miniturization as an extra buffer on Robotics, but being a wonder tech, the AI values it a bit more, and may head for it first.

We should finish this by the weekend, so on Sunday I will open a thread for Math02.

9. Renata

Renata homicidal jungle cat GOTM Staff

Fear our mighty tank! Not to mention our lovely water parks. :lol: That amuses me.

Sounds good, Khan and Mach and Mathias.

Renata

10. dl123654

dl123654 King

11. dl123654

dl123654 King

Save

List of important stuff:
    Japan declared on Inca, Incas already lost 2 cities, Japan is at war with everyone but us
    Built an offshore platform and nuclear plant, currently at 120 shields
    Japan self researched nuclear power, bought that, oil, rubber, and some cash with miniaturzation
    Japan then researched satelites 6 turns later
    Built UN and 2 more parts, one left with 1 turn left
    1 turn left on laser
    Upgraded our tank :lol:

12. Renata

Most excellent. Let's see if we can get off this rock before Japan decides to end our puny existence, shall we? :p

Edit: That's a 'got it' -- will play tonight if I can finish my SGOTM7 turns early enough.

Renata

13. Khan_Asparuh

Yeah, I've allways considered it important to have a unit the AI will fear. So I built the tank (had nothing else to do)
    At least now their military advisor is telling them "We fear their Modern Armor". In fact they're stupid enough to say "We fear their Modern Armors".
    Anyways. I think that finally the small gpt boost I gave to Japan is helping their research. Come on, let's pull this game off.

14. Renata

I went for superconductor instead of robotics due to the units available with the latter and the fact that the former had two spaceship parts instead of one, but nothing doing so far. Japan has its hands full fighting everybody; they've yet to take a "home" Inca city.

It's 1862 (I accidentally played an extra turn.) Robotics is in 10, all but one spaceship part have been built, and there's an ICBM prebuild in place for the last one. In three more turns if Robotics hasn't turned up yet, Khan can start shuttling back and forth between ICBM and solar plant to keep the required number of shields in the bin.

So worst case barring disaster, we will indeed launch in the 1880s. Best case, could be as soon as two turns.

Enjoy, Khan, and thanks for the game everybody. It's been a pleasure.

Renata

15. Mathias

Mathias OCC Rocks!

Very nice. It's about time the AI got moving. Kahn, prepare for liftoff and get us the hell outta here!

16. soul_warrior

soul_warrior Termite!

lurker's comment: very fun game, people. maybe for next one up the difficulty level? will surely watch that one too

17. Khan_Asparuh

Fastenning my seat belt. Ready to take off tonight.

18. Khan_Asparuh

Math01
    (0) 1862AD
    Wow, that’s the best researching city I’ve ever seen and the highest bank account too !
    The world is quite boring colour-wise. The AI could have helped us in research instead of fighting (or could have wiped us too).
    (4) 1870AD
    We have an ICBM. I decide to nuke Kyoto, because 29 pop is a bit too much. Joking… London wealth for 2 turns.
    (5) 1872AD
    Research time halves. You know what does this mean. Shouldn’t have set wealth. Buy Robotics from Japan for Supraconductor. 3 turns for SS Stasis.
    (8) 1878AD
    We take off from this wary world for a better place to live.

Check this morron...

19. Khan_Asparuh

Thanks to the whole team. With a bit of luck the victory could have come 2 turns earlier, but well... It has been a really fun game, I've discovered some aspects of the OCC management I knew not.
    We do the same on DG/Deity?

20. Methos

Methos HoF Quattromaster Super Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

Great game everyone, it was a pleasure to lurk!