FV 432 APC

MatteM's unit modeling and retexturing workshop 2018-11-05

Unprotected Cruisers. In order: 1.Generic model, 2. USS Schurz class (USA), 3. Morales Class (Mexico), 4.Yangwei Class (Qing China), 5.Colonial Cruiser (several civs), 6. Atjeh Class (Dutch), 7.La Perouse Class (French), 8.Schwalbe Class (Germany), 9. Yaeyama Class (Japan), 10.Chihaya Class (Japan), 11. Adamastor Class (Portugal), 12. Almaz Class (Russia), 13. Velasco Class (Spain).

UnrprotectedCruisers.jpg

Hey uhh... I just wonder if you could make a East German unit art?
Spoiler :

Hey, yes I would like to make an East German soldier, but I am having trouble finding a suitable 3d model, just retexturing an existing model might be difficult since they have very distinct helmet :) I'll see what I can find.

Btw... I going to make a mod 2 days ago, it was based around the cold war and i think it's very interesting for me to use some of your work.

Sure, what era and setting are you going for? A global cold war mod might take a lot of work, although I have plenty of models, and also there are a lot of good stuff in Realism Invictus

Sure, what era and setting are you going for? A global cold war mod might take a lot of work, although I have plenty of models, and also there are a lot of good stuff in Realism Invictus
I think it would a a global, but also have some scenarios like Korean War, Rhodesian-Bush War,Vietnam War, Soviet-Afghan War and many other scenarios.

Hey MatteM, do you think you would have time to texture / animate a model of mine? I made a Fire Nation ship... If not though, that is ok too. :)

Hey MatteM, do you think you would have time to texture / animate a model of mine? I made a Fire Nation ship... If not though, that is ok too. :)

No problem :) I would have to fit it to some existing animation though since I don't know how to make my own .kfm (I have tried but failed miserably before).

It is the Fire Nation Ironclad warship. Most of the time, they used trebuchets aboard their ships for long range bombardment. That never really made sense to me. The Fire Nation are shown to have gunpowder, as they have grenadiers and later use bombs that can also be fired from cannons aboard airships, so it never made sense to me why they wouldn't be using cannons instead. So instead I put cannons aboard the ship.

Please feel free to modify the unit if needed for animations and such. :)

That's what I posted before to MightyToad... Here is the ship file. Thank you and please modify it if needed to better suit the animation. :)

Attachments

• Fire Nation Ship.zip
    105.7 KB · Views: 138
That's what I posted before to MightyToad... Here is the ship file. Thank you and please modify it if needed to better suit the animation. :)

Nice model, problem is it that it would take me no more than a couple of minutes to alter the model and fit it to the regular destroyer.nif, but I'm really not good at fitting textures/creating UV-maps for objects in 3ds Max or Blender,
anyone that can help you with that?

Unfortunately it has not yet been skinned... I need to find another person to assist with that. I wish that MightyToad would return, we did lots of great work together.

Thanks, yes, I will modify the Boxer to see if it can be cut down to size, the BvS 10 viking
below I converted from a very simple model, yet 399kb in the nif, one modification could be to use other tracks but
I really like the AMX-13 from Realism Invictus, I'll se if I can find different tracks for it cause I was down
to 280kb before adding them:

To summarize this is a learning process :)

Can I download this vehicle anywhere, or it it still "work in progress" or, for some reasons, should not be downloaded?

Some cold war artillery:

View attachment 514808

:)

In facts, I was looking for this post, not for the previous unit. Is there a chance to find one of this artillery units somewhere?

I hope I am not bothering you with my requests, but there are so many beautiful units you made and it is a pity you can't download them.

Can I download this vehicle anywhere, or it it still "work in progress" or, for some reasons, should not be downloaded?

Hello! Sorry I am superfocused on finishing armored cruisers for my "Victoria 2" - scenario in my mod.

I might have a better version of the bandvagn:

upload_2020-11-22_22-17-24.png

Could use a mounted MG though :)

In facts, I was looking for this post, not for the previous unit. Is there a chance to find one of this artillery units somewhere?

I hope I am not bothering you with my requests, but there are so many beautiful units you made and it is a pity you can't download them.

The cold war artillery is not very high quality, I'll have a look at them soon.

Yes, I agree, the skin is much better for this Bandvagn, but it is missing the second part now. On every photo I saw, this units consist on two parts (in facts, as I leadned from Wikipedia, this is an integral part of the vehicle), like your first model. So if this could be added, it would be great. I am not in a hurry, so if you think you can find some time, but later, it is no problem. I just wanted to point out that I will be very interested in using this unit.

Top Bottom