[NFP] Maya First Look

The Maya, at last!

It’s funny we managed to work out/guess the leader, unit and district... but got all the details wrong. No city-state bonus, no jungle unit...

Still this looks interesting, and powerful like Korea’s bonus...

Her unique ability is named wrong though. Lady Six Sky is Ix Wak Chanil Ajaw. Ix (Lady) Mutal Ajaw (Ruler) is a completely different Mayan queen!

This civ fits a lot of how i like to play so I really look forward to trying her out

I think the LUA seems worse than it is. +10% is pretty mediocre but you get extra combat strength too, so you can fight off early rushes.
That Hul'che archer is gonna SHRED.
Also Anyone who rolls a decent plantation resource start is gonna have absurd science.

That, and people are really sleeping on FARM GOLD. We are talking about money, straight from the freaking ground.
corn confimed
As someone who owns a corn farm this is divine justice for the one true food

Interesting design. Likely to be one of the most heavily map dependent civs if you don’t reroll. I wonder if she has a start bias?

I don't recognize this resource, did it exist before?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-05-14 at 11.20.58 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-14 at 11.20.58 AM.png
    87.5 KB · Views: 115
Quick math says the -15% malus is equivalent to taking a +6 campus down to a +5. I assume that it affects all buildings yields too, so a +24 becomes a +20. That’s rough. Stay close to home.

I just realized something. Notice her idle animations when the video talks about her leader abilities. Is it just me or does she have the same idle animations as Amanitore?

I think the LUA seems worse than it is. +10% is pretty mediocre but you get extra combat strength too, so you can fight off early rushes.
That Hul'che archer is gonna SHRED.
Also Anyone who rolls a decent plantation resource start is gonna have absurd science.
Agree the LUA look like a penalty rather than a bonus, Obviously the unique district and unique unit look good but the need of builders and farms, -15% penalty for the majority of your cities to get +10% to a few of your cities and +5 combat strength rush protection is just a bad trade.

In fact I suspect they have buffed the tall playstyle given how this civ is designed for just that style of play.

Top Bottom