1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Me needs help

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Strategy & Tips' started by Artillery, Jun 9, 2005.

1. Azash

Azash La Sombra

Would it work putting a new town 4NE from Sevastopol, on the tip of the peninsula? It'd be a quick way to ship over to the next island, but... Can anybody slightly more experienced comment? :p

2. brennan

brennan Argumentative Brit

There is space for a city there, but it would be more important to consolidate what he has already, especially getting hold of those two Russian cities in the middle of his patch.

Edit: and a city there would be pretty unproductive until he could get an Offshore Platform.

3. Azash

Azash La Sombra

Hmm.. I was thinking more of a harbor/military base type of thing, but I guess you can't afford dead weight at this stage. :sad:

EDIT: Come to think of it, that peninsula WILL be his only way of sailing to that island without risking war (Territorial conflict) :scan:

4. brennan

Yeah, but if he can crush opposition on his continent, the game is his. He is in a position to do that, so that's what I would recommend... :ar15:

5. Misery

Misery Chieftain

:cool:

Ahh...a classic from Civ 2. I'm not sure if I miss the council or thank God they are gone. I know I miss my sexy spy! :crazyeye:

6. Tone

Tone Chieftain Hall of Fame Staff

Sometimes it appears as if Republic is costing you more due to unit upkeep but you could have a greater GNP and so researching at a lower rate in republic may still be quicker than before the revolution. Take a look at the F1 screen before and after revolution for a fair comparison-it may not be as bad as you first thought.

How many workers have you got and how many citizens are working roaded tiles? You only benefit from Republic if your citizens are working tiles that are bringing in commerce. The size of your civ at the moment is at that dodgy stage where the costs can outweigh the benefits for Republic and apart from getting more roads, you need more cities to cope with your unit costs. There are a couple of spaces that will take a city, thus increasing your income due to gpt from the new settlements and less gpt on units. Apart from this I think that short term drop in research (maybe after construction-is it something you can trade?), build up funds and units for war and then claim yourself some more cities. ;)

Switch those cities from wealth to military, turn down the research a little to get construction soon, switch off research once you have this tech and find yourself a first target that will donate some of their population and land to the Greek Republic. Just make sure that you hit hard and fast and warmongering in Republic will be no problem.

7. Artillery

Artillery Vittu kun vituttaa

Me is sorry for the long delay but here's a screen,WW is hellish,production is going down,the RNG hates me,delphi has flipped,i captured kiev but russians re-captured it with 1 archie(i had a hoplite forting behind walls) :cry: ,i cant get moscow,'cos when i send longbows an archie pops out of nowhere and kills it and i don't have saltpeter or horses. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
    (i'm going for military tradition)
    Is this the end?

Attached Files:

8. Lord Parkin

Lord Parkin aka emperor

No, it's not the end, it almost never is. ;) But the reason you're probably doing so badly is that you started this war WAY too early, before you were actually ready for it. Also, being in a Republic was probably a bad choice of government, but you can't do much about that at the moment. And... what the heck? Why on earth are you at war with two countries at once??? :eek:

Make peace with the Germans and/or Russians if you need to, then build up some more infrastructure - ESPECIALLY around your main cities. IMPROVE THOSE TILES!!! The ones around your major cities are REALLY important, because that's how you churn out units, improvements, etc! You still need WAY more Workers - at least double what you have now! :eek: And next time when you go to war, try ONE country at a time, when you're READY and have a good stack of units piled up, and ALLY THE AI AGAINST EACH OTHER!!!

;)

9. Artillery

I'm not in war with the germans!

10. Artillery

This just keeps getting better :cry: ,i made peace with the russians and they gave their WM and some other stuff,i spotted that the babs had a new city on a new continent so i bought their WM,and comms with the romans.
    BTW i'm 4th in the histograph

Attached Files:

11. Azash

Azash La Sombra

Rome's looking tough. Where are they in the histograph?

12. Vilati Timmadar

Vilati Timmadar Chieftain

- Don't start a war so early

- Build MUCH more cities next time!!! Extremely much more!!!!

- For your current game: See to it, that you don't get into a two-front-war, so try to avoid an alliance between Babylon, Germany and Japan. Try to bond with one of them and kill the others off in alliance-wars.

13. Tomoyo

Tomoyo Fate

Your cities' population is way too low. The reason - not enough workers. The lack of workers has also led to how you don't have iron - there's iron right by "the iron is mine". ;)

I'd probably build another city between Pharsalos and Frankfurt, and how is Sparta starving? :hmm:

14. killercane

killercane Chieftain

One reason it is starving is he/she has the lux slider at 0. Increase the lux slider (its right below the science slider) and grow your cities; get rid of the entertainers. If you are at peace now, build workers to connect all your cities, this will get you the wines and silks and iron. Build aqueducts where needed (looks like about everywhere). Your unit support will dramatically increase when you grow up all your cities to size 7+. Build markets in such cities.

Tomoyo's right another city to the NW would be beneficial.

15. Tone

Tone Chieftain Hall of Fame Staff

Listen to Tomoyo and killercane-you need more workers. Flood those plains and get your cities growing. The worker builds will hurt in the short term as your pop will drop further and your unit costs will increase but short term pain; long term gain.

16. Artillery

I started improving my infrastructure,i built universities and banks everywhere,just when things were going well the babs sneak attacked me with cavalry,my hops were no match for them. :cry:

RETIRED

The history will remember me as "pathetic"
    At least i'm not worthless

17. Lord Parkin

Lord Parkin aka emperor

Shoot, Cavalry? :eek: Ouch, that was quite nasty. Well, better luck next time. Hope you remember some of the tips, especially about the Workers!!! ;) :)

18. brennan

I told you to build a load of workers!!!

Your cities are too small, you are building stuff like unis and banks with size 2-5 cities in a republic?!?! How is this possible? Next time...

Build only settlers/workers/warriors till 1000BC.
    Then
    Build a couple of barracks and build defensive/offensive mix.
    And
    Make sure your cities grow!

19. Artillery

Must build workers.......Must build workers.......Must build workers.......Must build workers.......Must build workers.......Must build workers.......Must build workers.......Must build workers.......Must build workers.......Must build workers.......
    Are you happy now?

20. Lord Parkin

Lord Parkin aka emperor

:lol: ... yes, but we'll be happier when we see you're actually doing it in your next game... ;)