Meet the Modders

Good news, everyone! I set up a Windows 7 virtual machine (child's play for the new PC hardware), and can seamlessly run Civ3 and the editor again at last. I've experienced my first late night of One More Turn Syndrome in a long time. Now I can finally pull together and test that LotM patch, maybe in time for the anniversary.

Screenshot from 2021-10-15 21-58-04.png

Thanks to @Flintlock's excellent progress with C3X, I've also been tempted to resume work on my old epic mod that I eventually abandoned after realizing I'd designed around some features that didn't work out. I named it "Legacy" because it sounded cool and thematic, but that seems very appropriate now that the mod is some 15 years WIP, not to mention the game itself.

Also: I've moved! - again - to a smaller town in central Texas, where I can work remotely and enjoy not being in Houston. It was quite an ordeal getting here but we're fairly settled in and enjoying the new environs. If you're ever in the Austin region, drop me a line.

WildWeazel... that's Great... of course now you will have much longer days and nights with "just one more turn" and working on "Legacy" :)

Smaller towns are much better to live in than the "Big Cities"... less stress and easier life, "Live Long and Prosper" :thumbsup:

Good news, everyone! I set up a Windows 7 virtual machine (child's play for the new PC hardware), and can seamlessly run Civ3 and the editor again at last. I've experienced my first late night of One More Turn Syndrome in a long time. Now I can finally pull together and test that LotM patch, maybe in time for the anniversary.

Welcome as a sleep deprived member of the "Victims of the One More Turn-syndrom-club"! :D

Thanks to @Flintlock's excellent progress with C3X, I've also been tempted to resume work on my old epic mod that I eventually abandoned after realizing I'd designed around some features that didn't work out. I named it "Legacy" because it sounded cool and thematic, but that seems very appropriate now that the mod is some 15 years WIP, not to mention the game itself.

BTW: Does the epic mod of yours have a WIP-thread somewhere in here?

Also: I've moved! - again - to a smaller town in central Texas, where I can work remotely and enjoy not being in Houston. It was quite an ordeal getting here but we're fairly settled in and enjoying the new environs. If you're ever in the Austin region, drop me a line.

Congrats with a new residence! I also enjoy the slower life in a small town - not that Norway has any real big cities anyway, just sayin'...

Oz, it will be your account's 20th birthday in three weeks!

It does look as if the avatar is a close-up (at another angle) on the winged creature there.

Ten hours, still in monarchy, researching the corporation by 740 AD… you even have a city worthy of the Great Ironworks!

What level of difficulty were you playing this at?

WildWeazel, did you play this game with a Godot version of C3C, as Godot is seen on the screenshot ?

Top Bottom