[MERGE] KROME Beta: K-Mod 1.31 and RoM 1.03 Extended

Really enjoying this mod!

Just tried the 0.8 version and got a game into the middle Antique area and feel that the fading back into black of explorer tiles is ultra highly annoying. Is this a Bug or WAI?

Check earlier in the thread for a "fix."

I love this mod already, even though I'm continually getting my butt kicked.

Edit: Just two random things that have long bothered me that I'd like to see changed though they have nothing to do with the quality of the mod, but I'm writing them down before I forget:

The Celtic UU gets hill defense bonus, but then their building gives the same, which seems silly. Adding a forest defense would make a lot more sense. Also, the Jaguar gets woodsman 1, but loses a hit point...I'd rather have the hitpoint!

Sitting Bull of the plains Indians starts with fishing instead of hunting....the plains is a LOOONG way from the ocean, so it would make more sense to switch this.

Really enjoying this mod!

Just tried the 0.8 version and got a game into the middle Antique area and feel that the fading back into black of explorer tiles is ultra highly annoying. Is this a Bug or WAI?

It's currently a feature. Once you get Optics it stops.

@Kiwi,
Yeah Sitting Bull needs that change. Maybe later on jt can add Bison as a resource. He can get the details from C2C.

I'm a confessed "City Spammer(but I prefer calling it Expansionist Tactics)" type player and the AI on Noble is leaving me in the dust on settling and building up cities.

If karadoc had made his Mod when Zappara was in full swing with RoM Oh My! Dale's FFH would have had a real contender on his hands!

JosEPh :)

Any updates, JT?

Also, is the religion decay enabled by default in this mod? My religions keep dissapearing....

And, playing as the Turks, it was giving me minus two health for "civilization." I hadn't seen that before. This was on Noble setting.

jt
hope the holiday is going well for you, sorry to pile a bit more potential work in your inbox :)
in pedia both resources and promotions dont display properly.
and that added unhealthiness for "civilization" that kiwi lifter mentioned above, that should actually be added healthiness i think (expansive trait)??

i would also like to echo kiwi's suggestion of hunting instead of fishing for native americans (also what about ritualism instead of agriculture too? it allows them to build totem poles straight away, might make them more attractive as an option. this is predicated on my very fuzzy supposition that farming wasn't a way of life for most NA tribes, please ignore if im talking out my ass).

on the celtic uu and ub both giving guerilla 1, i'm ambivalent, wouldnt mind if it was changed but you'll build plenty other units besides gallic warriors so it's not like it's a massive redundancy.

on the jaguars, i'd leave em as is, they don't need iron to build and if you play on earth maps (i do generally :)) woodsman is a very useful promotion in south america.

on joseph's suggestion of bison: yes please! great shout for a resource (super for earth maps!)
tea also maybe? it is a pretty important commodity.

also: lemons? they give a food bonus. i get the +1 health for vitamin c versus scurvy and all that but who actually eats lemons (shudder)!? perhaps oranges as a replacement?

@kiwi
i dunno about RoM but kmod certainly does have a modified religion mechanic, old rels can get booted out. read the changelog in the KROME folder, first entry at v1.03.

apols to all for long post:p

i dunno about RoM but kmod certainly does have a modified religion mechanic, old rels can get booted out. read the changelog in the KROME folder, first entry at v1.03.

So that's where it's coming from. I didn't remember RoM1.03 having such a mechanism.

JosEPh

hey joe whats the deal with RoM extended, i dont see any reference to it in the RoM forums??
how does it differ from version 1.03? or point me in the right direction to read about it. im clearly missing something fairly obvious but i cant see it anywhere???:crazyeye:

apols i see your thread on it, downloading now:)

(edit no.2) the link for RoM 1.03 original is dead as disco. the link for 1.03 extended in your thread of the same name works but the version history contained therein only refers to the original changes so i was wondering if you could give a quick outline of whats different in extended?

Biggest difference between Original 1.03 and Extended is the inclusion of the Jungle Camp Modmod by vincentz. There was something else but.... I can't remember what it was right now.

Afforess added JC in for me because Original 1.03 was Before RoM/Zappara adopted the WoC system for Modules into RoM. And vincentz modmods were Modular and WoC based.

I think your tip on the GlobalDefines file(s) is what I needed to eliminate the 303 error when trying to Load from the Main BtS screen thru Single player. I just have not tested it yet.

ah right, thanks joseph. jungle camp is a great addition. actually makes jungles useful now rather than a serious early inhibitor to an empire. never thought it made sense that jungle was effectively useless.

on the defines, yeah im pretty sure, solved it for me anyway. changing CIV4_VERSION to 319 and SAVE_VERSION to 303 und alles gut:)

ah right, thanks joseph. jungle camp is a great addition. actually makes jungles useful now rather than a serious early inhibitor to an empire. never thought it made sense that jungle was effectively useless.

on the defines, yeah im pretty sure, solved it for me anyway. changing CIV4_VERSION to 319 and SAVE_VERSION to 303 und alles gut:)

Have you played far enough into the Mod to where Work camps can become early industry? Reason I ask is because I think it was vincentz Industry Modmod that was the other item I asked Afforess to include for me. If they don't then it was something else. But I'd like to see that Industry ModMod make it in (if it's not already there) Getting old been messin' with RoM since 2007 and things sometimes, thru the many versions, run together in the old memory banks. :old::yup:

JosEPh ;)

yeah the industry improvement is merged in alright, just not working as far as i can see. damn there must be some really productive cities in the late game with stuff like this added in.

forests dont seem to get chopped down as a result of building say a mine, is this correct behaviour for RoM?

Hey everyone! Sorry I've been gone for awhile. Looks like I have a bunch of stuff to look into. :)

Here's what I've been working on:

Fixing the building upgrade paths.

Seperated all religions out to dead-end techs. I want to add one more feature to this that creates a "favorite tech" per leader. The favorite tech would normally be a particular religion and it would give that civ a research bonus toward that religion. The way it is now, I've made it so that later-era religions have certain earlier ones as prereqs. I tried to do it roughly historical: Christianity requires Judaism; Islam requires Christianity and Judaism; Buddhism requires Hinduism; and Taoism requires Confucianism.

And the big change: merging Advanced Diplomacy 2. I still have a couple of errors with that right now, but I'm working on it. BTW, that was a beast. The changes to CvPlayerAI and several other files that karadoc and others have made make merging any AI-dependant code a real challenge.

Since I've already dived into the SDK, here's what else I plan to add before the next release:

Passable Mountains
Multiple Production and Multiple Research
Hazardous Terrain Mod - The reason I want this one is because I want to do something different with early ships. It bugs me that a Galley can't cross one ocean tile. So why I'm going to do is have oceans do damage instead. :) Say 25% or so. Also, slow the ships down quite a bit too. Later ships will have an automatic promotion that lessens or negates this. This would allow early ships the ability to cross a small number of ocean tiles to bridge a gap between islands or go around cultural borders.

I'll also be going through this thread in detail to pick up any other issues I find.

yeah the industry improvement is merged in alright, just not working as far as i can see. damn there must be some really productive cities in the late game with stuff like this added in.

forests dont seem to get chopped down as a result of building say a mine, is this correct behaviour for RoM?

1.I wanted RoM1.03 Ext. the be a Fun Mod and the Indusrtry Mod help use Tundra tiles that were of little use in vanilla BtS like Jungles.

2.They are removed at Shaft mine. Plus we were fighting the Vanilla BtS propensity of AI workers to Chop every single Forest and Jungle tile for Farms or Cottages.

@jt,
When you say Passable Mountains you mean Workable too. Not just moving over a mountain but eventually being able to mine one or even build a city on one like Afforess had in AND?

Good decision on the religion techs. :goodjob: Something I've just recently gotten the C2C team to do.

How's the 1.32 merge coming along?

Hi JT,

And the Advanced Diplomacy is exciting news. Now I can switch off all those annoying requests for advanced technologies! :)

OK, I finally worked out what I think is the final merging bug for Advanced Diplomacy 2. :)

And yep, Joseph, I actually mean the "Mountains back in service" mod. No point in just being able to travel on the darn things. I want them to be workable. I will also be adding one of my favorite Wonders, Machu Pichu, so that they get even more useful. I saw it somewhere on the Mod Component s thread.

This weekend my wife is going to visit some family. It'll be just me, the dog, and three straight days of civ modding. :) I'm going to try to push for a big release with lots of new stuff and fixes. I've lined up a plan of what all that I intend to add in. Hopefully I won't break too much stuff.

I'm trying to decide if I should go ahead and release what I have now as version 0.85 or 0.9 or just wait until after the weekend. What's everyone think? Right now I still don't have workable mountains or multiple production/research.

EDIT: Forgot to mention: I did get the K-Mod base version updated to 1.32. Karadoc has since released 1.33. The plan for the weekend is to jump to 1.33 also.

here! here! :D

Friday is a good day release new beta;)

Thanks for doing this mod jtanner. btw why dont you use later version of RoM? Lots of great late game units is missing..

Top Bottom