[MERGE] KROME Beta: K-Mod 1.31 and RoM 1.03 Extended

This mod looks very interesting hopefully the multi player components work as well as the single player, the kmod is a huge improvement over most mod mechanics.
Also waiting for A New Dawn features to be added. Fixed Culture borders!

Roughly calculating when might we see a finished version of kmod and rom?
I feel like killing some time in marathon.

Oh and thanks for adding new content to a very old game (better than civ v but not as pretty).

BTW I have properly translated RAND in Spanish (for a cousin) I'm sure its not needed but I'll probably translate this mod to Spanish as well.

Friday is a good day release new beta;)

Thanks for doing this mod jtanner. btw why dont you use later version of RoM? Lots of great late game units is missing..

I think I can answer this. RoM1.03 is essentially RoM Lite. It will work even on low end computers. While later versions have more content they are also more demanding on Computer system resources, especially ram and video.

Also RoM 1.03 does not have REVDCM incorporated into it which is a whole added merging process and things then become much more complicated and actually harder to fix.

Mattygerst is working on merging RoM 2.92 with K-mod. That it is more of a big process is why he has not yet released a working beta. His Thread is in this RoM subforum.

JosEPh :)

Ok, I'll try the subtle approach:

"UPDATE, UPDATE!"

Haha, I'm really excited about this, anyways...and I hope that it was a productive weekend for you, Jt!

They say no news is good news, but I'd still like to here some news about how this mod is coming along :)

@kiwi,
Maybe we need to give more feedback/suggestions for jt?

I wonder if he would accept some modding from us?

JosEPh

damn, i was hoping jt had made progress with this. bet his wife has banned him from the pc or something:D

I saw him post in the REVDCM Forum just a day or 2 ago. He was asking if REV had a bunch of Modmods incorporated into it.

KROME maybe on a back burner for now?

Well, if nothing shows up in a week or so I'll probably try my hand at some xml changes. Although I'd love to have the KROME version with Usable Mountains in it. Since I have No SDK knowledge.

And as far as I'm concerned, If REV never gets added I won't be disappointed.

JosEPh

Hey everyone. Yeah, KROME is kinda on hold. I realized that I need a lot more experience and familiarity with the SDK before I start trying to add features to the K-Mod code. I also got interested in messing with RevDCM. I'm trying to learn how to properly incorporate modcomps with optional on/off switches and also how the AI code works. K-Mod changes a vast number of things and makes learning the code a bit more difficult. RevDCM is actually a component of many mods and hence is quite well documented.

I'm suspending development on KROME for now untill I feel more confident with coding. Feel free to edit whatever you'd like on it. I might pick it back up later on.

Would you please upload your KROME version with the tech tree changes? I.e. new religion branches?

Cheers

bugger, silly jtanner getting distracted by fancy things! good luck with revdcm stuff. i would like to second kiwi and implore you to release whatever you've got done with krome so far, buggy or not, please. i rather liked it.

It works great, and I don't notice any bugs with Multiple Production. This is the mod I've been waiting a long time for. Thanks again. The new religion paths make the game MUCH more interesting.

New version! Yeah!

Thanks jt!

JosEPh :)

thanks for putting it up jt. i hope you'll get back to this at some point, it's good.

i just started a new game and noticed that jungle camps can be built on non-jungle terrain if certain resources are present. i assume this is incorrect behavior (i'm not over-familiar with RoM so forgive me if wrong).

for anyone interested, to correct this, edit the ImprovementInfos xml for IMPROVEMENT_JUNGLE_CAMP at the <bBonusMakesValid> lines for each resource, changing the "1" to a "0".

eg:
from
Code:
<BonusTypeStruct>
	<BonusType>BONUS_BANANA</BonusType>
	<bBonusMakesValid>1</bBonusMakesValid>
to
Code:
<BonusTypeStruct>
	<BonusType>BONUS_BANANA</BonusType>
	<bBonusMakesValid>0</bBonusMakesValid>

(edit) fix no.2:
the mini icons for some new resources dont appear in the city screen. replace the GameFont_75.tga in KROME\Assets\Res\Fonts with this one.

(edit 2)
i presume there was some good reason (gameplay/balance maybe) why jtanner disabled the industry improvement, but if anyone wants to reenable them (me anyway:)) just remove the commenting around the UNIT_WORKER <builds> in unitinfos xml.
eg: change
Code:
<!--
                                <Build>
	                                <BuildType>BUILD_1FACTORY</BuildType>
					<bBuild>1</bBuild>
				</Build>
				<Build>
					<BuildType>BUILD_2FACTORY</BuildType>
					<bBuild>1</bBuild>
				</Build>
				<Build>