Methods of Spicing DG5 up

eyrei said:
I say we go with the 5 city idea, and replace governors with mayors, which actually control the queues of their city. It would also be much more challenging without having to go to one of the absurd levels where the AI cheats take the fun out of the game...

another supporter of 5CC, thats at least 8 of us :goodjob:

Didn't we already have a vote on a 5CC? :hmm:

Black_Hole9 said:
get the kickers and screamers ready!

Your method of persuasion would go over quite well in the Halls of Congress, or even better, Parliament:

:hammer: Could someone please remind the Right Honorable Gentlemen that no amount of gesticulating and bellowing will bring this matter back from the dead? The people have voted upon this measure and it has failed quite handsomely.

Chieftess said:
Didn't we already have a vote on a 5CC? :hmm:

Donovan Zoi said:
:hammer: Could someone please remind the Right Honorable Gentlemen that no amount of gesticulating and bellowing will bring this matter back from the dead? The people have voted upon this measure and it has failed quite handsomely.

Here is the link to the 5CC Poll. As you can see, as DZ pointed out, it failed hands down by a vote of 15 voters saying "No way".

CivGeneral said:
Here is the link to the 5CC Poll. As you can see, as DZ pointed out, it failed hands down by a vote of 15 voters saying "No way".
its not exactly an interesting game anyways...

Donovan Zoi said:
Your method of persuasion would go over quite well in the Halls of Congress, or even better, Parliament:

it worked in Japan's parliment a few weeks ago ;)
but seriously:

now(a week or 2 later), when more ppl have become interested in the demogame we get more supporters.

Since kicking and screaming wont work... Ill give you all of reasons it would be fun

1. No more 20 hour turnchats(which happens alot once we hit industrial)
2. No more huge corrupt provinces that can do nothing and get the governor bored.
3. We don't have to play to win!
4. Its not like in DG4, where we know we are going to win, but it takes forever.
5. It will be suspenseful up until the end.
6. Turnchats would become exciting.
7. Elections would be more contested, since we wont have 10 provinces.
8. We can discuss city strategy more, instead of just send these units and attack.
9. Anyone else wanna add some???

Maybe we need a multi-choice poll for all the options. I doubt any option is going to gain enough support to pass in a traditional vote.

Okay, I'll include the 5CC option in the poll, and the supporters can have another chance to gain more support (feel previous arguments lacked the actual reasons why people felt 5CC was a good idea except challenge).

However, if 5CC looses again the result shall be FINAL, no more repolls on the subject.

Also, create a new thread to gather support please. It will bring your cause to the forefront and not clog up this thread in case other people have additional Ideas.

EDIT:
Eyrei, that was my intent originally, multiple choice with all the options in the first post listed.

List Update:

added Rik's Mod (I want further testing and a garentee we won't encounter problems)

Removed OCC (VERY impractical, eliminates lower positions and haven't really seen support for that specifically at all)

Haven't had too much a chance to test it just yet, however I did notice, Airfeilds and Radar towers are unlocked MUCH earlier then they should be (ie. Start of the game).

Noticed this when I saw a Radar tower on a Roman Hill, then realized my Workers had the same option.

EDIT: I should probobly be testing this with Civ III vanilla shouldn't I.... DOH!!!!

Update

"Pacifism" name changed to "Noble" (due to addition of Passive Gametype)

"Passive" Game type added (from list Black_hole9 provided)

"Oscillating War" Game type added (again from Black_hole9's List)

Top Bottom