MIC2 - Lightning Chinese Riders

A flip? :eek: I think I should have founded it a little further from Spain..

microbe - up
gozpel - on deck
grahamiam
Aggie
grs

@Slicknick1136, you should be fairly comfortable with emperor. This is more difficult than a normal emperor game. Have you played any SG before? If so I can then judge your level.

well,i dont think im the person your looking for.I play regent difficulty,i used to do up by emporer a while ago in march,but i stopped playing,i just installed it again a few days ago,only played a game or 2.Even back in march I never did a succession game.I really want to but no ones looking for a regent level player.I dont know how im suppossed to get better.(Self-esteem dropping to an unbelivible level)Im just joking around,no big deal,i was told that it would be a start to do the next SGOTM.So ill just wait a few weeks ai guess.

I am looking for a regent/monarch difficulty game, so if you start one, I would definitely play.

grahamiam said:
whipping that temple may have helped as well.

Well..it needed the culture (we saw that a turn later) and the city had no unhappy citizens at the moment.

EDIT: the only thing that helped the flip was the reduction of citizens after the whip. The same would have happened after completing a worker.

Number of our own citizens doesn't matter. What matters is the number of foreigners. Whipping the temple should have had no negative effect and definitely was a right call because it then increased our local culture vs the surrounding Spanish towns, which is another flip factor.

No worry though. We've got Zeus and I'll probably get some horses running. Next player or two should have some offense to use..

microbe is right. I just checked it in the flip calc and the flip chance was 10% in 10 turns...

EDIT: The flip chance for Chengdu is 6.7% in 10 turns. Xinjian has 7.7% flip chance in 10 turns. We could whip a temple for 2 citizens there...

sorry, wasn't clear or correct :) i though we could have whipped it 10 turns earlier but I was just looking at the maps, not the saves (end of my turns it was 21T till complete @ size 3). obviously, you whipped it at the perfect time (20 shields left) and the flip was just bad luck.

I can only play on weekends for the next 2 weeks, due to work commitments during the school holidays.

preturn: I double whip the temple in Xinjian. We definitely need some culture.

I switch Macao to rax.

(1)130BC: I know it's risky, but somehow I try to steal immediately from Greece by 500g plus change. Although it's close to us, it has no horses and is rated relatively weak. I normally wouldn't take the risk this early but I got irritated by the flip and kinda acted irrationally. We succeed and take Feudalism. :)

I then buy Monotheism from Mongols by Feudalism + 104g + 4gpt. We are level in tech except Monarch, which we can get it now.

OK, so we just need Republic and Chivalry.

We could actually take one incense back by aggressive settling, but we'll just take it THE WAY later.

IBT Spain starts Knight Templar. That's absolutely not good news to us..

(2)110BC: ZZZ

(3)90BC: I establish embassy with Spain. Madrid has two spears in capital, 12spt building KT due in 19 turns. It also has the Great Library and Colossus.

I'm wondering whether we can send an AC army to capture it. It's pretty close. :hmm:

(4)70BC: France entered Middle Ages as well.

I hire a scientist in Shanghai and lower sci to 0 while keeping lux at 10. Shanghai stops growing but it's producing 10spt as a 3-turn horseman factory. This way we make 14gpt more.

(5)50BC: Republic is known. America and Spain exchanged techs. We could use all our gpt to buy it, but then have no money to cover the anarchy, so I hold.

(6)30BC: Greece just got Chivalry, meaning we have some 2-fer chance.

54gpt to Spain for Republic+91g.
Republic to Greece for Chivalry+27g.

With 285g in bank I decide to revolt now.

We draw a freaking 7 turns! We need about 100g more.

I hire many taxmen and we lose -44gpt per turn. I sell Republic to India for Monarchy + 44g (all its gold). We should be OK then.

(7)10BC: riots.

(8)10AD: riots.

IBT Zeus still works in anarchy. Spain completes Sun Tzu's.

(9)30AD: I disband warrior in Mongol territory.

IBT Greece completes Knights Templar. :eek:

(10)50AD: a Spanish spear enters our territory. If you are bold you can try to ask it to leave.

We have 2 turns left in anarchy. 167g in bank and make -38gpt. Let the cities riot.

I think we should get Greece first, unless we can get Spain to declare us first. I expect those AIs have 2 spears in average and maybe plus an archer in their towns. We should have about 10 units before we declare. We already have 3 AC and 2 horsemen (mostly in Hangshow). We probably won't have too much gold for upgrading to riders due to the gpt payment, so we may just connect the iron and build riders directly. I'd rather the army to be filled by riders if possible. Delphi and Knossos would be the 2 target towns. Greece has no resources connected so the only counter will be archers.

Or, we just keep building riders and wait for the gpt payment to run out (in 16 turns) then we take on Spain to extort techs. Probably the safest approach.

Remember, our variant probably requires combat settlers. We need to set some cities up for this purpose.

Awesome steal ... risky, but nice it worked out. On our next target...
I think we should get Greece first, unless we can get Spain to declare us first. I expect those AIs have 2 spears in average and maybe plus an archer in their towns.
Greece will have hoplites not spears while Spain could upgrade to pikemen (but probably hasn't done with many yet). So we should expect 3 def. units in the cities. As we can build riders now, I would do so and wait till at least the army is filled with them.

Preflight check: Cities rioting but stopping them will cause starvation. Just hope they don’t break the furniture. We could fit 1 more city south of Beijing at distance 4 (SE of the forest)

IBT: Damn, the mob in Shanghai destroyed the barracks :( ; Nanking riots; Spanish are building Sistines

T1: 70AD I MM Shanghai to stop the riot. We’ll lose 1 citizen but I don’t want them to destroy the market as well.

IBT: Shanghai starves but no more furniture will break.

T2: 90AD Move galley and workers; I have to force Shanghai to riot again as it would have dropped to pop 5.

IBT: Shanghai riots and we become a republic; Egypt completes the Great Lighthouse

T3: 110AD Need to bump lux tax up to 20% to keep Beijing and Shanghai from starving. We now may +12gpt with 0% research. We don’t have anyone near the Iron so no riders are able to be started. No deals available atm

IBT: Beijing horseman -> settler; SoZ makes and AC; Shanghai makes a horseman -> barracks

T4: 130AD worker finishes roading extra ivory and moves to the iron. Spain will give us gpt for ivory but I hold off as I think we want to attack them in the next set.

IBT: Macao worker -> horseman

T5: 150AD Disband a warrior in Nanking

Shanghai barracks -> temple (to help with the happiness issue there)

T6: 170AD Move some more workers

Canton worker -> market; Greeks are building Sistine’s

T7: 190AD A bunch of civ’s are up Theology now. No one has engineering.

IBT: Beijing settler -> horseman; Tatung harbor -> temple

T8: 210AD Move worker movement

IBT: Iron near Tatung connected; SoZ -> AC; Xinjian horseman -> market; Chengdu barracks -> pike; Tientsin horseman -> rider

T9: 230AD Switch Beijing to a rider

T10: 250AD Found Chinan S of Beijing -> temple

There a reg archer in Canton that should be disbanded. We can get 7gpt and 17g from Spain atm for ivory. We cannot trade with anyone else. Riders are being build but none will come online very soon.

We are paying 40gpt for troop support atm but I really can’t see anywhere we can cutback. As the horseman and riders come online, reduce our archer count.

If we go after Greece, we will definitely need combat settlers to grab Athens. WW will be a problem fast since we can barely keep people happy with our current economy. Hopefully, the markets will fix that. Good luck.

Hmm, I actually didn't know that rioting would cause loss of improvements. I think during my turns maybe we lost something else too. Maybe granary? Not sure about that. :(

Anyway, we are now Republic and we need those towns to grow.

I wouldn't worry about Athens right now. I'd like take the two eastern towns in the first war, then go after Spain. Take a couple towns, sue for peace, and come back. It seems to be the best approach.

microbe
gozpel
grahamiam
Aggie - up
grs - on deck

Top Bottom