MIC2 - Lightning Chinese Riders

Sorry guys, I'm going to have to drop out :(. I leave for four weeks at the crack of dawn tommorow. I'll find out how it turned out though!

grs said:
@microbe: european soccer championship - and the dutch won their first penalty shoting for ages - if not their first at all

Ah, of course, I am so stupid. I thought Aggie was participating in some championship. :)

Gogf, sorry to know you are busy. It means we go back to 5 players.

PreTurn: Canton switched to temple, moving army back to core, no reasonable way to get republic faster atm
IBT: Spain and Greece fight, India starts Great Library and finishes the Pyramids, Americans start Temple of Artemis, The Great Library and The Hanging Gardens, Spain starts Great Library
530bc: nothing
IBT: Mongols start Temple of Artemis and Great Library; Greeks have a worker settler pair and a galley with unknown load at the se of the isle
510bc: switch Xinjian to galley (where's our curragh gone?)
IBT: Mongols ask for 27 gold...<5 minutes later> I give in...not because I am convinved it is right though; by scanning the Mongols lands I find a fortified warrior, huh!?, greek galley gets redlined by barb galley - so close :devil2: given the knowledge of greeks settling plans I change ours a bit to secure land; one will be founded ne of iron at the coast, the other n, ne of the eastmost elephant and the third at the proposed red dot;
490bc: Tatung founded - starts harbor
IBT: Greek settler is blocked and moves around, ship moves back; we can build the forbidden palace now
470bc: nothing
IBT: Greek settler tries to cross; Beijing settler-market
450bc: "The Weasel is Connected!" (it gets late here)
IBT: Isabella wants 29 gold - she alreay has more than 1500 - how greedy (yes this time I give convinced)
430bc: we found Macao - that was really close as Alex continues to cross towards the elephants, and we may again need to change our building plans, for now I have to try blocking again; I could ask him to leave or declare, but that would be stupid; our army reaches Shanghai
IBT: Alex starts to run around our block; Nanking settler-horse; Tietsin barracks-horse
410bc: block movement
IBT: block evasion movement; Mongols kick our warrior out again
390bc: movement
IBT: Spanish start Great Lighthouse, since they finished the Great Library in Madrid
370bc: ...
IBT: Greek ship is healed and back; Xinjian galley-horseman; Mongols and Indian start Great Wall; Americans the Mouse Tower
350bc: Anjang is founded and starts temple to get the whales; we can trade resources to Spain now, we could trade ivory for cash soon if we want to, we may be one turn late to block the greeks from our elephant shores, though I did all that was possible (I hope at least). I know I settled kind of intuitive, but otherwise the greeks would have - just hope I didn't get to paranoid about them getting behind our line and to the elephants as I am well aware they would never had a chance to connect them in time to steal the ToA.

grs said:
510bc: switch Xinjian to galley (where's our curragh gone?)
it was sunk between turns 5 and 6 during my go. sorry, i called it a "dingy" instead of a "galley" so I'm sure it was lost in the translation. nice set, too bad about the ivory but I wouldn't worry as we should be about 4T from SoZ.

IHT: Whip the temple in Tsingtao. It had 20 shields left, so the timing is perfect. Tmeple in Hsangchow is whipped with 17 shields left.

IT: The Mongols kick us out. Tsingtao: temple->courthouse. Hangchow: temple->market.

Turn 1 (330 BC) :sleep:

IT: Tsingtao deposed our government and allied with Spain :( We lost our incense. Greece natuyrally doesn't sail for the ivory, but has our southern tip as target.

Turn 2 (310 BC) This was a serious set-back, but we can keep our lux tax on 0%.

IT: Spain starts Sun Tzu.

Turn 3 (290 BC) Xinjian and Nanking swapped from horseman to temple. They are close to Spain as well. Shanghai demands a lux tax of 10%.

IT: Greece appears to beat us to the spot in the south. A redlined barb galley makes our galley promote. We finish the Statue of Zeus.[/i[ Shanghai starts marketplace next.

Turn 4 (270 BC) Greece and Spain have Feudalism. Our settler one tile NE of the original dot, but the Greeks block the ideal place.

IT: The Greeks move the settler pair and allow us to settle instead :) Egypt finishes ToA, The Mongols finish The Great Wall, India finishes MoM, France finishes the Hanging Gardens.

Turn 5 (250 BC) Shantung is settled, starts with barracks.

Turn 6 (230 BC) Our galley spots the French border.

IT: Tientsin: horse->horse. Greece still founds a city in the south.

Turn 7 (210 BC) France is backward and lacks CoL and Literature. They have Monarchy. The galley now also spots yellow borders. Temple whipped in Nanking.

IT: Nanking: temple->market.

Turn 8 (190 BC) We meet Egypt. Also backward. The four civs that know Monotheism now al;so learned Feudalism. Deals were not possible, no money.

IT: We produced our first Ancient Cavalry. Shanghai has an empty army, which should be filled with AC's imho.

Turn 9 (170 BC) :sleep:

Turn 10 (150 BC) Temples whipped in Canton and Chengdu. America, Greece, Spain and India are advanced, Mongolia is equal and the rest is backward.

I would love to play,but i suck.I've been checking the forums daily looking for someone to have an opening.If you guys are ok with a not so great player then I would really love to play.

Top Bottom