Mic5 - The Butt Kisser

microbe

Cascaded Mansion
We'll be playing a standard continent map as England.

Difficulty: Deity
Opponents: America, Iraq, Russia, China, Korea, Germany, France

Variant Rules: America is our blood brother. We must do whatever we can to support it.
1. We must establish embassy at the first opportunity with it. If we don't have cash to do so, we have to save it and stop spending on anything other than necessary luxury or ongoing gpt payment (no science or rushing or new payment).
2. We must cave in to all demands from America. We must not demand tribute from America.
3. We must declare on any AI that is at war with America, unless there is an ongoing deal/peace treaty/MA/MPP. In the latter case, we must not make new credit payment or diplo treaties to the AI and we must declare as soon as the current deal runs out, unless America already makes peace by then.
4. We must accept any diplo request from America (RoP/MA/embargo) except MPP, unless it affects ongoing deal (see 3).
5. We must stay in a representative gov (Republic or Democracy) if America is in such a gov too and we have the tech. We must revolt to one of Facism/Feudalism/Monarchy if America revolts back to one of those govs from Republic/Democracy.
6. We must vote for America if possible in a UN vote.
7. If America is destroyed by someone, we must stay in war with that civ forever until we destroy it or are destroyed.
8. We cannot declare on America. If America declares on us, we must make peace at the first opportunity.
9. We must not ask Americans to leave from our country.
10. We must not raze any city that was originally American. We must gift it back to America as soon as it's safe to do so (won't be captured back by the enemy).

Goal: Gold medal if we win and America is alive at the end. Silver medal if America wins. Bronze medal if we win and America is killed. Loss if otherwise.

Who is in? :)

Roster (full):
microbe
Kaiser_Berger
gozpel
danz
Gyathaar
grahamiam

I had told myself I wouldn't get into any more SGs right now, but this one looks like too much fun to resist. I'll bite.

:lol: How can I resist a game with that title? :lol:

Nice concept too.

Count me in, my life is almost back to normal and I can start playing my SG's again (in a day or two)

Hmm, what if America is on another continent? We might not meet them until 1000AD or something.

It's OK if it's on another continent. Actually I'd prefer so as it's closer to the reality.

EDIT: I made some rule change. We are not required to MA with America, but just declare on whoever is at war with it. We must accept MA if America suggests so, of course.

Oh, this is beautiful! How could I resist such a great game?

I'm in!

The challenge will be in figuring out a strategy that fits our diplomatic constraints. Maximize the number of trades so we don't have to go to war with America's enemies? Keep them isolated so they don't get into trouble? What if they're the runaway civ, is the only way to win a space race? Is espionage allowed, and if it is, what do we do if we get caught and they declare war?

Fun, fun, fun!

danz said:
Oh, this is beautiful! How could I resist such a great game?

I'm in!

The challenge will be in figuring out a strategy that fits our diplomatic constraints. Maximize the number of trades so we don't have to go to war with America's enemies?

Sure. We need excuses to stay out of war so we aren't screwed up by our aggressive blood brother too badly.

danz said:
Keep them isolated so they don't get into trouble? What if they're the runaway civ, is the only way to win a space race? Is espionage allowed, and if it is, what do we do if we get caught and they declare war?
Fun, fun, fun!

Espionage is allowed, of course. We kiss the butt on the table, but under it we can do whatever we want. :)

You could set it up so you have a locked alliance with america and try to deal with all the bad consequences with that..
this would ofcourse mean that you would risk breaking a lot of deals and ruin your reputation on the whim of the american AI president :)

lurker's comment:
I would only award a Bronze metal if you win but America is destroyed. Otherwise, a strategy that followed the rules (but not the intent) while still getting America killed off early would free you to do whatever you pleased and still get the gold medal. It is also fairly unlikely America will be eliminated before you meet them.

Edited: I'm having problems with my C3C disk atm :blush: . Forget what I said.

Top Bottom