Middle East 2006: C3C Only

Well NATO and most EU members are united; militarly speaking, although not economicly; I wish there was like somthing like a Locked Allince in that you couldn't go to war but didn't do the rest. Aslo you most consider that if Turkey is attacked the US aids Turkey (or anyother NATO State) so if a Mid-East Country Attacks a NATO State then the US won't help its allies.

Sorry about that Al. I fixed that problem and posted the new one. I'm sorry to say I was suspecting I forgot to fix the terrorist. I think that that's the only tweak I made since I played it last. Unfortunately my computer's being disagreeable at the moment and crashes before I get to the "Choose Your Civ" screen. Otherwise I'd check it again to make sure.

I don't disagree about the alliances. It's just difficult to implement into the game. And the countries that would be most prone to attack a NATO state are more likely to go to war with the US first anyway. I doubt that Ukraine or one of the Cacasian states would attack Turkey. It's only serious threats are Iran and Syria, both of which -- due to the terrorists in Iraq -- are more prone to go to war with the US first.

Cool scenario, but how about moving the Iranian nuke programme down the the coast - Bushehr perhaps?

Looks great, but unfortunately my PC always crashes before it reaches the civ choose page too - any idea what the problem is?

Anyway, I checked out the biq and am really looking forward to getting this working :)

I'm really sorry, but I can't figure this out at all. It still crashes. It worked before. I just went through the PediaIcons and checked all the civilopedia entries for the units and techs to make sure that they were all there. Maybe one of the more experienced modders who's downloaded it help me out?

I'll try v1.02 (not uploaded yet). I took Bombshoo's advice and deleted a number of the cities in that one. I can't imagine why that would be the problem, though. I didn't add any cities since the session from which I took the screenshots.

This is really weird. I made a new version (2.0) that doesn't even require any text or art files and it still crashes after it's loaded 76%. Has anyone ever had this happen before with another scenario?

I've figured out the problem: the tech tree. I was using a system similar to that in GRM7584's MESim -- that is no era-techs for each civ or group of civs, so that they each have their own tech tree.

I'll see if I can fix it using flavors instead and have the functioning version up tomorrow.

I've none non-era techs and its worked fine. Do this place a stragteci resource. It also crashes though on another one I have that dosen't use non-era techs.

Yeah, it worked earlier (as the American tech-tree screenshot indicates), but I just tried making a new biq and importing rule sets one at a time (new civs, everything else standard, and so on), and it stopped working when I imported the civilization advances. I remade it using flavors instead of no-era techs; uploading presently.

The way it should work now, trying to research the tech of a different flavor will be like the Romans trying to research a barbarian tech in the Fall of Rome scenario. It would take >100 turns.

Top Bottom