Midgard fantasy mod

Have you tried "Conquests!", then? (Although, I'm sure it goes into Civ-Content)

Other than that, I really do not know what the problem is.

Yeah, i checked that folder too. The strange thing is that today when I turned on Civ for the first time, it crashed saying there was something wrong with finding a file in the conquests folder...

I'm all out of ideas. Maybe (and this may be a long shot), you could try looking at Fireaxis' technical support site (you can find it when looking though the Tech support forums).

I'm having trouble downloading this. MY comp won't deal with .exe format. I tried changing it to .zip and .bic, bix, biq, but no luck. I'm on a mac, but all the other mods work for me. Any way of fixing this?

Being the resouceful person I am, I've found a way for someone to solve my problem. Turns out I have virtual PC on my mac. I dragged the .exe file intoit, used the wizard to unstuff it, and got the three maps. Problem is I couldn't drag the maps back tothe mac desktop, so if someone here would be kind enough to post the maps here in .zip or .biq/c/x format, mac users can download this mod.

PLEASE??? This was my favourite civ 2 mod, and I'm dying to try it...

Played the mode as the Goblins tonight (was a great distraction after taking my Contracts Exam today). Finally done studying! I love the scenario and it is just like the Midgard from Civ2. I want to offer some advice to change which I believe was even lacking in the Civ2 one and that is a great Dwarven Civilization. Could you maybe get some dwarven units and make a civilization of Dwarves for an optional Midgard scenario. That would aslo make it 8 player and still accessible with multiplayer. I may add a building for goblins that allows them to attain warrior every 5 or so, so they can get that so-called superior funcidity they had in Civ2. In original Civ2 they were suppose to be computer as well. This was an excellent remake and I have seen little problems with it so far, I just think you could play around with it and create new maps/mods (although I believe you should always keep a map of original one :) .

Never mind! I'm even more resourceful than I thought! I emailed, from V PC, the files to my hotmail, then opened them on my mac and they work! It feels like I'm reached the top of a building by taking the stairs instead of the lift...

Thank you volbound. Unfortunately I'm not planning an update, at least not in the near future. Though before making the recent 1.1 update, I had considered making a major update, including a new civilization. I wanted to make an ice-based race but I've run out of terrain types... anyway, the idea was dropped and I simply made an update with some new units/leaderheads etc. Oh, and the Goblins are weaker compared to civ2 on purpose, so that they can provide a challenge to human players.

Ozzy, I was told that Mac has problem recognising .exe format after releasing the last update. It's good you found a way round it (and I was unable to help you anyway, since I know nothing about Mac).

One problem I've been encountering: it seems that the Stygians have a tendency to race ahead in culture and claim an unstoppable culture victory. That doesn't seem very good, since while it's reasonable that they should be powerful in other ways, I don't think they should be winning like this. I thought I might edit the biq slightly and use Flavours to make them less likely to research/build culture-generating things and see if that made things a little better.

I spoke too soon...about 30 turns in a unit was created that it couldn't find the file for and it quit...I think it was something I missed...I'll update later.

Ozzy, keep in mind it's not a bug. Unfortunately the only solution I can suggest is installing it in Windows (it matters not if civ3 is there) and then burn the files to a CD, so you can copy them in your Mac.

Plotinus, I had never thought of that (I rarely play any civ3 game to the end). Though Stygians don't have any culture bonuses, it seems the immense number of cities they control is sufficient. Perhaps in a future update I should give them some penalties.

What's different/new with the latest version?
Does it just fix all the bugs I never experienced?

I want to play it again but should I d/l it again???

Johnnyjal, you can see the changes/additions here.

And what do you mean by the bugs you "never experienced"? As far as I know there are no bugs left, but if you do know of any please report them.

Thank you!

And sorry, I find no bugs.
I remember talk about some bugs when it first came out.
But I never experienced any bugs ever.

Nothing but fun for me, especially when I won as the Infidels.
I got wupped real good as the Humans by thoses skullheads though.

I will play the newest version as the Elf,
and build lots of trees..............

Thanks..

Pretty much all I need to say is this is an INCREDIBLY fun map. Absolute kudos to you, Yorgos, for both creating such a fun map in the style of the Midgard scenario, and in managing to get the sound file for the menu music for Midgard. It's fun to play it and listen to that at the same time.

I've managed to create about three maps based on your scenario. If you'd like, I can email the files and the folder to you so you can post them. The credit for making them is mine, but the credit for the foundation is of course yours.

The maps are:

Midgard+Dwarves - Your Midgard map with an extended Buteon homeland to include a Dwarven civilization at the bottom. The units are all Dwarven of course.

Midgard+Dwarves+Hobbits - A map of Middle-earth based on ROTCWinter's map, with the civilizations of Middle-earth at the time of the end of the Third Age. The Hobbits have their own Hobbit units of course.

Midgard+Middle-earth - The previous map, with the addition of a Buteon base off the shores of Middle-earth, and with the addition of Merfolk islands.

Hello Leobon! Thanks for your compliments. Did you actually made new scenarios based on Midgard, including new units and civilisations? That's a big surprise! Or are they just new maps? In any case it's a good idea to upload them in civfanatics as maps or scenarios (depending whether you added new units or not). Use the "upload file" link included in the bottom of any civfanatics page. You can also start a new thread about them, if you want to.

Note that due to real life issues, I haven't try modding or even play civilization or any other game during the last months. However if you upload your work, I'll definitely add a link in the first post.

Hello Leobon! Thanks for your compliments. Did you actually made new scenarios based on Midgard, including new units and civilisations? That's a big surprise! Or are they just new maps? In any case it's a good idea to upload them in civfanatics as maps or scenarios (depending whether you added new units or not). Use the "upload file" link included in the bottom of any civfanatics page. You can also start a new thread about them, if you want to.

Note that due to real life issues, I haven't try modding or even play civilization or any other game during the last months. However if you upload your work, I'll definitely add a link in the first post.

Hello Yorgos! Nice to meet you. You're very welcome.

I both made new units, civilizations, and I also made 3 new maps to go along, as described in my first post.

I'm afraid I'm not sure how to upload my work... the file for the folder is over 100 MB in size, and the upload link is only 10-30 MB maximum. How do I get around that?

http://www.filefactory.com/file/915ad0/

The above link will take you to the zipped folder called Midgard Dwarf. This folder is necessary to play the below maps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.filefactory.com/file/50da52/

The above link is a map called Midgard with D+H; it's a map using Yorgo's Midgard base, excluding Merfolks and Buteons, with Dwarves and Hobbits, on a map of Middle Earth I made myself.

http://www.filefactory.com/file/d71c44/

The above link is a map called Midgard with Dwarves; it's a map of Yorgo's Midgard with one addition: a larger Buteon base to include Dwarves in the south.

http://www.filefactory.com/file/3a5318/

The above link is a map called Midgard with full nations; it's a map of Middle Earth I made myself with all the original nations of Yorgo's Midgard scenario, with the addition of Dwarves and Hobbits. There are advanced unit transformations, such as Balrogs, Nazgul, Uruk-hai, and Olog-hai.

I also made a map called Middle Earth with preset cities, and settlers disabled. It's highly accurate of the Third Age of LOTR. However, the website won't show the ****ing file.

Thanks, I included a link in the first post. Of course you can also make a new thread for your scenarios. BTW as you can understand, "dirty" words are automatically replaced with asterisks. I understand that's part of the site's policy to protect children.

Top Bottom