• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

MilarNES: Birth of A Civilization

No, they only gave you 2 Culture after finishing them.

To: Seri

We would like to know whether you might be interested in opening trade with us.

EDIT: Just to be clear: Warriors never become obsolete. They will always be available to anyone that wishes to have an army, but remember that, as time passes, they will become worse soldiers when compared to the normal soldier of the age, and will only be useful if used in guerrilla-like tactics or en masse.

Good Update but I few questions,

1.I Should have the units which I builded last turn and also shouldn't I have invested 1.75EC in Bronze Working as well?

2.How much will cost to upgrade my Slingers to Atlatls, is the different in price between to units (i.e 0.25 per unit)? Or something else and please give example.

3.Also how did my warrior die, in the update you didn't say how or by who?

To: Seri

We would like to know whether you might be interested in opening trade with us.

To: Nootka

We agree to trade.

Edit: Edited because I didn't feel like double posting

Can get answer to upgrade question because it will effect my orders and also one more question.
Is their any negative effects to disbanding units (i.e lost in unit quality)?

Good Update but I few questions,

1.I Should have the units which I builded last turn and also shouldn't I have invested 1.75EC in Bronze Working as well?

2.How much will cost to upgrade my Slingers to Atlatls, is the different in price between to units (i.e 0.25 per unit)? Or something else and please give example.

3.Also how did my warrior die, in the update you didn't say how or by who?

1. Sorry. Send me last turn's orders and I'll correct the mistake.
2. It costs half your army level times the difference of cost between units. For example, with an army level of 4, it would cost 2 x 0.25 = 0.5 EC to upgrade 1 Slinger into an Atlatl.
3. The exhaustion of colonising so much around (pitiful excuse, I know).

And no, there are no negative effects to disbanding units.

Orders in. I hope that the nations i traded with don't forget their deals in the orders.

The journey was long and difficult. I didn’t know much about the size and shape of the empire, but I was sure we didn’t really take the shortest route…

It started in a warm but fertile area called Shawea or Home. From there we took the southern route through the desert. The heat was unbearable, it felt like I was cooking. Some of our weaker pilgrims died before we even reached the first oasis.

From there on it got much easier. The rest stops were used to pray, prepare for the religious moment they faced and to regain strenght. From the desert we crossed endless plains with weird animals and dark, funny speaking people. The mosquitoes where like vampire bats and progress was slow. A few of the pilgrims decided to stop the quest, and stayed in a small town called Asthu’que.

The guides said it wasn’t far from here, and after a few more weeks the sea was once again in sight. Our goal was very close now! While waiting for the ship to leave we prayed and dreamed about our quest, almost coming to an end.

The sea was wild, the boat small, and my stomach empty. This trip almost didn’t seem worth all the suffering. After a full day on the sea we finally reached our destination. The sight of this great Temple, with the images of Achamán and his brothers, sisters and parent! I was ready to give myself to the Temple, and to learn the way of Achamán.

We started the quest with 206 people, and the 25 that finally reached the Temple of Achamán were the chosen ones….

The land the God-Emperor controlled by 350 AB

Spoiler :

Loikáv
1: Loisibu
2: Loiphsetl
3: Loihede
4: Loijoiaetnaete
5: Loiedaenh
6: Loilyetaege
7: Loietetny
8: Loivaeivev

Loiezilae
9: Loirezilae
11: Loivyaermisn
12: Loiyáséraeá

Loimáetke
10: Loimáetke

Loidense
13: Loidense
14: Loivhssyoil
15: Loivivi
16: Loiyephpe
17: Loietoimael

Loidehrehlaee
18: Loidehrehlaee
19: Loidáś

Un-numbered (D'oh): Loiqeste

Sending orders from this moment till next Thrusday will result in those orders being followed but penalized for not sending them before. (Not my fault if you didn't read what I said before!)

Meaning, the following nations will be penalised:
Asia: Shanjuó, Singodia
Europe: Gaulic Confederation, Idyll (will go NPC), United Tribes of Milan.

shiv, i didn't recognise you with avatar change! order due?

The Business of Babylon is Business: The Grand Bazaar

The polytheistic Babylonians worshipped many gods, and for such business-minded people, it wasn’t surprising that the god of the ascetic was a relatively unpopular god. His priests begged for their daily food and did not have any material possessions. They spent their days wandering the streets providing aid where they could and praying for spiritual wisdom. They would regularly deprive themselves of food, water, or sleep so as to harden their minds and free their souls.

Today, one such ascetic was travelling the streets of Babylon, seeing the shops and people, homes and merchandise with fresh eyes, eyes that had not slept for over six days. The ascetic marvelled at the industry of the busy Babylonians; he had come to the ‘grand bazaar’.

The Grand Bazaar of Babylon was one of the largest covered markets in the world with more than 50 streets, over 1200 shops and between 50,000-100,000 visitors daily. It is well known for its jewellery, pottery, spice, carpet shops and slave auctions. Many of the stalls in the bazaar are grouped by type of goods, with special areas for leather goods, pork soda and the like. The bazaar itself contains several caravanserais to accommodate visiting merchant caravans as well as providing stabling and inn services to individual merchants from across the world.

And it had all come about… how? The ascetic had never heard of any formal government projects or funding or even planning. It was the work of industrious traders and merchants who had travelled to the far reaches of distant lands carrying spices, perfumes, carpets, inks, holy inscriptions, gold and returned with tin, wool, pottery and ceramics, timber and woodwork…

The ascetic came to a shop that sold pressed tin cutlery, a luxury from distant Gaul. Another shop sold rosewood incense, from not so distant Damiettia. Another shop sold intricately worked pottery and glazes from Roman lands. Here were beautiful exotic slaves from Milan.

The industry, the ceaseless efforts were overwealming for the ascetic; it was opposite to everything he believed in. Dozens of these merchants, nay hundreds or even thousands could die and yet the market would continue, the flow of goods would not stop, the tinkling sounds of coins changing hands would never cease.

And yet, if the ascetic’s will faltered for but a second, his philosophy would drain from his enlightened soul like water from a cracked amphora.

But wait, what was this little crystal trinket? Curiously clear yet glinting in the sun, a bauble to aid in meditation perhaps? Suddenly the ascetic wished he had coin with which to purchase the crystal.

No… the market's pull could never be stopped. It was greater than one man. It was greater than one philosophy. It was the heart of Babylon.

CBA.

Continue to push into India, build ships and capture srilanka, add a third outpost between the current two.

Meh, they can whistle for it ;)

To Singodia,
From Babylon,

We offer a wealth of knowledge and riches, not th least of which is access to the mediterranean nations' markets and merchants. we are in a position to allow your caravans to pass through our lands to these rich nations or to stop them at our borders.

Having said that, we would much prefer to do busines with you than war. We are, after all, the nation who's motto is; "The business of Babylon is business."

We propose:
1) the establishment of trade routes between our people.
2) we will allow you to trade though us with the european neigbours
3) you will allow us to trade with your asian and oceanic neighbours.
4) the public signing of an agreement stipulating that you shall not expand further westwards (but that you can expand between your two most westward points so that that the lands between them become yours)
5) the public siging of an agreement stipulating that that babylon shall not encroach on your lands and that babylonian eastern borders stop at your current most western lands.

This is great news to us and we look forward to our borders meeting and our tradesmen working hard across them.

Top Bottom