Minecraft

I've finished my castle and now working on building an elevated railroad system into the desert. But I might add an extra two floors to make it more imposing.

My new lavafall/disposal pit :D

I bought and messed around with alpha for about a week. Finally got kind of bored of the game itself. I'm waiting for Notch to get Multiplayer fully functioning. Then I'll probably pick it back up again.

Up until now I hadn't play the nether with sound (I play a lot of games muted). And OMG!!!! It's soooo creepy now.

The first time I went into the nether, I knew absolutely nothing about it. I didn't even know what monsters were in there. I just read that you could make the protal and thought it sounded cool, so I made one and went in.

First steps into the nether, I was deep underground. I hear giggling children, and think "whoa this is creepy. I wonder what the surface is like!" I break one block with my pick, and suddenly, I hear screaming. Since the sceaming started after I broke the block, I (incorrectly) figured that it must have been because it broke it. So I put the block back and got the hell out of there.

I read up on the nether a little more, and am preparing for my second journey.

Whatever you do, DO NOT attack the zombie pigmen.

Also, the creepy children laughing Ghast sound makes for an awesome Halloween soundtrack.

I like the new map algorithm. Creates some Avatar-like scenes. :)
And steep mountainsides.

Is it now normal to find forests already on fire?

They're on fire cus there's lava somewhere that set them on fire. So yeah, its fairly normal, if annoying.

Has anyone here found a slime? And is there anyway to look for them without just randomly walking around? (like they do they spawn around certain things)

Slimes spawn at the very bottom of the map (or they should, but I think the spawn code got bugged). They need a certain amount of room to spawn, and maybe flat ground. I'm not sure exactly, but I've noticed tons more in the mines I've dug myself than deep caves.

Hollowing out a large room seems to be the best way, but make sure its big enough. My first hollowed mine was large enough that they would spawn away from the ladder. My second was a little too small and I couldn't even go down there anymore, lol. For some reason after they spawn they gather around the corners of the room, so I get four swarms of them.

BTW I haven't seen one at all since the update, so I'm not sure if the bug got fixed or not.

As for the nether I'm a bit disappointed. It was cool at first, but now I think it needs more variety - maybe ectoplasm lakes, or soul trees, or new resources. Before the update I was liking the idea of having to get lantern materials from hell, but if its going to be so bland I think I'll change my mind.

I also think ghasts need to spawn less often, but take more than 3 arrows to kill. The interruption to building or mining lightstone is annoying, but they're not actually that tough. I want to be scared by them, not irritated.

Slimes are damned scary

I stumbled upon a huge nest of them while mining a downwards shaft to find a cave; died.

Went back to get my stuff; died

Again; died.

Goddam scary critters just JUMP you. Literally.

Fire. Lots of Fire. I have found a lighter to be my best friend.

slime orbs should be like snow balls and you can throw them to slow down mobs

I'm not playing this game, but what the F? Someone made Isengard!?!?

Thats not Isengard...thats Minas Tirith.

I dont think anyone's yet made Isengard, but there have been several versions of Orthanc (The black tower in Isengard)

Whenever I find a good spot I'm going to make helm's deep.

I want this game but ugh. I can't buy it...Yet. I'd totally want to create a giant tree fortress with trees that grow out of it and the trunk is hollow and theres a mine underground and...or maybe a cloud fortress if that's possible. I just wonder if my old Windows 2000 can run it...Probably not.

Top Bottom