Discussion in 'All Other Games' started by Leonel, Mar 11, 2010.
Link to video.
"redstone bugs". Lol.
You know what Minecraft really needs as a new boss?
ARE YOU CEREAL?
Very serial. It could torment planted crops and creep around in the caves. It's always on the map, a boss from the very start, but you will need to build up before you can fight him.
I support this notion
If anyone is looking for a good MP server that is very cooperative the Org has a great one. Thread is here:
The server is whitelisted so just post in the thread or PM TinCow at the org to be added. We just started a fresh world with a great seed not too long ago, so there is plenty of room to build.
I think manbearpig should get stronger for every block manufactured and every coal/charcoal/etc. burned in the world, to represent his growing strength due to global warming.
...As if I didn't need any MORE incentive to install IndustrialCraft II and set up a "green" power grid (solar panels & water mills) as soon as possible....
I second this. I want to see how quickly things go to hell once we're all in the server.
I think a no rules server would be fun for just a short time. Once you get a power imbalance between players it will become less interesting. Personally I much prefer cooperative environments as minecraft is all about building cool.things. You can't build as much if you always have to watch your back or worry about people messing with your stuff or griefing.
To that end, if anyone is interested in joining a good active cooperative server, PM me.
Does anyone still play Minecraft? I've only played it once in the past few years. I lost interest when it seemed like there was only so much you could do and when it seemed like I was getting dominated by people younger than me.
I played for several hundred hours, but that's also a reason I don't play it anymore.
Tried to play a bit a couple of weeks ago, but I apparantly still don't have a pc good enough to run the game well yet.
Also IRL stuff keeps me from delving deep into new games most of the time
This is still possible in 2016? Damn sorry to hear that
Not on higher graphics settings, at least
They released the remaining details about 1.11 - the exploration patch - today at Minecon.
I watched the video and the features they showed were:
- Adding Llamas - rideable mount - uses carpets as saddles - can carry chests like donkeys - spits and damages wolves (which run away from llamas) - if you attach a lead to them, a group of them might follow as a caravan
- Adding Woodland Mansion - end-game dungeon - contains 2 new enemy villager mobs - Evokers - who attack from range plus summons Vexes - flying creatures that attack you and phase through walls and floors it seems - and Vindicators - enemy villager mob that attacks you with an iron axe
- Adding Totems of Undying - drop of the evoker - consumed when you die, resurrects you and gives you some life - have to be equipped in main or offhand to work
- Adding Cartographer Villager - subset of a librarian (white coat) - sells ocean maps that show where an ocean monument is and woodland maps that show where woodland mansions are. If your "dot" location is really small it means the location is really far away
- Adding Skulker box - the skulker in the end will occasionally drop a skulker shell - 2 skulker shells plus a chest will make a skulker box - Skulker boxes can be broken down with items inside but the items remain inside and will still be there when you put the box down
- Adding End Island Portals - returns you to the main end island
- Adding Observer - acts a BUD timer supposedly.
- Adding /locate command in creative mode - allows you to find temples, monuments, strongholds and nether fortresses
- I might have missed a couple of items as well
First snapshot with these items will be out on Wed Sept 28 - and since 1.11 is essentially complete, it sounds like they expect a release for 1.11 fairly soon.
I've been playing on godking's minecraft realms server for the past year but it will shut down soon. Here's a link to the thread we have about it on weplayciv:
Does it add any new shapes to actually build different looking stuff with?
Anyone know of a good server?
Separate names with a comma.