• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Minor Suggestions Thread

Not everyone liked the american revolution. Only 33% were patriots, 33% were loyalists, and the other 33% were neutralists.

I some-how doubt that the patriotic rate was exactly 33%, 33%, 33%.

Still, there were loyalists, so therefore Rhye has the right to keep the unhappy faces there.

Yeah, I have heard that they had roughly equal numbers too...

That figure acutally comes from something John Adams said about American sentiment toward the French Revolution.

- Cadiz isn't renamed to Gades if the Romans conquer it.
- Copenhagen is spelled wrong for the German civ, should be Kopenhagen.

Seems like you are very predetermed yourself when you play. "As England, I need to colonize the east coast, ot else..."

Colonize Canada, Africa and Australia, and leave the East Coast of America alone

Yeah I pulled off my England UHV with my colonies in NA being in the back end of Hudson Bay and Quebec because I left NA for last while trying to get to Asia, Australia, and South America and lost out on South Africa in the process. There's not real need to re-enact 1776.

And Abo should be called Turku when captured or built by the Russians (also reposted from that thread).:lol:

I made two changes for the Mercenaries:

1)At first I let them appear in my capital, not in my farthest city.

I believe it is more logical and less annoying. Normally foreign soldiers would head right for the capital in order to meet the person, who has hired them and then to receive their orders. Apart from this it is really annoying when the urgently required Mercs suddenly appear somewhere in the jungles and you need the equivalent of 300 years just to move them to their intented posting.
Your capital is normally well connected, therefore it is much easier to deploy troops from there.

2) I also changed the delay time. Normally Mercs arrive only the next turn, but this is unlogical as well, because no Merc needs 40 years to reach me after I hired them. Therefore Merc now appear in the same turn when they were hired, but have no movement points.

I believe that the fact that they have no movements points is compensating for the extra turn (and btw. in this case Mercs also have to get paid one more round). Still it is a very important change, because the Merc can still defend in this case and can still be deployed on ships and therefore already be on the way to their intended location in the same turn.

Any chance of adding these in the next pach Rhye as well as RFC Random?

P.S. Weren't you already going to change the first one?

I'd prefer to be able to choose where my mercenaries were delivered. The unpredictability is one of the main reasons I don't use them.

Remove the "red" in diplomatic exchanges to allow one nation to bribe/"convince" another nation to go to war. Almost impossible to do so as it stands right now since going to war with Natives or Independents (which most countries are perpetually at war with) counts as "Having enough on our hands right now" so as a result you can never even bring up the topic with anyone which I believe hurts diplomacy greatly.

It would be nice to see another nations trying to sweeten the pot and offer something in return when they ask you to go to war with their enemy instead of just (unrealistically) saying "Do it or else!" Very rarely did nations agree to take on such a momentous decision as going to war simply because another nation asked them to with nothing promised in return.

You also might want to consider tweaking the re-spawn rate for nations that are conquered by Mongolia. Two reasons for this:

1. Mongolia remains a powerful civ very late into the game and has few real enemies that are close to it.

2. Historically, when the Mongols conquered a nation, particularly one of a very high culture, they eventually became assimilated to that culture. So the Mongols in China would gradually adopt Chinese culture and form the Ming dynasty and when the Mongols invaded Persia they converted to Islam and eventually became the Safavid empire.

Tweaking the re-spawn rates should make the Mongols less of a powerhouse, make the game more historical and also perhaps might 'spice' it up a bit by seeing if a resurgent Persia or China can regain past glory.

Úmarth;7033461 said:
I'd prefer to be able to choose where my mercenaries were delivered. The unpredictability is one of the main reasons I don't use them.

Au contraire, you can almost always predict where they are going to appear (the most recently conquered or founded city), which helps immensely to protect your colonies (e.g. my Incan New Orleans). Later on, true, it's impossible to predict where, but then it becomes less critical to have mercenaries unless you playing Hannibal.

Why the Manila tile is jungled now? It wasn't always that way, was it?

BTW, what are the pines are doing in South Africa?

End the situation where your vassals can declare war on somebody you're on good terms with (usually one of the strong civs!). By definition, your vassal should do what you want not make independent decisions which drop you in the crap! Really annoying! Esp. when my vassal has a vassal of his own who drops everybody in it.:mad:

Are you playing with version 1.181 jessicat? I thought that the vassal of a vassal bug was ironed out in a recent patch.

Ya. I'm playing a Spanish game 1.181 unlocked 600AD and my vassal Monty declared war on the French, which got me involved in a war at home with them I didn't really need, esp as I had only musketmen to defend against their cavalry and trebuchets. Luckily, a few cannons stopped their invasion and they accepted peace, but I didn't want that war in the first place.
Same goes for the vassal of a vassal thing. I've had that in previous games.

OK, one of my pet peeves happen to be city population sizes but these two in particular have irked me:

1. Why is Inverness so huge? It can easily become a size 20 city or higher, can easily out-grow London and most other famous European cities.

2. Mexico City (Tenochitclan) is way too small. And yes, this includes both the modern Mexico City and during the Aztec era. When Cortez entered Tenochitlan, it was already one of the populous cities in the world and was already bigger than many contemporary European capitals.

Today Mexico City is one of the top metropolis' in the world with perhaps only Tokyo being bigger but in RFC I never see a game where Mexico City is in the top 5 in total population.

Top Bottom