Miscellaneous Graphics Thread

New default city screen for Overlords - National versions will be uploaded soon.
WW2City.png

Attachments

• City.bmp
    1.4 MB · Views: 147
New collection of WW2 city UI graphics, made for Overlords, or whatever scenario you wish to drop them into.
NewOverlordCityCollection.png

Attachments

• CityAmerican.bmp
    1.4 MB · Views: 143
  • CityBritish.bmp
    1.4 MB · Views: 148
  • CityChinese.bmp
    1.4 MB · Views: 152
  • CityGerman.bmp
    1.4 MB · Views: 147
  • CitySoviet.bmp
    1.4 MB · Views: 145
  • CityJapan.bmp
    1.4 MB · Views: 152
Last edited:
@Tanelorn @Fairline @Broken_Erika @CurtSibling

Hi all! Wasn't sure where to put this, miscellaneous seemed appropriate.

I've been playing Freeciv the last few years and got real into the community. Started helping with rulesets, then found this place. And found some of your graphics are already used on Freeciv with credits given to you.So I assume you approved of that and would approve of me using your graphics for Freeciv rulesets but I just wanted to make sure. Partly because I might use A LOT, I've downloaded a vast majority of what you've posted here. :D

Also I wanted to give back a little to the community - so here's some random work I've done after finding this site about a month ago:

Left = Moscow Kremlin.Part of it anyway, it's massive! Walls from CurtSibling, I believe.

Middle = Airport someone posted here, added lights for better detecting in game and because pretty colors, I like them. :)
Then some RL artillery pics that shrunk down nice.

Right = Fairline Barbarian I edited to give a 'can't afford chainmail' look."
Ancient ship that almost scaled down well, maybe.
and finally the I edited the spear maiden (Tanelorn's I think?) into a hard working and sexy farmer's wife.
What? Hey, don't look at me like that. Blame Tanelorn's nymphs, they corrupted me. :D

Attachments

• randomwork_CK.png
    randomwork_CK.png
    86.8 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:
@skulb made some utterly amazing city backgrounds a few years ago for his star trek mod. Too many to post here as he posted a whole bunch of variants (TOS, TNG, ENT) in this thread:
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/civ2-mpg-city-screen.561548/

He also did some other non-tek ones such as an Orville one and a utterly amazing Fallout one. Man I wish there was a fallout scenario to pair that with!

Also found these misc & city graphics by St Leo while looking at old versions of the SLeague. Transport Tycoon, Age of Wonders (to go with the AoW units I just posted over in the units thread), and Age of Empires!
stleo_ttdlx.gif

lpetr_aowcities.gif

stleo_aoe_cities.gif

Last edited:
Here's a weird and fun addition to the graphics collection. A Civ 2 Playstation graphics extraction!!

After I found Wiron's Playstation graphics mod for PC Civ2 and posted those test screenshots it kinda annoyed me that he didn't 'finish the job' and convert other stuff. I own a physical copy of Civ2 for Playstation so I thought I'd have a look at its files to see how similar to PC it was and sure enough it was quite similar but with things broken down into subfolders and there was a nice graphics folder containing all the familiar names like Terrain1, Terrain2, City, Icons etc. however they were in a strange playstation graphics file format called TIM. Thankfully there are multiple programs and websites that can be found in google that convert them to png files. So I fed all the files into the converter and converted them. I've put them all into the attached 7zip file.

It's interesting to see how they squished things down to a lower resolution but increased the colours, while also keeping a very similar layout and positioning in the files to the PC version but with no borders or cell sizes and just a black background. So it looks like I could convert the rest of the graphics Wiron didn't do over to the PC version without too much trouble.

Also interestingly some of those TIM converters allow the reverse conversion of PNG and other files into TIM files so in theory diehard Civ2 PlayStation lovers could probably mod the PSX version to have custom graphics (using an ISO editor).

Here's an example of some of the files in the 7zip..

TERRAIN1.png

CITIES.png

UNITS.png

Attachments

• PlaystationGraphics.7z
    120.8 KB · Views: 112
Top Bottom