mm11: Persian Pandemonium AWN 1CC

Mark1031

Deity
This will be a step up from mm9. I kept the same roster but I'll wait for a checkin from everyone who is interested. We will try the powerful immortal in this one.

Settings:

Persia
Noble
Always war
One city
No Barbs
Standard pangaea
Require we have horses.

Roster:
Mark
Corbeau
GreyFox
Shinku
Eggs
open

Sorry, folks. But it looks like I'm going to be forced to pass on this one. There is one thing I might suggest, though. You should consider turning the barbarians back on. I found it pretty easy in MM9 knowing that some stray Axeman wasn't going to step out of the fog behind our lines. With barbarians on, we would have been forced to leave some troops behind to defend our city.

Well a noble game with immortals is definitely more challenging with keshiks. Keshiks have base strength 6 (replaces horse archers), whereas Immortals are base strength 4 (replaces Charriots). Plus Immortals do not ignore terrian movement cost, so getting them in place will be quite slow. I tried a test game yesterday, and by the time the immortals reach the one of the further opponents (not the furthest, mind you), they already have axeman in place, which the immortals find it hard to fight.

My humble opinion is we have to be really fast to win this game, and can't afford to slow down to raze city. Prime objective is to suppress the AI's workers and settlers, while we bring cataputs and swords to take them out one by one.

-

I'm also going to have to decline this one. I'm finally down to a manageable amount of SG's (just finished four so down to three from seven). I'd like to participate in the HoF games so unfortunately will have to decline. Thanks for the offer, and good luck!

OK I guess we are looking for 3 warmongers.

Well Ill give this one more bump. I've play tested this and it is quite doable but far from easy. Need at least 2 more players.

Well, I lost my last solo game, a Noble OCC aiming for diplo, and ended up loosing the Space Race by four mere turns. I guess I need to practice my great people and AI manipulation skills.

But I'm quite the warmonger type, and comfortable on Prince. So, i'm signing up if that's ok :)

Alternatively, this would be my first SG, although I've been lurking for quite some time.

OK I will start this with the 4 of us but we really need at least 1 and preferably 2 more.

I only just started my first SG ever (same one as shinku) and I've never played a OCC but I'd be interested in giving this a shot if you're really desperate :p.

Eggs said:
I only just started my first SG ever (same one as shinku) and I've never played a OCC but I'd be interested in giving this a shot if you're really desperate :p.

Sure why not. It is a learning experience and really this is more about war than OCC. It is really about the power of early aggression with strong fast units.

4000: Found in place and start warrior. Research-> AH. Head E with scout. N looks like Jungle.

3970: Wow see boarders already. It’s Monty. Will have to take care of him sooner rather than later.

3880: Hut hives 65gp.

3520: Hut gives mining. Bud FIDL.

3440: AH->Wheel

3400: Warrior->worker

3360: Hut gives 79gp.

3280: Monty is on a peninsula right next to us. He is cramped and not long for this world I think. Meet Huyan from the N. lucky he doesn’t kill my scout.

3080: Wheel->pottery

3000: Spot Huayan’s city straight N.

2680: Meet Isabella NE.

2600: Meet Mansu S of Isabella

2040: Meet Vicky.

2000: Well It’s 1975BC, I hit enter but haven't moved.

I guess I did't write everything down. I got pottery and Bronze Working in there. There is no copper. started on IW but that can be vetoed. Horses almostr hooked up and Rax almost done.

OK Monty is right on top of us and I’m not too worried about him. He will never get off the ground. Incans are N/NW and everyone else is clustered in the E/NE . Standard aggressive mode. Get the immortals out before anyone can hook up metals. Pillage and take out settlers/ new cities. I would try to finish Monty right away.

Everyone play 20 the first round and then 10.

Roster:
Mark
Corbeau-UP
GreyFox-On Deck
Shinku
Eggs
open

Top Bottom