MM4:The Rule of 6, Sid 6CC-Conquest

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads9/MM4_1890AD.SAV

Okay, the only thing really worth noting that I didn't mention before is that when making peace with the Zulu, I took Astronomy as well as all of their cities. It didn't look to me like we'd ever build any more dromons, and the extra move and extra space for transport seemed worth losing the ability to build our UU. I built a few of them for quick transport of new units back and forth between our island and the other islands.

The Inca now have two cities. They managed to slip another one in before I could completely block off the way. We also founded a city there, since we had the settler. We might end up getting eight cities again at some point, so we may be able to disband one of the armies and then fill a new one with two units for drop off on the Mongol island, once we are ready.

The Zulu have at least a few settlers sitting in their last city. I am concerned that as soon as we move our units in, the settlers will be able to start pouring out, since we can only block on space. Their last city also looks like it will be tough to take down with the forces we have, which is why there are caravels on the way over with some reinforcements, and I was considering sending some dromons over for more bombard help. Most of the dromons are parked just outside of Inca territory, with most of the units from the Inca campaign aboard the ships healing. Anyway, we can declare again on the Zulu this turn since our 20 turns of peace are up, but I am not sure how to manage it so that we don't have to go through the whole process another time.

You really hammered the Inca. Good work Berkeley bound boy. You play all this civ and still get into Berkeley :goodjob: . I always knew civ players were smarter than average. I've got it.

Um, thanks.

Actually, I am surprised Civilization didn't have more of a negative effect on the college application process. Back in November when that all was happening, I was just starting to really get into Succession Games. I was noticing other players of the same age saying "Oh no, I can't play, I have college apps," but for some reason that did not deter me from joining more games.

[By the way Mark, thanks for reminding me with your alliterative comment why I generally do not share details online of what I am doing in real life. Though I may be a little oversensitive about that one since a friend of mine says what you said insultingly, and you did not. Well, I don't think you did.]

bed_head7 said:
Though I may be a little oversensitive about that one since a friend of mine says what you said insultingly, and you did not. Well, I don't think you did.]
Of course not. You should be quite proud. I'm a professor at UCSD and know how hard it is to get into any of the good UC schools esp. Berkeley. Good luck.

bedhead :hatsoff: when I read you start in Berkeley I was really impressed. I like this attitude: playing games and still making it to such a place. Shows of what standard Civ players are. :D

Early: Rush temple in Inca beachhead on pre-turn to get the boarder expansion. Continue movement of the reinforcements to Zulu land ETA 6-8 turns. Also send along about ½ of the dromon fleet to evacuate the troops for the Inca campaign Switch production to muskets in anticipation of the defense of the Incan beachhead in 18 turns. I also declare on the Zulu on the first turn and move in to block their exit. This was no problem as it only required covering 2 squares, 1 with army and one with the SoD. Also sent out a couple of workers to lead the Zulu units outside the capitol on a merry chase through the mountains.

Middle: The fall of Shaka. This was a tougher fight than I expected. They had about 5 muskets and 10-15 impi. I could bombard down to the impi and I did take out some each turn while waiting for reinforcements. Just as the reinforcements arrived they lost their barracks and that along with the extra dromons it was more than enough to take them out. I immediately disband the musket army and load all troops for the trek back to Inca beachhead. ETA 6-8 turns i.e. just in time for the peace to run out.

Late: Incan massacre. I had moved all troops including the knight army into the beachhead city. Our entire army was there and it was still a close call but the Inca are toast. I issued a leave or declare at the end of the 18 and to my surprise they left. Oh well that was not actually what I wanted so I just declare. I don’t think I have seen a furious AI with more power (in theory) than you give in. Well I was a little taken aback by what the Incans brought to bear. I counted about 120 archers, more importantly only 17 LB and an about 130 spears along with a few warriors all next to our city. On the first turn of war they sacrificed at least 30 of their fast scout warriors whatever they are called. So they in total brought about 300 units. I’m glad they weren’t knights and LBs. Well we were able to take out a small stack on about 20 archers and 3 LBs but they still had a massive number of troops to attack, I had by now rushed walls and rax but only had a total of 15 muskets, 1 pike followed by a huge number of MI as well as the full health knight army. If they get under the muskets too quick we could lose a lot of MI. I almost abandoned the city but went ahead. Well we lost about 20 units, but the Incans needless to say lost far more. The army survived and most of the loses were muskets and a few AC and MI. A good trade IMO as indicated by the power graph. I took 1 more turn to kill a stack of injured units and more importantly to execute a trap of a stack of about 90 spears. Please keep them trapped as that is 90 less spears to kill. I think the Incans should fall pretty quickly now. You might switch back to muskets for the Mongol invasion. It is amazing the number of troops the Sid AI has. Enjoy 20 turns each.

Dl123654 UP
Bead Head7 On Deck

Take your time as I am on vacation for the next 10 days.

Good job on taking out Zulus.

I would like to take it but my computer is being repaired again :sad:.

It will be at least monday before I get it back.

Bed can take it or we can wait.

I may have decided to play. Thirty-one turns. At twenty, I was going to stop, but I thought "I may just be able to finish this up in four or five, and really, what is the point of passing it off." Eleven turns later, which isn't that bad, but after committing one of the worst exploits out there, the game finally ended in 1972 AD.

Somewhere in the 1950s

Then at 1960, where I was waaaaaay overly optimistic

Somewhere between this point and 1972, I get frustrated with the sheer number of Mongolian units blocking my path, and end up getting all of their cities in peace. And then I failed to goad them into declaring war, even after a failed steal attempt, so I went ahead and declared war before a single turn had elapsed and with tons of units in their territory. I didn't think anyone would mind much at this point, and I hope I was right. At that point, we didn't need a rep, so the worst part of the exploit wasn't a factor, and we had a clean rep up until that point, so that too wasn't bad. So please forgive me. Anyway, in 1972

Next IT

And finally, what I think must be one of the lowest recorded Sid scores, if not the lowest (though it did top my previously empty HoF)

Well, it was fun. I wish I had had my current comptuer before these last two turnsets, as the whole loading thing and ITs went from 4-5 minutes to 15 seconds if not less.

I came to pick up the game and I'm surprised to find that its over. Cool.

This was one of the more interesting games I've played, bed_head do you have the save from the turn before?

From the turn before, no. I completely forgot. I always forget the save at the end. Sorry. Best I can give you is 1960, the date where I was going to hand it off.

Good work guys I thought this might be done before I got back. I think I will now look forward to civ IV as I can't think of much else to do with civ III.

Mark1031 said:
Good work guys I thought this might be done before I got back. I think I will now look forward to civ IV as I can't think of much else to do with civ III.

I sort of feel the same way. I played about fifty SGs in about nine months, and pretty much feel as if I've tried most everything that I want to try with CivIII.

Top Bottom